AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool - Sunday 4.30 pm

Taken apart by a far superior team
We do not know how to put the ball in the back of the net
Shame but that’s the difference in teams in the premier league

U

Agree with that, but we'd scored more goals than Liverpool over the previous 10 games so we do know how. I think semenyo's absence was a big factor.

From behind my keyboard of course mate ;)

A true warrior.

I've got no issue confronting people who take the p1ss. As I did when people booed Kelly and Aby pr1ck wearing a Southampton top in the area (providing they're under 10 or a woman of course ;)).
B
Well...next day and approximately 15 hours worth of reflection and analysis...or maybe only half of that if you got some sleep.

Mmm I don't think...don't think any of us know quite what we've got with this bunch of players.
An opportunity for a couple of lesser used players to come in and shine against a tough opposition but who also had a few lesser used players...all that a sort of subjective history now...and an ugly result plonked in the archives.

Singing daft songs about "High Arolla eat Paella and drinking El' Stella" is not going to propel the team forward like an ol' North Eastern type 'Roar'
That is what you Need...what is needed..essential.. .in my book.
The Dean Court crowd as it is...is a shambolic, fragmented insipid mess ! Truth hurts dunnit ?

Any students of Rant ? Hello and carry on reading...this is yo Monday Morning Manna.....
Calf - skin notebooks at the ready !

(I don't think the New Larger Stadium is going to happen....there is something not quite right....the training ground thing is taking too long and I dont think that is what that build actually is....it's a Country Club for Yuppie / Corporate types...connected or about to be connected to the club.)

Quite what will happen in the FA Cup midweek..Christ knows...two clubs fresh from a couple of batterings...it's meant to be 'Our Year' as per hoo-ha post- the 'hapless' O'Neil...yeah him !
We would probably have to face one of the biggy clubs in a Semi...and unless it's Manu or Chelsea in their current form ...that would be curtains !

Ok ...this aint exactly yer Rosy Specs stuff is it....like you'll get from some quarters..oh don't get me wrong....I can do that....switch into that quite easily ...but No ...a balance is required ..always that needed....you can't have Positives unless... Unless you have the Negatives to measure against - Science Rules it ultimately !

Ye Gods this is depressing innit ? ;)

Late Breakfast next and then a walk on the breezy cold Moors to get a grip !
- the Missus in tow. ..and her towing a truck of Werthers and Fishermen's Friends !
:D

Bloody funny tbf. Nice one!

The TLDR of the stats

xG suggest scoreline flattered Liverpool – Opta had it at 1.37 vs 1.57, Understat as 0.83 vs 1.53

Hill had most defensive actions despite only playing an hour.

Tavernier becoming more influential. Top 2 touches in the final third this season are for him in the last 2 games (Spurs and Liverpool)

Brooks had a good cameo, highest number of successful crosses, one big chance provided, joint highest nubmer of successful take ons and highest xG (a shame he missed that chance)

That Brooks one on one where the ref gave a goal kick, despite the keeper clearly having stopped it, else the ball would have had to defy the laws of physics!

He desperately needs a goal though, getting in all the right positions when he comes on but nothing is going in for him.

Not sure it's fair to start isolating individuals yesterday... 0-4 was not a fair result and we all know that... probably 0-2 is how the game should have finished, on the second half alone... No one really stood out yesterday as being on their game. Mepham is the usual scapegoat but for me, given his limited time on the pitch, had a decent game...

First half was a bit of a stalemate, however, I didn't like the way we seemingly let Liverpool grab the upper-hand for the middle segment of the 1st... On the flip side thought we started and finished the 1st brightly...

Had we been more clinical then the scoreline would be very different. Not saying we'd have won, but the scoreline would not 'look' so dramatic. Losing to Liverpool will not make any difference on our season... It's a sh*t thing to say but it's true... Losing Aarons is the only real sh*t thing to come out of yesterday...

The next 5 games, Forest (h), Fulham (a), Newcastle (a), City (h), and Burnley (a) could move us to within a whisker of being safe. Taking City out of this... These are the games we need to look at turning up in...

Not sure it's fair to start isolating individuals yesterday... 0-4 was not a fair result and we all know that... probably 0-2 is how the game should have finished, on the second half alone... No one really stood out yesterday as being on their game. Mepham is the usual scapegoat but for me, given his limited time on the pitch, had a decent game...

First half was a bit of a stalemate, however, I didn't like the way we seemingly let Liverpool grab the upper-hand for the middle segment of the 1st... On the flip side thought we started and finished the 1st brightly...

Had we been more clinical then the scoreline would be very different. Not saying we'd have won, but the scoreline would not 'look' so dramatic. Losing to Liverpool will not make any difference on our season... It's a sh*t thing to say but it's true... Losing Aarons is the only real sh*t thing to come out of yesterday...

The next 5 games, Forest (h), Fulham (a), Newcastle (a), City (h), and Burnley (a) could move us to within a whisker of being safe. Taking City out of this... These are the games we need to look at turning up in...
Don’t forget our next league game is away at West Ham on Thursday 1st February.

I thought the difference was their defence pairing of Van Djik and Konate they were immence and snuffed out our attacking intent. Also their players were very quick to cover our players with the ball and nine times out of ten won the ball back.

Yeah that's a world class cb pairing they have on their hands there. And excellent footballers. All rounders.

Physical mountains, and very quick too. Very difficult for most sides to open them up.

I’d watch the fourth again, Nunez got goalside of Zab easily and stayed there. The third wouldn’t have happened at all if Zab hadn’t fallen over unless I’m confusing it with the second.

Meps is everyone’s favourite scapegoat but it can’t be to the extent of ignoring someone else’s direct errors and him trying to recover them.
I think your confusing with second where he got knocked off balance and fell over, the third you could blame on a number of people but the misshit tricked everyone.
The fourth goal I agree with you he should of been better positioned and he would of stopped it

Last edited:
I thought the difference was their defence pairing of Van Djik and Konate they were immence and snuffed out our attacking intent. Also their players were very quick to cover our players with the ball and nine times out of ten won the ball back.
Unfortunately our defence was never going to look as good as the most expensive defender and goalkeeper ever seen. That Konate is enormous and also very good, sadly for us.

Other than their defence and finishing in the second half, didn't think they were all that much to be honest. Lots of hoofs down the pitch that for some reason didn't blow out like all our's did!

Disappointed by the size of the scoreline, which certainly didn't reflect the actual balance of the game, but you have to give credit to the Liverpool players for their ruthlessness in front of goal. When they shot, they scored. Ultimately that was the difference. Their defenders also blocked many of our most promising shots on goal but then these are truly world class defenders that we are talking about.

We did okay and as others have mentioned, the quality of our forced replacements was significantly lower than those of Liverpool, which combined with a general rustiness after the long break, seemed to have us performing at a lower level than normal.

I'd like to see us win the cup game without too much of a struggle ( and no new injuries please ) and then I'd be confident of us going on another decent run of league results.

Yesterday wasn't our best day but we gave it a proper go, lots of effort and lots of entertainment once again. Happy enough with that for now.

I think your confusing with second where he got knocked off balance and fell over, the third you could blame on a number of people but the misshit tricked everyone.
The fourth goal I agree with you he should of been better positioned and he would of stopped it
Yes it was the second I was thinking of.

Sorry, me and reality and realism left at half time when we realised it couldn’t get any better…

;