AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool - Sunday 4.30 pm

We played a very good side that are top of the league so no shame in losing. The rub of the green seemed to go with them every time which was frustrating and the ref could've been a bit more stronger but let's face it we were a weakened team. Hill tried but is noticeably not PL standard. We missed Senesi. We missed Semenyo meaning playing Tav on the right which isn't right. Aaron's back from injury, and now injured again, and Kelly was poor but again just back from injury. I know you all love Dom but today was a shining example of why a top 6 club won't sign him and why his value is way over estimated on here. Totally bossed by Van Dyke. Had a chance to beat the keeper to the ball in the box and noticeably slowed up allowing Alison to get to the ball first when he could've perhaps drawn a penalty out of the keeper and then when two decent chances came in the second half he air shotted one and tamely clip the other. Not knocking him as he has been scoring of late but he was totally outplayed today.
Liverpool didn't deserve to score four but I won't be losing any sleep over it as we'll be winning games again soon.
Keep the faith unlike those who decided 70 minutes was enough today and started leaving. These people are taking tickets of those who genuinely want to support their team but now half of Dorset has 1 point that's what we are getting.

100% this
I bet when the xG comes out Liverpool might shade it but it'd be under 0.25 difference.
You’d lose, but it was close and never a 0-4 game. (Edit - my maths went awry and you would win the bet!)

current Opta stats AFCB 1.39 Liverpool 1.61

i’ve just put in the data. Tav has very good scores and Hill made most defensive actions despite his early substitution.

Full stats tomorrow

Last edited:
I don't think you can blame Do at all, I remember he had one quick snap shot in area that was blocked and one where Sini put in a low cross which was going to his feet but our player infront swiped first which put him off which led to him not connecting with the cross. Other than that we didn't create anything clear cut, some tidy play in midfield but Liverpool defense snuffed out every final ball. 2nd half we just overdid it and lost a few key duals that led to 2 of their goals. I have to say Jota is a good player one of those players who is under-rated, I was most concerned about Diaz who I think is great player but they have talent in abundance.

Is our home crowd usually that quiet? I get that there wasn't too much to cheer about, but even so. All I could hear was Liverpool fans.

This has been argued since the dawn of time… well tv… the pitch mics are all around the ground. The tv producers only select one or two at a time otherwise it’s just a dirge with competing sounds.

What’s the deal with ticketing for the main stand block under the screen? Is it linked to the corporate tent? Half of the block applauding Liverpool goals. Embarrassing.

Block 1 is hospitality, not the tent.

Is our home crowd usually that quiet? I get that there wasn't too much to cheer about, but even so. All I could hear was Liverpool fans.
Yes we've always been very quiet since DC got rebuilt in 2001.
The only times we have ever made an impacting noise is the all or nothing games - Grimbsy, Bolton, Forest - those 3 were loudest we've ever been. Funnily enough we won those 3 games with that noise but I just don't think our fanbase is capable of making a racket every week, they need a big reason to do it.

It was good in the first half but we didn’t take our half chances.

Second half the mistakes came and confidence ebbed away.

We do play attractive football and there’s no shame in losing to them. They were better all round sadly.

And Richard Hughes was there.

We have to get that Stadium built....and get a bigger, better working class crowd in ...then these games can be played without the Tinpot Aura hanging above it.
We need a Middlesboro standard roar..from the crowd every time a Cherry player moves forward with the ball...throughout the entire 95 minutes..if we are to challenge the likes of West Ham or Brighton for the Euro places in the near future !
All I could hear today albeit it was only on a screen, was the Liverpool fans bawling !
And ..and the 'corporate' crap is not doing us any good if opposition supporting tossers are allowed in...get rid !

Oh dear....that's two defeats on the trot now where we feared the opposition... 1 goal for ..7 against ....how bad is that Bluto ? ( Popeye is at sea this week ! )
....today's game was bigged up by the Media as 'A Test For The League Leaders'...some test eh ?

These things need saying.

They were good, but it’s fair to say that we were also very poor in the second half today.

Their goals were far too easy, well worked from their point of view but you simply don’t stand a chance in a game like this if you give the opponent that much space to operate him. The first goal in particular, every Liverpool player in that phase of play seemed to be in an acre of space. We were never going to match them on quality but we at least had to scrap and make things as difficult as possible for them, we fell short in the second half today.

As for the players, not too many positives but-

-felt like Christie showed moments of quality and worked his socks off.

-Hill certainly acquitted himself well and can be proud of his afternoons work.

-Aarons looked a threat going forward, a real shame that he has picked up another injury.

-Moore looked lively when he came on, yes the game had gone by that point but at least he showed good movement and posed them a threat.

-Brooks also looked lively when he came on, despite the missed sitter. His big problem is that he doesn’t provide any defensive cover to his full back.

The negative performers:

There were quite a few but some particularly stood out today-

-Neto. For the love of God just come off of your goal line man. It’s like he’s playing the hokey cokey every time a ball is whipped in anywhere near his six yard box, starts to come out then quickly scampers back towards his goal line. We have a very bad set piece record since promotion, and I think he has been a big factor in this. He needs to show authority and command his box in certain situations but he just doesn’t.

-Mepham. Very weak performance in the second half, he was always going to struggle against the pace of their attack but he even got physically dominated by a player who must be close to a foot smaller than him (Jota) in the second half today. Just can’t be bullied like that.

-Cook. Has been very good this season but today he was way off of it. His quality in the ball was nowhere near the level required, passed to Liverpool players more often than our own it felt like at times.

Showed the issue with an imbalanced squad recruitment. We started the season with one orthodox left back and one centre forward that can play Iraolaball. We’ve got lucky that Solanke has stayed fit. We haven’t got lucky with defensive injuries and wasted a wage in Fredericks.

I imagine Bill is wondering how he’s spent 200m and got Marcondes and Kilkenny on the bench. Hopefully Hughes rumoured moving on at the end of the window will allow us to address these things in the summer.

Well we're only 12th in the Prem table at the mo!

Just imagine how much further up the table we would be with an even better recruitment team!

Key issue - isolation of Solanke against two big, classy CBs. We need a second striker to distract defenders and to give Dom some space. Kluivert anonymous today and too often the ball wouldn’t stick upfront. Surely it’s goodbye to Moore, who’s way off the pace in the PL. Liked Zab’s showing …

;