AFC Bournemouth v Southampton

We were playing ok and it was a bad ball from the back and then a break. We can say it is the formation but it’s hard not to see past us shooting ourselves in the foot. But Leicester was a week ago and lightening (Solanke) has been known to strike twice

Exactly this - only two decent attacking performances in recent months (Man City and 2nd half v Leicester) we had 5 in midfield

Changing back to the same old line up for this is just madness
He always reverts back to it when possible, it just doesn’t work. People who are lauding the performance, the work rate has been okay but we’ve had zero shots against an average defence. Do you really think this is as good as we can play?

Not a bad showing so far but same old, same old problem - complete lack of midfield craft. Surely Brooks is not a winger but needs to come infield. Push Brooks or H Wilson behind the forwards, otherwise it's all played too far from the Southampton goal. This is getting hairy ...

We were playing ok and it was a bad ball from the back and then a break. We can say it is the formation but it’s hard not to see past us shooting ourselves in the foot. But Leicester was a week ago and lightening (Solanke) has been known to strike twice
The thing is we always look very vulnerable in the possession turnover in this system, with the extra body ie against Leicester we look more comfortable getting back into shape.

Lol when we played shite after the restart playing 433 no one mentioned the formation......we have a decent half against Southampton playing 4411 but concede what was in fairness a decent goal and Minty's love child can't wait to blame Eddie's tactics!!! :slap:......we've looked dangerous.....just need a bit of luck in the box and this game is still there for us.......

He always reverts back to it when possible, it just doesn’t work. People who are lauding the performance, the work rate has been okay but we’ve had zero shots against an average defence. Do you really think this is as good as we can play?
Kelly had a shot on goal. Why did that not count?

I do wonder why it is....the majority of us on here feel that both Harry Wilson and also Brooks, would work best as a number ten behind a striker or two....yet Eddie nearly always plays them as wide midfielders? Its one thing that has annoyed me all season. Just not sure why a formation that looked promising in the second half against Leicester and for most of the Man City game, was abandoned again today.

I can’t remember us winning a game with Billing and Lerma as a midfield 2 since that opening month of the season, do you think this is a coincidence?

Out of the mouths of babes etc. but my missus, just walking in to a short piece of play comes out with ‘but they’ve got a lot more players than you’
It does seem like that at times though.

;