AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City

Don't know if it's been mentioned earlier but well done the ground staff. That was the 4th match in 8 days on the pitch and it looked in tip top condition. Must have been a lot of investment in the playing surface and it's obviously well looked after.

Ps we still won't be allowed on it after the last home match of the season : (

Question to me today from a relative of ours...a Plymouth supporter.

How come Bournemouth cannot fill an 11,000 capacity Stadium v Man City ? He said according to the paper it was 10,690 ish....300 short!

I couldnt give him an answer...but it is strange and disappointing while we are hoping for a larger around 30,000 structure to match Brighton for example or even 20,000 to match Port Vale, who dont even play Man City at present.
The desire and interest from the local population needs to be apparent if we are to convince the investors of the need to build or extend at least!
I fear some glib half-arsed designer answer will come sailing across the cyberssphere!

Last edited:

How come Bournemouth cannot fill an 11,000 capacity Stadium v Man City ? He said according to the paper it was 10,690 ish....300 short!

I couldnt give him an answer...but it is strange and disappointing while we are hoping for a larger around 30,000 structure to match Brighton for example or even 20,000 to match Port Vale, who dont even play Man City at present.
The desire and interest from the local population needs to apparent if we are to convince the investors of the need to build or extend at least!
I fear some glib half-arsed designer answer will come sailing across the cyberssphere!

Something odd about the stats. Bill. Unless City didn’t sell out (unlikely) 300 people must not have turned up. The game didn’t go to general sale as far as I’m aware.

Some clubs count ST sold and not how many ST go through the turnstile.

Our club count who go through the turnstiles, even ST holders.

So in effect some clubs probably don’t give accurate figures on how many actually attended.

As BTK says - We count who comes in through turnstiles, not how many tickets are sold. So no-shows do not get counted.

Almost every other club in the league (probably incluing Plymouth) counts tickets sold. Getting into the laughable situation of saying they're sold out over the tannoy even when there's clearly empty seats around.

This Manchester City fans forum has his name mentioned four times on the first page. One wants their club to sign him up.

Great 3 points,we march on.

MOTM Bernardo,but special mention for Zinchenko,Sterling and Sergio.

Ake deserves a mention too,awesome.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/bournemouth-a-post-match-thread.339191/

I just don't know what to make of this comment by 'AshtonBlueMooner' on that thread:

"Must admit, wish we had taken Jordan Ibe instead of Raz, he looks a world beater."o_O

The desire and interest from the local population needs to be apparent if we are to convince the investors of the need to build or extend at least!

Bill, regarding a 20-30k stadium, I would not have the answer on that. In my opinion that is a much wider topic.

But just a thought, to explain the 300 or so who did not show up. Think of airlines. I was told once they overbook by around 5%. This may vary on country/airline/time of year etc etc. People don't turn up for a variety of reasons. If they all do, they can bump people to the next flight an hour later or even the next day safe in the legalese of the terms and conditions of the ticket.

Now for a football club, there is not the luxury of the same match/product/service 90 mins or 4 hours later. Some of the same no show issues would apply here - eg: Illness, last minute emergencies, stuck in traffic etc. There would be bedlam, and rightfully so, if you bought a ticket to a match and could not get in as it was overbooked. The offer of a free ticket and upgrade to the next home game say 2 weeks later and against a different opposition, would not be close to adequate recompense for most people.

300 short, and you live close to the ground and cant get a ticket - that would be annoying I agree. However, looking at it from a different perspective, circa 3% wastage is probably about right when you factor in the vagaries of everyday life.

Edit - saw this earlier, had to go away then came back. Seen other replies on the same line. Not meant by me as a pile on Bill :)

;