AFC Bournemouth v MK Dons - League Cup First Round

Got to laugh at all these pensioners (who are going to die soon anyway) crapping themselves about whether or not it was safe to attend today. Thank f uck it was not their generation that was tasked with storming the beaches of Normandy otherwise it is highly likely that I would be writing this post in German.

Because putting their own health first for a micky-mouse cup tie is EXACTLY the same as NOT putting their country first, you utterly brainless moron?!

Using your logic, old people should just walk straight across the road without looking instead of using a footbridge or crossing as they are wasting their vital remaining seconds being "safe"

Congratulations are due though for probably the most pathetic post I've ever read on here, and there's been some competition.

Because putting their own health first for a micky-mouse cup tie is EXACTLY the same as NOT putting their country first, you utterly brainless moron?!

Using your logic, old people should just walk straight across the road without looking instead of using a footbridge or crossing as they are wasting their vital remaining seconds being "safe"

Congratulations are due though for probably the most pathetic post I've ever read on here, and there's been some competition.
Mostly by the same poster.

I ordered WBA tickets Monday £3 postage/‘booking’ fee, Blackpool tickets went on sale Wednesday with a £3 postage/‘booking’. Technically that’s £6 on postage and neither ticket have arrived.

Poole Town use QR codes, printable, or take on mobile phones.

We have the technology to make this happen. Seems crazy why we don't/haven't!

Would it be fair to assume that the club wouldn't be able to charge an admin fee for processing virtual tickets? With 6K STH's, assuming 4K non-ST home tickets, multiplied by £3 - per home matchday over the course of a season - is over £250K.

The absolute cynic in me would presume that this is money that we'd rather not go without.

Would it be fair to assume that the club wouldn't be able to charge an admin fee for processing virtual tickets? With 6K STH's, assuming 4K non-ST home tickets, multiplied by £3 - per home matchday over the course of a season - is over £250K.

The absolute cynic in me would presume that this is money that we'd rather not go without.

I agree, I have no issue with paying a handling/admin/postage fee if the tickets turn up within a reasonable time and aren’t placed on sale 48 hours apart.

QR codes would be ideal, I’m sure you could add a smaller admin fee onto this, and of course still offer the option of a paper ticket for those that would prefer that.

There would be some saving in staff not having to post out the letters. Not sure how much though.

Alternatively (and I know there is a cost implication to this)... give ALL supporters an ST-style card. Charge them a one-off tenner for the card if they need to, but just waive the £3 admin fees for each transaction - and get any purchased tickets loaded onto the cards.

Then whenever the tickets are on General Sale for new customers/fans, let them go to the ticket office, give them a card rather than a paper ticket, and send them on their way to the turnstile informing them to just utilise this card any time they manage to secure a ticket online?!

Carrow Road is full for every league match, just like it was in the Championship, just like it was in League One.

I believe they have an average of greater than 93% of capacity. The missing % can be accounted for by some away teams not taking up their full allocation and season ticket holders not attending the odd match (unlike clubs such as Man U, they count the actual attendance, not the theoretical maximum) .

It's a bit different when you are the only team of note in the county and you have a catchment area all around rather than like us half of our catchment area being in the sea!

Also with Delia in charge their catering offerings are most likely better than ours.

Alternatively (and I know there is a cost implication to this)... give ALL supporters an ST-style card. Charge them a one-off tenner for the card if they need to, but just waive the £3 admin fees for each transaction - and get any purchased tickets loaded onto the cards.

Then whenever the tickets are on General Sale for new customers/fans, let them go to the ticket office, give them a card rather than a paper ticket, and send them on their way to the turnstile informing them to just utilise this card any time they manage to secure a ticket online?!

Just allow all ticket purchasers to have an e-ticket sent to your mobile phone or to print them off at home with the turnstiles to be adapted to take the QR codes.

We're way behind with technology. I can confirm from personal experience that it was e-tickets for Wembley for the Euros, Wimbledon for the tennis, The Hundred at the Rosebowl and the Open at St Georges. For e-tickets there is a facility for the ticket purchaser to share and send other tickets if purchased for friends/family

The last thing we want is cards for everyone. That would be a retrograde step.

Last edited:
Just allow all ticket purchasers to have an e-ticket sent to your mobile phone or to print them off at home with the turnstiles to be adapted to take the QR codes.

We're way behind with technology. I can confirm from personal experience that it was e-tickets for Wembley for the Euros, Wimbledon for the tennis, The Hundred at the Rosebowl and the Open at St Georges. For e-tickets there is a facility for the ticket purchaser to share and send other tickets if purchased for friends/family

The last thing we want is cards for everyone. That would be a retrograde step.
Not if your disinclined to carry a mini computer with you wherever you go.
Cards generally fit easily in a wallet.

I’m double vaxed. I think anyone that doesn’t get vaxed is mental. Massive assumption you made just because someone believes in calculating real risk. There’s 160,000 injuries in cars every year ranging from death to minor. Maybe we should all get the bus *checks bus stats…..

The true fan base of this club has always been around the 4000odd that turned up for all the crap and I’d never slag them off.

The newer ones need to step up to the plate or we will level back to our natural place in League 1.

I agree with you Neil. I wasn't going anywhere where there were crowds until I had my second jab on 1 May. My wife was also on the clinically vulnerable list and had been isolating at home for 12 months.

My only worry is whether there will be any long term effect of having a booster jab every six/12 months. I'm 72 now so have had a good innings but how will it affect younger people?

We meet his new team at Dean Court on the 6th November.

SSN

MARTIN NAMED SWANSEA MANAGER

Russell Martin has been appointed Swansea’s new manager on a three-year deal.

The former Scotland international moves to the Liberty Stadium from MK Dons, despite initially rejecting the Swans’ approach.

The Sky Bet Championship club – who lost to Brentford in the play-off final last season – refused to give up and will pay around £400,000 compensation for Martin, who replaces Steve Cooper and will be joined by Luke Williams, Matt Gill and Dean Thornton from his coaching staff in Milton Keynes.

Chief executive Julian Winter told the club’s official website: “We are delighted with the appointment of Russell as our new head coach.

“He very much fits the profile of a young and hungry coach who wants to succeed. After earning plaudits with Milton Keynes Dons for the attractive, attacking style that he implemented, we quickly realised Russell would be the right person to take us forward.

“He captained Peterborough and Norwich as well as winning promotion on five separate occasions (as a player), which tells you everything about his leadership qualities and winning mentality.”

Last edited:
Ah yes that probably explains it. As I got to the front of the queue I began to notice that people with ST cards were sailing through in seconds, whilst people with paper tickets seemed to be struggling and needing several goes at scanning them. Sometimes having to give up and scramble out of the turnstile!

Well, our tickets didn’t scan well and they were dry - sheltered in the car until stopped raining!

Re a arrival of tickets: my daughter booked a ticket Weds at 10am and arrived in London next day. Thought that was an impressive turn around

Which generation like to liberally throw around the term of abuse “snowflake”? Well we are really seeing the cut of the jib of these flower power warriors now that the going has got slightly inconvenient.

;