AFC Bournemouth v Nottingham Forest - Sunday 2 pm

Handled the game very well. Let the game flow particularly in the first half. Maybe some more critical for reasons that I can't fathom. :unsure:
Typically agree with your observations, but not on this one. She let things go in the first 10-15 minutes, then started calling things. Inconsistent on what was a foul, what was a yellow. Refs get plenty of criticism, so hardly because it was "she". The red came out of nowhere, but it was a poor challenge in slow motion and, had she not brought out the red, VAR might have made it anyway.

Dreadful game.

Poor performance, take the point playing that badly.

Playing the ball down the channels can be an effective tactic but you’ve got to mix it up a bit when it’s not working surely?

Their centre half was dealing with those direct passes down the channels comfortably yet we continued to do it.

Zabarnyi was very good, dealt with Awoniyi like a seasoned pro. He was the main positive from today.

Scott at least allowed us to get on the ball when he came on.

Sinisterra looked lively and used the ball well but was often outnumbered and we weren’t supporting him enough.

A lot of our players looked a bit tired and a bit meh.

Tavernier and Semenyo were noticeably poor, both constantly running into crowded areas of the pitch and losing the ball. Do they realise they are allowed to use Smith on the overlap? Not sure why the poor bugger bothers making the runs anymore.

I think we all know that Billing was a very silly boy today, you can commit a professional foul without stamping on an opponents achilles. Why do it?

Ref was fine, not great but not terrible. Not sure what the fuss was about?

forest are an ugly side but we have the manager and players apparently to deal with this type of opposition.

Fells a bit flat after the last two games haven’t brought a win. Fulham feels like an important game to get a win

Dreadful game.

Playing the ball down the channels can be an effective tactic but you’ve got to mix it up a bit when it’s not working surely?

Their centre half was dealing with those direct passes down the channels comfortably yet we continued to do it.

Zabarnyi was very good, dealt with Awoniyi like a seasoned pro. He was the main positive from today.

Sinisterra looked lively and used the ball well but was often outnumbered and we weren’t supporting him enough.

Tavernier and Semenyo were noticeably poor, both constantly running into crowded areas of the pitch and losing the ball. Do they realise they are allowed to use Smith on the overlap? Not sure why the poor bugger bothers making the runs anymore.

I think we all know that Billing was a very silly boy today, you can commit a professional foul without stamping on an opponents achilles. Why do it?

Absolutely spot on with regards to Smith. Same with the ref. Why criticise her?We should be concentrating on our own poor performance.

Only saw the first 20-25 mins so can't really comment on the actual specifics of the game, but loads saying we tired is what I expect playingba team who had 2 extra days to prepare and considering we got back to Bournemoutb at 3am Friday morning.

We had not real time to rest, recuperate and prepare for this game.

Disappointed with that although we did well to keep the point once we went down to ten men.

If there is one thing AI needs to work on with this squad, as mentioned after the West Ham game, it's getting that second goal, putting the game to bed after a lightning start.

It happened again. We had them on the ropes at 1-0, playing at home, but something in the mentality of the players seems to change once we get ahead.
They become sloppy and wasteful, gradually letting the opposition back into the game. We need to learn how to maintain that laser focus and calmness once we get ahead. Just do the same again. Get the second goal. After that, maybe you can start to relax and get a bit sloppy.

We looked by far the better team and playing at home, we should have won this game comfortably, particularly after that perfect start.
Defensively we still look pretty good, we are developing a habit of getting an early goal, so the one thing AI really needs to work on is maintaining our focus and intent once we get ahead.

A point is okay for our season as a whole. Puts us closer to safety. But this team, with the exact same players, should have got all three today. We were wasteful of the opportunity.

We were crying out for a game changer at 80 minutes but unfortunately we currently have none. Maybe the new Turkish forward will be the player to come on and take responsibility for turning these draws into wins ? We need somebody to come on and grab the game by the scruff of the neck, in delicately poised games like these. As it was, no doubting the effort, but it was just more of the same and I never thought we'd get a second goal.

I'm sorry, but Billing needs to play the game of his life when he comes back, otherwise I can see us offloading him in the summer.
He really didn't do much apart from get sent off in this one.
I was expecting him to seize the opportunity and was left feeling disappointed.

Another point towards safety and a clear demonstration of just about the only thing AI needs to work on for us to challenge for Europe next season.

:utc:

Probably one if not the worse game I have seen at Dean Court this season.

Started off fine and we got an early goal.

But what followed was disappointing, the game was bitty, inconsistent refereeing decisions and stop and start, don’t know how many times the referee blew her whistle for ’fouls’, just seen the stats.

A game I would like to forget and probably the referee will to after the reception she received at the end of the game.

Then to top it off Billing did a silly tackle and got a red card.

Stats AFCB 9 shots, 2 on target. Forest 8 shots, 6 on target.

31 fouls in the game.

Started well, Forest worked their way back in, draw prob fair.
Kluivert lucky not to be sent off.
Second game running Dom hasn't had a kick. Dango sent in a couple of lovely crosses when he came on, start him next game.
When our wingers play well we win, when they don't we struggle it seems and they've struggled last two games, heck knows what was said to Brooks to get him to go to Saints could have used him today.

Dreadful game.

Game consisted of fouls fouls and more fouls. kluivert bloody lucky no to get 2yellows and should have.
As above lack of variation in the game resulted in a lot of direct balls

Handled the game very well. Let the game flow particularly in the first half. Maybe some more critical for reasons that I can't fathom. :unsure:

Nope, not at all, genuinely want to see her do well. She’s managed to claw her way to the top despite all the added challenges she has due to being a woman.

But she was awful, started the game letting the game flow and letting some of the more physical stuff go, like a EFL ref does. Then she flipped and started giving those decisions as fouls. She did this for both sides. She struggled to spot pushed and niggly stuff, shirt pulls. Missed them all. It turned into a lottery of what would be given or not given.

Kluivert, she had 3 different occasions to send him off and didn’t, you’d be very mad about that if it had been vice versa.

The Billing sending off was correct.

To compound it all, unless the stadium clock was wrong but she blew up early to avoid any more controversy just incase we scored from the corner.

Also free kicks given for people falling over. We're as guilty as them. I'd love to see a ref not give any of them and book the falling player.
I don't think the ref was poor. She tried to keep the game going and was very lenient with the cards. As others have said Kluivert should have had a second yellow.

The outrage and abuse following the red was pathetic and uncalled for. Billing deserved the red.

;