AFC Bournemouth v Leicester City - Fifth Round FA Cup

It may have been obvious to the likes of you and me. However, there are many who fail to see this. Our players look drained last night as it was there for all to see.
Who are the 'many' who 'fail to see this'? Seriously, do you honestly believe people who have been watching and following football for decades (in most cases) do not see the blindingly obvious stuff you post? Or are you just a troll?

Who are the 'many' who 'fail to see this'? Seriously, do you honestly believe people who have been watching and following football for decades (in most cases) do not see the blindingly obvious stuff you post? Or are you just a troll?
It's the second one. Which raises the question: why do people feed him?

The problem is that if we are absent of both our main strikers our chances of scoring will be substantially reduced. So in which case, if Burnley take the lead it will effectively be 'game over' for us. So in which case your enjoyment of the game will be significantly reduced.
Where would we be without Captain Obvious pointing out the way?

Yes

Yes I do. There are many that buy tickets for a match and then do not watch the game or understand what is going on. I stated many times that the squad would be suffering from fatique against Leicester after the Man City game. But, as per usual, I was berated for it. I was proved to be correct. We will suffer the same at Burnley after having to play extra time on Tuesday.

Maybe not but that is the extreme and here we're talking about Gary O'Neil who played pragmatic but often decent football.

It was never about impressing our own philosophy and identity on an opponent. We just changed depending on what the opposition did.

He clearly didn’t get Foley the idea that he could develop his own plans here so he got the boot.

It was never about impressing our own philosophy and identity on an opponent. We just changed depending on what the opposition did.

He clearly didn’t get Foley the idea that he could develop his own plans here so he got the boot.

Yes then Wolves employed him and he's smashing it there. That's the history of it but I don't think that contradicts anything I've said.

All about those last 4 games last season for me. Win a couple of those and I just don't see how GON would have been sacked.

It was a hard enough decision anyway.

When I'm asked about how well he's doing at Wolves I say - decent coach with good players - in my view a better standard 'on the whole' than ours.

We've had this discussion before, but imo he would have been sacked regardless.

He simply didn't fit the long term vision of what Foley wants.

Plenty of managers have been dismissed, despite having what appeared to be a decent season on paper.

Yes then Wolves employed him and he's smashing it there. That's the history of it but I don't think that contradicts anything I've said.
He is 'smashing it'

Expectations have been raised by Wolves and rightly so.

Nailed on first manager sacked in 2024/25 season.

He was.

Got us out of a pickle.

New owners wanted a different impetus, and decided to replace him.

Was it right or was it wrong?

All hearsay, but having watched Andoni ball v Gary ball...... there is only one winner.

I think it was the right decision. It is also great to see Gary O'Neil doing well. Also, I hope we batter them whenever that game is rearranged. We definitely owe them one after what happened here.

We've had this discussion before, but imo he would have been sacked regardless.

He simply didn't fit the long term vision of what Foley wants.

Plenty of managers have been dismissed, despite having what appeared to be a decent season on paper.
Yep just would have been nice to see how it would have panned out.

Yep just would have been nice to see how it would have panned out.

Would have brought more bad publicity fir sure.

But similarly to signing players, once a top target becomes available, seemingly good performers get replaced, regardless of previous performance.

Playing better/getting results in those 4 games woukd have had no impact in him being moved on imo, once AI became available.

4 Matches is nothing in the scheme of things, when it comes to replacing someone with the manager they wanted.

I've heard from a couple of people close to the ckub that GON is a bit of an odd bloke/character. Perhaps didn't gel particularly well with owners either, which wouldn't have helped his cause.

;