AFC Bournemouth v Newcastle United - Live On Sky 5.30 pm

I shall be watching MOTD ironically tonight, just to bathe in their inevitable “Poor old Newcastle with all of their injuries” shite, whilst giving us no credit whatsoever.

Do we care what those blinkered pundits say tonight ?
Not one fcuking jot !!!
A perfect performance and three points.
The pundits can do one !

:utc:

I thought Sinisterra might have started tonight, but we didn’t see him until the 68th minute. But he ended up having the most shots in the game with 5.

Dominic Solanke and Antoine Semenyo had 4 each, Dominic with a bit more luck could have had a hat-trick tonight.

Dominic now has 6 goals, is the same as his total for all of last season and the highest he has scored in this league.

Another good stat was in our 19 shots, 10 were on target, this was against United’s 8 shots, 5 on target.

Our side played well tonight and without that performance by Nick Pope in goal, we could have had more goals.

Lots of good performances tonight and hopefully for our team things are beginning to click into place. One player I mentioned when he signed a new contract was Ryan Christie and mentioned every team needs a player like him who gives his all non stop running while on the pitch, he had a great game tonight.

I know we played a very weakened Newcastle United side tonight, but for once we had the rub of the green and our side made sure we took all three points to take us out of the relegation zone.

So against Eddie in this league we have W 1, D 2, L 0.

That felt like one of the best home performances we’ve had since covid.

Sure we had some good results in the Championship and we’ve of course had the Forest promotion play-off. But as a one-off performance, high attacking press, excitement, chances created, it was a total performance from the first whistle. That beats the 1-0 win over Liverpool for me.

That felt like one of the best home performances we’ve had since covid.

Sure we had some good results in the Championship and we’ve of course had the Forest promotion play-off. But as a one-off performance, high attacking press, excitement, chances created, it was a total performance from the first whistle. That beats the 1-0 win over Liverpool for me.
Spot on DJ. That really was a great game to watch and the atmosphere matched the play. Oh, and FWIW I thought Christie was superb as were almost all the players. And so very very pleased for Iraola too!

I prefer to take the glass half full approach today. Yes they were obviously severely weakened and it was a game that we should have expected to win under the circumstances, but you can only beat what is in front of you and we were very very good.

My MOTM was actually Ryan Christie, maybe there is a future for him in that position. For me he holds the team back when deployed in that advanced role as his work off of the ball can never compensate for his inability to create or score in that position, but in a deeper role where there is less emphasis on him to do this perhaps he could thrive. If the main attribute that we’re looking for from a centre mid is to cover ground then we won’t find a better fit than him, he was absolutely everywhere tonight and literally never stopped sprinting. If he has to play then I’d definitely prefer to see him playing deeper. We have so much attacking talent that we need to get as much of it onto the pitch as possible.

Lewis Cook also deserves a mention, he was very very good. The work that he did off of the ball to tirelessly track midfield runners will go unnoticed by many but not by me. He’ll never do anything too flashy on the ball but if he continues that level of performance out of possession then it won’t be an issue. The delivery for the second goal was also very good, although in the interest of balance this was definitely an outlier as for the rest of the game it was pretty shocking. He does occasionally put in a decent one though.

Solanke was also sublime in virtually every way, how anyone can still doubt this guy is beyond me. That was a complete strikers performance today, perhaps the most impressive aspect for me was his endless channel running and hold up play. They couldn’t really cope.

Shout out to Sinistera too, only seen him in two cameos but it’s enough to know that he should be starting for us. Don’t think Kluivert is outrageously bad or anything but Sinistera is seemingly on a different level. Get him playing behind Dom every week and it could be very exciting.

Also thought our approach was much more enjoyable today, far more direct than it has been and we actually made an effort to play to our strengths such as our pace and power in the forward areas. Would very much like to see that trend continue.

Am I convinced by Iraola? No, not yet. But that was a huge step in the right direction and a couple more like that and I may well be.

Waz we know it's you.

Your style is the same to that of KK.

You know, where you always add hyperbolic words to normal ones, to make a point.

I prefer to take the glass half full approach today. Yes they were obviously severely weakened and it was a game that we should have expected to win under the circumstances, but you can only beat what is in front of you and we were very very good.

My MOTM was actually Ryan Christie, maybe there is a future for him in that position. For me he holds the team back when deployed in that advanced role as his work off of the ball can never compensate for his inability to create or score in that position, but in a deeper role where there is less emphasis on him to do this perhaps he could thrive. If the main attribute that we’re looking for from a centre mid is to cover ground then we won’t find a better fit than him, he was absolutely everywhere tonight and literally never stopped sprinting. If he has to play then I’d definitely prefer to see him playing deeper. We have so much attacking talent that we need to get as much of it onto the pitch as possible.

Lewis Cook also deserves a mention, he was very very good. The work that he did off of the ball to tirelessly track midfield runners will go unnoticed by many but not by me. He’ll never do anything too flashy on the ball but if he continues that level of performance out of possession then it won’t be an issue. The delivery for the second goal was also very good, although in the interest of balance this was definitely an outlier as for the rest of the game it was pretty shocking. He does occasionally put in a decent one though.

Solanke was also sublime in virtually every way, how anyone can still doubt this guy is beyond me. That was a complete strikers performance today, perhaps the most impressive aspect for me was his endless channel running and hold up play. They couldn’t really cope.

Shout out to Sinistera too, only seen him in two cameos but it’s enough to know that he should be starting for us. Don’t think Kluivert is outrageously bad or anything but Sinistera is seemingly on a different level. Get him playing behind Dom every week and it could be very exciting.

Also thought our approach was much more enjoyable today, far more direct than it has been and we actually made an effort to play to our strengths such as our pace and power in the forward areas. Would very much like to see that trend continue.

Am I convinced by Iraola? No, not yet. But that was a huge step in the right direction and a couple more like that and I may well be.
I’m sure Iraola will be pleased to hear that he’s making progress…not that I can see him being bothered to read that diatribe.

I’d forgotten what it felt like to have the stadium and the team in seamless unity. Too often it’s been one without the other in the years since Eddie left, and probably in his last couple years as well.

Marvellous energy, the high press worked, everyone snapped into challenges the minute their man got the ball and a complete emphasis on getting forwards. What we’d been waiting to see from our new regime.

Newcastle are blighted with injuries but we were also missing our entire first choice midfield and playing two wide players in central midfield.

Special mentions from me for Lewis Cooks control, Christie’s lung bursting work, the two CB’s having their best games but MOM to Solanke for matching the workrate of others and scoring twice.

Nobody had a poor game really. Question is how can we push on from this and gain confidence before Christmas. Should be very possible if we keep that level of intensity. Great to feel that way leaving a stadium agains

;