AFC Bournemouth v Sheffield United

On Radio 2 just now, someone’s five word weekend was “nephew making Premier League debut”. Gabby Roslin, the presenter, went on to clarify it referred to Max Kinsey at Bournemouth.

He’s been on the bench recently so perhaps there is something in it.

On Radio 2 just now, someone’s five word weekend was “nephew making Premier League debut”. Gabby Roslin, the presenter, went on to clarify it referred to Max Kinsey at Bournemouth.

He’s been on the bench recently so perhaps there is something in it.
Interesting. Being old, I listen to Radio 2, but missed that.

Although, I thought AI was renowned for only letting the players know who was playing shortly before ko.

With Dom still managing his knee problem, I would like to see us start fast, get a two goal lead and then rest Dom and bring on Ünal at the earliest opportunity.
If he then goes on to score his first PL goal, it will have been a perfect day.
Three points, Dom rested and Ünal's confidence and self-belief boosted !

Of course it may not happen like that, but that would be lovely !
:utc:
I'm sure that our lads will give it their all, as usual these days.

I used to look at this type of a game as a banana skin but I think the way we have progressed this season and the dire form that Sheff U are in then we shouldn't have anything to worry about. Even conceding so much possession to Burnley didn't damage us , although a better team would have taken some of the chances we allowed them. I expect plenty of vigour from them and some tasty challenges but not a great deal of quality. I'd like to see us at them from the start and with a run of four home games improve on our home points gained. Hopefully not jinxing it but 2 or 3 nil to us.

I
Tickets on sale in one minute.

A limited number of returned tickets are available for AFC Bournemouth’s fixture against Sheffield United on Saturday.

I had a look out of interest.
The block in the main stand near the Ted Shed that used to be families had around a hundred or so available. I suppose they are unsold hospitality seats. So they release them as normal Match day tickets.

Reactions: DJ
Listening to some of Chris Wilder’s press conference just now and it seems they have a couple of doubts from the side that played Arsenal.

Ben Brereton will be back for them tomorrow, so one to keep an eye on.

Our manager on injuries.

He said: “Dom is in a similar position to this past week.

“He hasn’t trained fully with the team, we are trying to put him in the best positions to play tomorrow.

“Hopefully he’ll train normally this evening with his feelings we will take the decision much like we did last week.

“He’s been playing through pain, sometimes its better, sometimes it’s worse. We’re trying to manage it with these two games we have, we don’t want to put too much training on him.

We have to be careful against Sheff Utd. They will be looking for a reaction after their Arsenal debacle. Secondly, teams who realise they are down tend to play with freedom as the pressure is off them. We must be aware and be professional.
Yes , a feeling of foreboding with this one - 30-odd years of supporting AFCB tells me we always struggle in the games where we play a team on a really bad run …..
Though obviously we did ok at Burnley!
Perhaps we are more resilient and determined now …..
UTCIAD.

Lets remember they drew at Brighton. Nice stress free win please.

Can't take anything for granted - after laughing at Hudd in 88 losing 10-1 to City - who then beat us 2-0 at DC in their next match.
Bleedy hill we were awful in that game !

Our manager on injuries.

He said: “Dom is in a similar position to this past week.

“He hasn’t trained fully with the team, we are trying to put him in the best positions to play tomorrow.

“Hopefully he’ll train normally this evening with his feelings we will take the decision much like we did last week.

“He’s been playing through pain, sometimes its better, sometimes it’s worse. We’re trying to manage it with these two games we have, we don’t want to put too much training on him.

If he's not 100%, why not start Enes?

;