AFC Bournemouth v Spurs - Saturday 12.30 pm

Unfortunately, and I stress unfortunately, I can see us slipping up again. This is due to having injuries to key players i.e. Cook, Ouattara (Django), Scott, Adams, Tavernier and Smith. Again, unfortunately, you don't win football matches with key players sat in the main stand.

However, I would love to be proved wrong.
Cut and paste

Unfortunately, and I stress unfortunately, I can see us slipping up again. This is due to having injuries to key players i.e. Cook, Ouattara (Django), Scott, Adams, Tavernier and Smith. Again, unfortunately, you don't win football matches with key players sat in the main stand.

Never mind Minty....if we lose we lose... ..oh and only one of the players you mentioned can be classed as a key player.

The reality of football is we will sometimes lose games with all of our best players on the pitch and playing the game or their lives. Sometimes we will win with an incomplete bench, out of favour players on the pitch playing terribly.

That’s just the realism of football.

Scratch a bit deeper and there might be a debate over tactics or team selection to be had, maybe long term recruitment policy.

What a great day that would be.

The reality of football is we will sometimes lose games with all of our best players on the pitch and playing the game or their lives. Sometimes we will win with an incomplete bench, out of favour players on the pitch playing terribly.

That’s just the realism of football.

Scratch a bit deeper and there might be a debate over tactics or team selection to be had, maybe long term recruitment policy.

What a great day that would be.
Yes, I can see the reality and realism of that. I guess that’s why we all need to get real.

Why do you feel you need to make the same (lame) point over and over again? We get it !! Don't you have any other points to make?...No?..thought not !! Your just a one trick pony, with one very dull trick. Yawn !!
With respect, I am pleased that you 'get it'. Unfortunately, there are many folks who don't. i.e. there are many who believe that we will get results with a patched up team. In 99% of cases you don't.

I think we will beat Spurs.

But if not we have to deal with it.

Some of us are better at that than others.

Picking out specific players for criticism is not a particularly good way to go about it. Team game.

Last edited:

They have plenty missing too. By your logic we will both lose !

I haven't seen any training videos or photos this week, at least not on the official website, or official twitter.

Bloody hell fella, bet you’re a blast at parties..you make Morrissey seem positive..

With a bit of luck as I mentioned in the preview, hopefully we will have an entertaining and attacking game from both sides.

Watched Spurs v United, the new Spurs manager likes to play football like our new manager.

So win, draw or lose, as long as we have a good game, I for one will be happy.

Last edited:
SSN

Tottenham are readying a bid for Nottingham Forest's Brennan Johnson, according to the Daily Mail.

Forest reportedly value the Wales forward, who is attracting interest from Chelsea and West Ham, at £50m.

Johnson's preference, the report says, is to move to Spurs.

Brentford have seen bids worth more than £35m rejected for the 22-year-old in this window.

I have a quibble on the write-up, even though I appreciate it (as always): Kulusevski is entering his third season with Spurs. He is not a new signing. They will be counting on him for more scoring now in Kane's absence.

When asked when he feels Smith could return to action, head coach Iraola told the Daily Echo: “It is different cases, but in my head right now, we have the national team break as a good moment where we could recover some of the players we have out.

“Especially Tavernier, Adam Smith and Lewis Cook. Dango will be hard I think, but we’ll try with him also.

“But it is still more than two weeks until the break. It could be a good moment to recover, but still we have three games to play.”

Last edited:
Should be entertaining match (tbf v Spurs our games usually are)

I reckon we can win this by the odd goal…one scored by Neto maybe?)

Bloody hell fella, bet you’re a blast at parties..you make Morrissey seem positive..
With respect its not about being positive. It is more to do with facing the reality of our predicament. The Ohec has now reported that AI has stated that none of the key players will make a return until after the international break. In the meantime we will continue to lose football matches and continue to drop points. The bottom three League positions are creeping up on us.

They have plenty missing too. By your logic we will both lose !
They may have plenty missing but they have more quality than us and have more seasoned and experienced PL players. One mistake against Spurs and it will see us a goal down. We do not currently have the players up front to unlock defences and hurt the opposition.

;