AFC Bournemouth v Huddersfield Town

on ssn headlines in 60 seconds just now, they showed a clip of a furious looking eh saying 2 words: “effing sh it” and shaking his head as he walked off the pitch

might have been describing roger east i suppose

If they had a PL standard striker we wouldn't expect to beat them as they'd be not far behind us in the table...
Yes as I was driving home I thought the same thing - it makes a big difference between winning and losing those type of games

My view is we were good for twenty mins,then absolutely shocking.I think we need a captain that gees the players up and talks a lot.We seemed to lose confidence and Mooy ran the show

Just got back.

We were very lucky to win that one.

Started off well and 2-0 up after 22 minutes, then we switched off.

In the end they wanted it more than us and must be very disappointed to not get anything out of the game.

Even though Mooy should have had a second yellow, he was hungry for the ball and we needed someone like him tonight.

The team needed that win, hope we play better on Saturday.

BBC gave MOM to Ake, but Begovic saved us tonight.
I'll say it... we'd have competed much better with Gosling instead of Cook. No doubt about it.
Or Surman or Arter tbf....Arter being let go is a major cock up imo....i don't care how many times i'm told that 'Cook is the future'.

I was kind of hoping Huddersfield would grab an equaliser before half time so Eddie could kick them into shape during the break. That was simply atrocious. Ugly football, mistakes galore, totally outplayed by a team that will certainly be in or around the relegation zone all season. Scarily dominated in midfield.

I blame Surman and Gosling.

on ssn headlines in 60 seconds just now, they showed a clip of a furious looking eh saying 2 words: “effing sh it” and shaking his head as he walked off the pitch

might have been describing roger east i suppose
Must have been. On COWS Eddie’s post match interview was fairly positive, he thought we played well in the second half and had things under control defensively. Also said he was looking forward to watching the recording of the game to analyse and learn. Rather him than me, watching that once was enough for me ! That lad earns his money.
;)

Charlie Daniels is really struggling. Given we have not one but two options there, you have to think it's time he was given a breather.

Not sure what changes Lewis Cook either side of the half way line. In the attacking half he's picking out dangerous passes happy as larry. In his own half he's becoming a liability, trying the same Hollywood balls when being closed down by 3 opposition players. Needs to develop a better understanding with Lerma asap.

Our FBs looking very slow - showing their age now. And a missing link in midfield ... we’re short of a Pritchard-type player. Surely Eddie must strengthen in January: forget another forward (unless it’s goodbye to Callum), we need reinforcements further back.

Just got back.

We were very lucky to win that one.

Started off well and 2-0 up after 22 minutes, then we switched off.

In the end they wanted it more than us and must be very disappointed to not get anything out of the game.

Even though Mooy should have had a second yellow, he was hungry for the ball and we needed someone like him tonight.

The team needed that win, hope we play better on Saturday.

BBC gave MOM to Ake, but Begovic saved us tonight.

Did Mooy play very well, or did the fact that we gave him enough space to turn an oil tanker just make him look very good?

Not matching their 3-4-3 was a big error
brookes didn't get a kick
pritchard and mooy had acres of space all night and we never figured out how to prevent it
didn't deserve a point, let alone all three
hudds were excellent, will easily stay up and finish above the scum

Well, a nightmare journey to get to the match from Colehill to Parley Cross - 4.8 miles in 75 minutes - about 4 mph! At Parley at 7:10pm,
managed to get there 5 minutes before the match started.
In the Main Stand - not been in there for 8-9 years - appears to be a very genteel stand - I'm normally with the Hoi polloi in the NS or South stand. :throw:
A good view of both our goals - it looked so simple, I thought we were going to get 4 or 5 but it all went downhill afterwards!
3 points - onwards and upwards. Forget about Arsenal - we played well and lost!

Does anyone else see the positives in tonight? Every team has an off day, we had ours and still won. We were solid defensively in the second half. And I don’t think we were ‘lucky’ to not concede again, I think we defended really well. Midfield struggled to get hold of the game, Lewis and big Jeff were both a bit erratic and went chasing after the ball a bit to much. I think we missed a Gos or Surs tbh. But, and most importantly, I think this is a case of huddersfield being really good rather than us being bad. Their midfield played brilliantly and their defence was solid (and fucking MASSIVE). Mooy is some player

Very rarely have we played so poorly and come away with 3 points. I came away from the game feeling deflated and frustrated at the performance. Missed the first 10 minutes due to awful traffic - which was probably Bournemouth's best spell of the match !!

Gosh that was a tough watch! Thoroughly outplayed. Mooy outstanding. Really can’t understand how we won...but we did and to be fair, for all their possession second half they rarely threatened Bego’s goal which I was sat behind....we defended well, I guess. But my goodness how many times were we caught in possession in midfield??!!

;