AFC Bournemouth v Newcastle U - Live on Sky/Pick

billythekid

UTC Legend
Our referee is Kevin Friend.

We have had him twice this season at Dean Court, against Brighton and Sheffield United.

Must Win Game

After two performances behind closed doors, one home the other away, our players have still not managed a goal between them. In the two games we have managed a total of 1 attempt on target.
We have seven games to save our Premier League place for next season and this game against Newcastle must be looked upon as game we must win. In the last two seasons we have drawn against them at home and on recent results of our team and teams around us a point could help, but we need to improve our GD, which at the end of the season could be crucial.

The Magpies signed three loan players in January, they were winger Valentino Lazaro signed from Inter Milan, midfielder Nabil Bentaleb from Schalke and defender Danny Rose from Spurs.
The last time we played Newcastle was back in November and after they beat us Newcastle were 15th in the table and AFCB were 9th, one point behind after twelve games. Since then and before the lockdown, in their away games, Newcastle have Won against Sheffield United and Southampton, Drawn with Wolves and Everton, Lost against Aston Villa, Burnley, Manchester United, Arsenal and Crystal Palace. At home they have Won 3, Drawn 3, Lost 2.

Newcastle come to Dean Court with a win and a draw in their two home games behind closed doors. They beat Sheffield United 3-0 and drew 1-1 with Aston Villa. This will be their first away game playing in a near empty stadium. They are just below a mid table position in 14th position with 39 points and can look forward to another season in this league, the Cherries are in 18th position on 27 points and a relegation spot. The Cherries need to find their scoring boots again, this is their record at Dean Court since we entered the Premier League, so far after 15 games this season, they have
F 17 - A 23. In the 2018-19 season at home, F 30 - A 25. 2017-18, F 26 - A 30. 2016-17, F 35 - A 29. 2015-16, F 23 - A 34.

In our home games against Newcastle in the Premier League our club have yet to win. They did win a league game against them back in the old Division 2 in 1989 by 2-1.
Home record in the league, W 1, D 2, L 1. In all competitions, W 4, D 4, L 5.

AFCB Team News
Callum Wilson is suspended so if Josh King is fit he would I think play the front role. Simon Francis has a knee injury, Philip Billing came off because of a dead leg at Wolves, hope he will be available. Charlie Daniels still out with a knee injury but has been back in training.

AFCB Player To Watch
We badly need goals and hopefully Josh King will be the player to do it.

Newcastle Team News
Matt Ritchie has a tight hamstring and missed the Sunday FA Cup game. Ciaran Clark had an operation on his ankle. Florian Lejeune recovering from knee injury.

Newcastle Player To Watch
Allan Saint-Maximin, in very good form and could cause our defence some problems. Has scored three goals this season, one in the home win recently against Sheffield United, has one assist. Jonjo Shelvey is their leading scorer with 5 goals.

Their midfield looked quite static vs City. They only worked on closing down for 10 mins.
That would surely help us get forward.
Wouldn't it ????

Their midfield looked quite static vs City. They only worked on closing down for 10 mins.
That would surely help us get forward.
Wouldn't it ????

Well even with the teams around us not so far getting results, this could suddenly change, so we need to up our game or it may be too late.

This is coming from someone who always tries to look on the positive side re Eddie and his team.

------------------Rambo---------------
Smith ----- Cook ----- Ake ----- Rico
------------------Lerma----------------
Brooks - L Cook - Billing - Danjuma
--------------King/Surridge------------
  • Smithy back at right back to deal with the pace of Saint-Maximin
  • Lerma anchor role to deal with Almiron
  • King is my only question mark; not because of fitness, I wonder whether he's really up for it. He just didn't look all that arsed in his last outing.
    I would quite happily see Surridge given a chance.

------------------Rambo---------------
Smith ----- Cook ----- Ake ----- Rico
------------------Lerma----------------
Brooks - L Cook - Billing - Danjuma
--------------King/Surridge------------
  • Smithy back at right back to deal with the pace of Saint-Maximin
  • Lerma anchor role to deal with Almiron
  • King is my only question mark; not because of fitness, I wonder whether he's really up for it. He just didn't look all that arsed in his last outing.
    I would quite happily see Surridge given a chance.

Let’s hope King is in this mood.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/

Notice quite a few people putting the wide players in the midfield line rather than forward line in their formations.

We really need to get our wingers much higher up the pitch if we are going to cause more problems for the opposition and look like scoring. Too often it’s just a flat line of 4 or 5 in midfield with all the passing sideways in front of our opponents.

just hope that's one of eddie's smoke-screens with injured players
difficult enough to get any kind of result without him but if king doesn't play I fear the worst
brookes needs to play behind the striker(s)

just hope that's one of eddie's smoke-screens with injured players
difficult enough to get any kind of result without him but if king doesn't play I fear the worst
brookes needs to play behind the striker(s)

Echo got an article on Surridge today.

Be interesting if Eddie gives him a start if King is injured.

Echo got an article on Surridge today.

Be interesting if Eddie gives him a start if King is injured.
Wow. Talk about a baptism of fire if he is leading the line tomorrow - no pressure Sam - NOT !

Still, big opportunity for a Roy of The Rovers type story.
Local lad gets his big opportunity to dig his boyhood club out of a hole and smashes in a rip-roaring hat trick. The crowd go wild.....oh hang on....

If he does get a start, good luck to the lad, he deserves his opportunity and it's not his fault that we are in this position so no expectation from me that he should single-handedly turn things around. Of course it would be nice if he did though ;)

:utc:

the only other option would be Dom :LOL:

You never know, that may be just what he needs, the responsibility as well as the freedom of not playing alongside Callum or Josh. His hold up play is pretty good at times - he was excellent home to Newcastle last year - and if supported by speed merchants who could feed off him at pace we could see the making of him.

OK, so I'm an optimist, but it could just happen.....

The absence of Callum Wilson for two games in a short period of time and with Josh King just getting over an injury must give Eddie food for thought.

;