AFC Bournemouth v Sheffield United

So if we win and Fulham don't we'll have a three point lead at the top if my maths are any good! Now the only unbeaten team in our league. Worried? A bit I must confess.
:utc::utc::utc:

I have just realised that I was at the only game we have won against them - 0-1 - 15th August 1987 at Bramall Lane - first game in Division 2?
Old enough to be there too! What a day.

Missing today as I’m at a wedding in Brighton. Nice hotel but someone has carved “Sir Keir woz ere “ into the bedroom desk ;-)

Will miss the Riverside Rocket Zoom catch up too.

For those who were not able to travel, yet to be born, etc. the tingly, excited, after-match feeling supporters had travelling home was akin to that after the 4-3 win at West Ham.
My favourite ever game, due to what it meant, as well as being the proverbial 7 goal thriller.

I didn't go to Sheff Utd, but I remember going mental when Brooks scored listening to solent from 90 miles away, which always got worse as the afternoon went on, being out of the area!

I think it's going to be a dig in and battle kind of game. Parker will probably go for the defensive CM duo, drop Brooks and play Christie on the right. I think Anthony will be back in the starting lineup. We're going to need to show some bottle today and be prepared to roll our sleeves up and get at them. The weather isn't going to help. Hopefully the chances that come Dom's way today will be the ones where he doesn't have to think about them.

Old enough to be there too! What a day.

Missing today as I’m at a wedding in Brighton. Nice hotel but someone has carved “Sir Keir woz ere “ into the bedroom desk ;-)

Will miss the Riverside Rocket Zoom catch up too.
Obviously learnt well from his dad...and had the appropriate tool with him

It feels like a real opportunity today to lay a claim to being one of the ‘fancied’ teams.
A win and we could possibly be 3 points clear which would be some achievement I would say.

Suspect the Blades will be well up for this one so we need to match them in that department and if we manage that I can see a favourable outcome.

Anthony/Zemura doing what they do best, Lerma and Pearson on full duty,
Cahill and Kelly keeping it air tight.

:utc::utc::utc:

Here's a bygone 0-0 V the Blades that would have @Topfarrier going crazy. ;-)

Enjoyed this little trip down memory lane. That was the first decent AFCB team I saw as a supporters so have a soft spot for all those players. I remember standing in the South End looking across the car park at the Blades fans streaming towards the ground and being in awe of how many they had brought so am quite surprised to see how empty the Brighton Beach End looked!

;