AFC Bournemouth v Nottingham Forest - 2 Games To Go

Millwall at home will be just like the Rotherham at home in 87 - I hope Solanke gets #30
Though one difference in the away support expectations, Rotherham had nothing on that game if i remember correctly. Millwall have an outside chance of playoffs

Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere and may have missed it, but thoughts on the Premier League referee last night?

Seem to let a lot go but it kept the game moving.
I was torn to be honest. On the one hand I was annoyed when we weren't getting the free kicks we would normally get for those types of offences but then on the other hand I started thinking "Hmmmm.....I actually prefer it when players are encouraged to stay on their feet and actually play some football".
I'm starting to think that his style of refereeing is the way forward.
Just blow for the really blatant and dangerous stuff, it lets the game flow and renders all of the play acting pointless. It would definitely be for the good of football IMO.

Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere and may have missed it, but thoughts on the Premier League referee last night?

Pretty good and kept the game flowing. However there were 2 or 3 after the ball had gone challenges on Lewis Cook that he spotted, played on but should have gone back later to book their player. Cook was targeted in my view with those deliberate fouls.
Also Steve Cook should have told to get his second lot of treatment off the pitch. Head wound yes but one he had been playing with for 10 minutes and simply needed a new dressing.

Tried to let things go and keep the game going (which is generally a good stance to have) but almost to a fault. Lots of niggle allowed to go on, foul advantages given and not pulled back, which both risked him losing control of the game at times.

To be fair the game was being played at a frenetic pace, tough to keep up with I should imagine.

I understand Forest are upset about the penalty shout first half, it looked a reasonable/plausible (if not exactly stonewall) shout from my far away view, but then saw it was given offside. That's on the linesman rather than the ref.

Pretty good and kept the game flowing. However there were 2 or 3 after the ball had gone challenges on Lewis Cook that he spotted, played on but should have gone back later to book their player. Cook was targeted in my view with those deliberate fouls.
Also Steve Cook should have told to get his second lot of treatment off the pitch. Head wound yes but one he had been playing with for 10 minutes and simply needed a new dressing.

Then stitches at half-time.

Also like to see game played on when it seems there is an advantage, but agree thought once or twice he was going to then show a yellow but ended up with a quiet word with the player/s.

Tried to let things go and keep the game going (which is generally a good stance to have) but almost to a fault. Lots of niggle allowed to go on, foul advantages given and not pulled back, which both risked him losing control of the game at times.

To be fair the game was being played at a frenetic pace, tough to keep up with I should imagine.

I understand Forest are upset about the penalty shout first half, it looked a reasonable/plausible (if not exactly stonewall) shout from my far away view, but then saw it was given offside. That's on the linesman rather than the ref.

That Surridge incident watched later with the recorded view on TV, he wasn’t clear straight on goal and we had at least two players back covering.

Read Forest fans view of it and some said we deserved it on second half dominance and didn’t make a big thing re penalty incident.

Kelly was acting as a captain then and they could have got a late equaliser meaning we needed a point against Millwall.

Imagine Kelly was annoyed after all the hard work and dominance in the second half, he also had a great game in defence.

Certainly did and he's only human. Am sure they both made up after.

Gotta say, still absolutely buzzed this morning. Lots to do today, can't be spending full-time at the keyboard, but it's tempting.

And isn't it nice that we are all on the same wavelength. No b-s, no downers, no sh*t-faced visitors (a couple of decent ones, appreciated), and no mysterious fake-named posters. Luv it.

Gotta say, still absolutely buzzed this morning. Lots to do today, can't be spending full-time at the keyboard, but it's tempting.

And isn't it nice that we are all on the same wavelength. No b-s, no downers, no sh*t-faced visitors (a couple of decent ones, appreciated), and no mysterious fake-named posters. Luv it.
Same wavelength, feels great.
It was also great to be on the same wavelength as some very sensible and friendly Forest fans in the Shed before and after the game. Pleasure to meet and chat with them, genuine supporters.

I was torn to be honest. On the one hand I was annoyed when we weren't getting the free kicks we would normally get for those types of offences but then on the other hand I started thinking "Hmmmm.....I actually prefer it when players are encouraged to stay on their feet and actually play some football".
I'm starting to think that his style of refereeing is the way forward.
Just blow for the really blatant and dangerous stuff, it lets the game flow and renders all of the play acting pointless. It would definitely be for the good of football IMO.
Thought they were pretty good . Let the game flow and dis-encouraged players trying to buy free kicks

;