AFC Bournemouth v Newcastle U - Live on Sky/Pick

Ah good old Kev.

The ref & all his officials on the day, who couldn't be bothered to check the handball with VAR that set up Sheff Utd's equaliser in the last minute.

There are quite a few frustrating moments with him although did very well when we beat Cardiff last season - no nonsense refereeing that stopped their fouling very early on unlike John Moss in the away game.

Geordie in peace here.

We were terrible first half against Man City because Bruce tried RafaBall, but Bruce can't do that. It's like when your dad tries to tell a joke but forgets the setup, punchline and pacing.

ASM rumoured to be rested for our game at your place. Which is a worry because he's the only one who's played well after the break. Even the usually ultra-reliable Dubravka looks a bit rusty.

Like you've said, we're likely safe this season which is a relief because I wasn't confident as soon as Bruce was announced.

The only thing I can take from this season is that Ashley is definitely wanting to sell the club. Finally. After 13 years of zero ambition, of court cases, of relegations, and Kinnear and Pardew (whose 8yr deal ends today.). Hes got one foot out the door.

Geordie in peace here.

We were terrible first half against Man City because Bruce tried RafaBall, but Bruce can't do that. It's like when your dad tries to tell a joke but forgets the setup, punchline and pacing.

ASM rumoured to be rested for our game at your place. Which is a worry because he's the only one who's played well after the break. Even the usually ultra-reliable Dubravka looks a bit rusty.

Like you've said, we're likely safe this season which is a relief because I wasn't confident as soon as Bruce was announced.

The only thing I can take from this season is that Ashley is definitely wanting to sell the club. Finally. After 13 years of zero ambition, of court cases, of relegations, and Kinnear and Pardew (whose 8yr deal ends today.). Hes got one foot out the door.

If that’s the case and he rests ASM, that is good news for our defence.

He I thought would be the player to give us problems, as he has been in good form recently.

What about our old player Matt Ritchie, fit for tomorrow?

If that’s the case and he rests ASM, that is good news for our defence.

He I thought would be the player to give us problems, as he has been in good form recently.

What about our old player Matt Ritchie, fit for tomorrow?

He's excellent, the break has been good for his niggly hamstring issue, plus he seems to have improved his decision making during lockdown. Dunno how, maybe playing chess? Any way he's a bit like Ben Arfa with a little less talent, more strength and a little less selfish. One of those players that gets you out of your seat every time he's on the ball.

Ritchie? Dunno. He's been struggling for fitness and if ASM is dropped we might see a few changes throughout the side. Rose is playing ok at LB and Almiron can play either wing so it's not like we need to rush him back if he's not 100%. Plus Lazarro will probably need game time. Also Joelinton can play wider, in fact he's happier playing from a wider position with another striker in the middle. Possibly big Andy C?

Geordie in peace here.

Surely you miss Kinnear's press conferences? Absolutely brilliant.

He's excellent, the break has been good for his niggly hamstring issue, plus he seems to have improved his decision making during lockdown. Dunno how, maybe playing chess? Any way he's a bit like Ben Arfa with a little less talent, more strength and a little less selfish. One of those players that gets you out of your seat every time he's on the ball.

Ritchie? Dunno. He's been struggling for fitness and if ASM is dropped we might see a few changes throughout the side. Rose is playing ok at LB and Almiron can play either wing so it's not like we need to rush him back if he's not 100%. Plus Lazarro will probably need game time. Also Joelinton can play wider, in fact he's happier playing from a wider position with another striker in the middle. Possibly big Andy C?

Thanks for the feedback.

As you are now safe, hope Bruce does make changes and we can at least get something out of this game.

With games gradually running out, we need points from games like this.

Last two games at our home Dean Court against your team, have produced 2-2 draws.

Thanks for the feedback.

As you are now safe, hope Bruce does make changes and we can at least get something out of this game.

With games gradually running out, we need points from games like this.

Last two games at our home Dean Court against your team, have produced 2-2 draws.
I can't see us scoring 2, especially with ASM likely to miss the game.

For what it's worth, of the teams down there you and Norwich are the least preferred options to go down, for me. It's too late for Norwich, but if West Ham and Aston Villa could get flushed I'll be a happy fishy.

For what it's worth, of the teams down there you and Norwich are the least preferred options to go down, for me. It's too late for Norwich, but if West Ham and Aston Villa could get flushed I'll be a happy fishy.

We have had only one ‘shot’ on target and that was a header from our central defender Ake.

But it is still very tight at the bottom and think those teams you mentioned have to play each other and I think that includes Watford.

------------------Rambo---------------
Smith ----- Cook ----- Ake ----- Rico
------------------Lerma----------------
Brooks - L Cook - Billing - Danjuma
--------------King/Surridge------------
  • Smithy back at right back to deal with the pace of Saint-Maximin
  • Lerma anchor role to deal with Almiron
  • King is my only question mark; not because of fitness, I wonder whether he's really up for it. He just didn't look all that arsed in his last outing.
    I would quite happily see Surridge given a chance.
It'll be Dom.

We have had only one ‘shot’ on target and that was a header from our central defender Ake.

But it is still very tight at the bottom and think those teams you mentioned have to play each other and I think that includes Watford.
Well, we're abject at defending set pieces, 12 of the 29 goals we've shipped thus far have been from set pieces so.. (y)

Geordie in peace here.

That's reassuring to hear that ASM might be rested :)
He was a thorn in our side when we played up there.

I think the trip to your patch would be the fixture our fans would miss the most, should we get relegated, so the feeling is definitely mutual (y)

I think the trip to your patch would be the fixture our fans would miss the most, should we get relegated, so the feeling is definitely mutual (y)

yep, we get to go to middlesbrough instead (maybe). personally I love going there.... but I freely admit its no Newcastle

;