AFC Bournemouth v Sheffield United

Went to Asda at the train station after the game. There was indeed a lot of 10 packs of Stella getting purchased for the long train journey home.

Had a laugh with some of them. Decent fans overall.

Tbf the few I spoke to after the game were decent lads.

Not happy with how our fans reacted...

Although they are spot on about this...

"Fanbase full of geography teachers who’d all be following rugby union if Bournemouth hadnt been bankrolled into the Premier League.

Probably all sat at home now waiting for their ugly wives to come home and peg them when they get back from their latest Greenpeace meeting."
Boo hoo.

I can understand why they'd be bitter, being massive and all chat.

The simple fact is neither of them know how to kick a ball correctly. They all believe the side of the foot is the answer because they have been kicking a ball that way since 4 years of age. Hit and hope is their thinking. There are exceptions of course. You will find them in the top three teams in the Prem.
It annoys when I see players not get their head over the ball when they strike from distance - too many lean back with head up and guess where the ball ends up!

Am I the only one who hasn’t a clue what a ‘double defensive pivot’ is?

A double pivot is a system where you have two defensive midfielders that sit in front of the defence. I added the word “defensive” because Cook and Christie aren’t exactly attacking masterminds.

Boo hoo.

I can understand why they'd be bitter, being massive and all chat.

I recall the pitchie when we played them back in the 80's. They all poured on at the end of one game being so massive an all that.

Us Geography teachers at the South end contemplated the situation, pipes, corduroy trousers and all. Day off from the rugger obviously but netherless decided we weren't standing for a load of blokes in donkey jackets invading the hallowed turf. The missus was at Greenham common with the smellies in a tent so I had a weekend leave pass.

So on we went and chased them back to the Brighton beach end. Laughingly they actually ran away.

Anyway they're obviously made from sterner stuff so regrouped and chased us back. We re grouped and so it continued back and forth. The daft thing I don't think any punches were thrown.

It was like the North meeting the South in some kind of weird love ritual where we chased each other and danced around in the middle for a while.

Having had some time to think on it feels like another case of bad luck and the inability to finish cost us again today, if Dom doesn't slip for his pen I think Sheffield would have been absolutely shot of confidence and it would have been a very easy afternoon.

Having said that still a bit worried that playing well but not getting results has become a pattern since Christmas. Is this a case of Andonis tactics being figured out and while being exciting to watch, becoming ineffective at winning games at this level?

Both goals today came from corners, we are really struggling to score from open play at the moment

Dom hasn't really looked sharp at all recently.

Maybe start with Unal on Wednesday and use Dom as the sub.

It is exciting to have them both and we've needed a decent back up for a long time.

Seems like when they're on the pitch together they both seem to go for the ball at the same time.

Both obviously trying to score, but they need to form a partnership that pulls defences apart rather than both going for the same ball.

Hopefully with time it will develop,but if Solanke is off in the summer, we need to start playing to Unals strengths.

I recall the pitchie when we played them back in the 80's. They all poured on at the end of one game being so massive an all that.

Us Geography teachers at the South end contemplated the situation, pipes, corduroy trousers and all. Day off from the rugger obviously but netherless decided we weren't standing for a load of blokes in donkey jackets invading the hallowed turf. The missus was at Greenham common with the smellies in a tent so I had a weekend leave pass.

So on we went and chased them back to the Brighton beach end. Laughingly they actually ran away.

Anyway they're obviously made from sterner stuff so regrouped and chased us back. We re grouped and so it continued back and forth. The daft thing I don't think any punches were thrown.

It was like the North meeting the South in some kind of weird love ritual where we chased each other and danced around in the middle for a while.

Sounds like Morris dancing.

Not sure we are quite as good as the Forum thinks we are.....
...it seems at the present time Andoni is getting 'found out' ...
...whereas O'Neil for example, that guy at Wolves, is finding out that he can manipulate opposition teams and managers reasonably easy and with flair if he chooses to.....people thought he was just a jumped up average 'coach'.

This is straight out of my proverbial 'straight talk' opus...which you understand is not laid out in any written form, as is usual, it's just memorised and plucked out when needed .... there are No Rules...you just strike it down and let it roll ..anyone can do it...requires little skill..just a fearless random thought projection into a keyboard or phone pad ....ju know whut ah mean mush ?
Now then the plural of opus is opera ...' spose you could incorrectly say opuses....but I like Opera which is correct and which sounds better to describe my overall showdown on the lowdown.
I couldn't be @rsed with MOtD earlier..fed up with it tbh..load of very basic claptrap. ..blathering a load of vacuous twaddle.
Nothing more annoying than a garrulous numpty or two on a Saturday night wash -up !

It was a weird one today, expected to win, could've, should've won, came back from 2 down, didn't lose but I still can't shake the "I expected to win feeling".

I'm not one for "digging players out", so I won't start now and I know if Tavs' or Neto start on Wednesday all I can do is get behind them. Tavernier appears to be getting a lot of coaching from Andoni, between toss up and kick off last week he was called over for extra instuctions. I don't/won't pretend to be uber tactically aware but I feel he's being asked to "do a job" by Andoni and he's trying his hardest. The trouble is, it's affecting his natural game and he's trying hard to keep that going. At the mo' he's probably not doing either to the best of his ability. Something will happen and it will either be good for him, Andoni and us or it won't. One thing I won't be doing is giving him pelters for trying his best : )
Neto last week kept us in the match and we won : )

In the time Andoni's been here he transformed our style of play, it's still only 3/4 of a season. My feeling is, he's turned us around almost 180 degrees. A lot of us are very cheerful about getting back to playing matches with the intent to out score the opposition. He's done most of it but we need confidence and belief, as a team, with our finishing off the chances our play creates : )

It hasn't happened often before but we know we're safe in the Premier League next season even with a 1/4 of it to go. We're a mid table Premier League team, we have our flaws because, at the moment, we're lower mid table. Sort out the fannying around in the box and we will be upper mid table : )

Over all, I'm enjoying our football more than last season and being disappointed with drawing, coming back from 0-2, is something I'll have to live with. Onwards and upwards : )

Not sure we are quite as good as the Forum thinks we are.....
...it seems at the present time Andoni is getting 'found out' ...
...whereas O'Neil for example, that guy at Wolves, is finding out that he can manipulate opposition teams and managers reasonably easy and with flair if he chooses to.....people thought he was just a jumped up average 'coach'.

This is straight out of my proverbial 'straight talk' opus...which you understand is not laid out in any written form, as is usual, it's just memorised and plucked out when needed .... there are No Rules...you just strike it down and let it roll ..anyone can do it...requires little skill..just a fearless random thought projection into a keyboard or phone pad ....ju know whut ah mean mush ?
Now then the plural of opus is opera ...' spose you could incorrectly say opuses....but I like Opera which is correct and which sounds better to describe my overall showdown on the lowdown.
I couldn't be @rsed with MOtD earlier..fed up with it tbh..load of very basic claptrap. ..blathering a load of vacuous twaddle.
Nothing more annoying than a garrulous numpty or two on a Saturday night wash -up !
Andoni certainly isn't getting found out.

He's got a whole pile of players who can strike at the goal 30 times in a game, who couldn't hit a cows ass with a banjo.

Let's observe Wolves upcoming results in the next few games now they've lost Neto to injury.

Ariolas ceiling is much higher than O'Neil.

Enlighten us to when it was first used.

Again, it’s really not some fancy term used by wannabe football masterminds. It’s literally just a player that “pivots” between attack and defence, and there’s two of them. “Double pivot”. I have no idea when it was first used, but with the power of my smartphone, it’s an idea that’s been around since the 20s. You’re clearly just making fun, but here’s some articles if you’re actually interested at all!:
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/football-tactics-double-pivot-midfield

Again, it’s really not some fancy term used by wannabe football masterminds. It’s literally just a player that “pivots” between attack and defence, and there’s two of them. “Double pivot”. I have no idea when it was first used, but with the power of my smartphone, it’s an idea that’s been around since the 20s. You’re clearly just making fun, but here’s some articles if you’re actually interested at all!:
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/football-tactics-double-pivot-midfield

I guess the answer is this century.

;