AFC Bournemouth v Southampton

I'm actually feeling very relaxed about this one, I think it should be a straightforward win for us. I think if we can avoid the hype of this being a "derby" and just go out and play it like any other game, I would expect us to beat them, especially at home.
I know we have form for bringing teams into form but I do feel as though if we stay calm we've got this one in the bag. Fingers crossed and looking forward to it. Just no derby hype pre-match please, that could work against us !

When we've tried to attack teams that are vulnerable at the back, we've actually looked half decent. Saints would probably take a point now if you offered it to them. Therefore, the onus might be on us to try and take the game to them.

There's a % play in sitting back all the time. It won't work forever as lapses of concentration will creep in here and there. We've done well so far and picked up some good points. However, I hope this is the match that GO sees as an opportunity to attack, and go after them. Put them on the back foot and show there's more to us, and his style, than soaking up pressure and playing on the break.

The unbeaten run is impressive but it's the kind of football that will quickly see our crowd turn toxic if he goes on a losing streak. All is (mostly) fine whilst we get the results but a lack of ambition and no points and people will turn.

Against a team low on confidence, at home and with a squad on a roll, he couldn't ask for a better opportunity to show he has the tactics to take games by the scruff of the neck, and not just squeeze the life out of them.

I understand the approach he has taken, but if he wants to be seriously considered as a long term managerial candidate he needs to take the opportunity to show that side of his managerial game as well. Otherwise we'll be in for a pretty tortuous managerial spell in the PL and he'd be the wrong man to try and get us up should we go down.

I sincerely hope that Mind the Gap chant is consigned to history. It is embarressing.
Second only to the awful chant at St Faries back in League 1 “ we’ve got more points than you “
As they then beat us and went up .

;