AFC Bournemouth v Sheffield United

That’s extraordinary. I thought we had won every game we played with an orgy of attacking football until Parker arrived. Thanks for clearing that up Rob. I wonder if there were any other games in our pre Scott history where we didn’t win by four clear goals or more?

Not only that, but we were creating at least 40 chances a game, smashing the woodwork left, right and centre, off the line clearances etc.

Free flowing football similar to Brazil of previous generations.

Not only that, but we were creating at least 40 chances a game, smashing the woodwork left, right and centre, off the line clearances etc.

Free flowing football similar to Brazil of previous generations.
Yes I remember the Benson team ripping apart the league

@Old Cherry already has his picked out for his South West Peninsular League fixture - Liskeard Athletic v Torpoint Athletic I think?

View attachment 6455
Haha..yeah...its my intention to attend this local cup game...my missus has other ideas as the Covid figures have shot up here quite drastically this week.. and one of our granddaughters is suffering badly with it( contrary to the w@nkers that say kids don't get it )....its 50/50 whether I get there.!

That’s extraordinary. I thought we had won every game we played with an orgy of attacking football until Parker arrived. Thanks for clearing that up Rob. I wonder if there were any other games in our pre Scott history where we didn’t win by four clear goals or more?
Neil, my life has been scarred by them!

Should be a good tense match.

We need to watch out for Billy Sharpe obviously (what a pro he is for them); Gibbs White (what a talent) and Egan (What a threat from set pieces).

Want to see us being more creative with set pieces and for Lerma, Kelly and Cahill to fight for those headers and rebounds the way Nathan Ake used to for us. Want us to get and score a pen too. About time... Force those fouls if they are hard to break down.

Should be a good tense match.

We need to watch out for Billy Sharpe obviously (what a pro he is for them); Gibbs White (what a talent) and Egan (What a threat from set pieces).

Want to see us being more creative with set pieces and for Lerma, Kelly and Cahill to fight for those headers and rebounds the way Nathan Ake used to for us. Want us to get and score a pen too. About time... Force those fouls if they are hard to break down.

Are you Sharp's, Gibbs White & Egan's agent?

Yeah, agree on the Barnet game . People all around me were getting up to leave so early in the game but it was so bad that in a way I couldn't take my eyes of it. I was so close to walking away for good after that but it was worth sticking around for what happened next.
Mind you, I wasn't around for the Benson era so don't know if it was better or worse than Quinns time with us.

Yep! I remember a 0-6 at Peterborough and a difficult trip to Cambridge to be 3-0 down early on! I think the 0-2 at home to Barnet that did for Quinn, who were quite possibly the worst professional team I’ve ever seen was the low point.
That Barnet game nearly finished me off.........came out of that game and said to my two lads......I'm never coming again while Quinn is manager......they said yeah we've heard it all before....... but I stuck to my guns ;)

Yeah, agree on the Barnet game . People all around me were getting up to leave so early in the game but it was so bad that in a way I couldn't take my eyes of it. I was so close to walking away for good after that but it was worth sticking around for what happened next.
Mind you, I wasn't around for the Benson era so don't know if it was better or worse than Quinns time with us.

I felt exactly the same way - I sat in my dads seat in the main stand for that game and it was so utterly despairing that I thought “ that’s it for me “
Barnet could barely string two passes together all game yet won 2-0 .
The most depressing time , the whole feel around the ground was just awful .

But daft sods that we are stuck with it ….and the rest is history .

;