AFC Bournemouth v Spurs

All I hope is that Eddie keeps Gosling in the team, he may not be the most talented player but he never gives up, I remember one time last night when he tracked for half the pitch with one of the spurs players and eventually got a foot in and the danger was gone. He certainly gives his all
Needs him or Ake as captain

Is it me or did Josh get get a little shove in the back before he handballs Callum's disallowed goal ? Karma maybe for his ram raid on Kane.

All I hope is that Eddie keeps Gosling in the team, he may not be the most talented player but he never gives up, I remember one time last night when he tracked for half the pitch with one of the spurs players and eventually got a foot in and the danger was gone. He certainly gives his all
Agreed....watching Liverpool play Aston Villa and a few times Villa had a breakout and there’s Salah running as hard and fast as he can sprinting to get back and play defense. In hockey they call it back checking and Salah, regardless of his superstar status, hustled his a$$ off. Love seeing that from anyone but especially from the stars.

I wasn't able to watch yesterday during the actual match, but I was able to see a recording. My thoughts:

a) Rico had a poor game, for him. He was one of my favourite signings, and I think people focus on what he can't do rather than what he can (like, he's kind of slow afoot). He still had a couple of telling interventions, but he's had much better performances.

b) Gosling had a great game. Impressive work-rate, and I think he makes Lerma a better player. When Lerma got his yellow, Gosling was standing nearby and pointed at his (Gosling's) head, like he was saying 'piensa, hombre'.

c) Callum Wilson looked better with King than as a lone striker. Why we can see this and EH can't does make me wonder.

d) Kelly continues to impress. He's got good anticipation.

e) Stacey shouldn't take throw-ins. He did a really poor job with two right at the end of the match.

f) I think we're going to regret not winning this one. The three points were there for the taking, for whatever reason, and I suppose one could say it was bad luck that a couple of arms got in the way of a 2-0 win for our lads.

c) Callum Wilson looked better with King than as a lone striker. Why we can see this and EH can't does make me wonder.
If Callum Wilson played for virtually any other club in the PL, he would be played as a lone striker too and told to get on with it. Given Eddie is one of the rare breed who plays 2 strikers still, I’m not sure what the criticism of Eddie about. Ultimately, if Wilson isn’t good enough to play as a lone striker, he has no right to play in the PL, let alone have aspirations of moving to a bigger club or for England.

Anyone else think that Pen call for Kane looked right to them?

He stops his run to block King and give Vertonhen a free header then takes a tumble because he's not strong enough. Watch him open his body as the ball comes across to clear a channel.

If Callum Wilson played for virtually any other club in the PL, he would be played as a lone striker too and told to get on with it. Given Eddie is one of the rare breed who plays 2 strikers still, I’m not sure what the criticism of Eddie about. Ultimately, if Wilson isn’t good enough to play as a lone striker, he has no right to play in the PL, let alone have aspirations of moving to a bigger club or for England.

You're contradicting yourself. You first acknowledge that he's being played as a lone striker, then say that Howe plays two strikers. Which is it?

You are aware that managers don’t play the same tactics every game...

Yes thanks but that has no relevance to the central point in Mr Dashwood's post or your response.

Mr D was correct when he said that Wilson's style of play is not suited to the role of lone striker yet that is where the manager has played him for the majority of games in the second half of the season.
On Thursday for the first time in months we saw King play closer to Wilson in a more central role and the improvement was obvious.

Your response that Wilson would be expected to play as a lone striker by 'virtually any other club in the PL' is nonsense.

Yes thanks but that has no relevance to the central point in Mr Dashwood's post or your response.

Mr D was correct when he said that Wilson's style of play is not suited to the role of lone striker yet that is where the manager has played him for the majority of games in the second half of the season.
On Thursday for the first time in months we saw King play closer to Wilson in a more central role and the improvement was obvious.

Your response that Wilson would be expected to play as a lone striker by 'virtually any other club in the PL' is nonsense.
I also said England too. If you watch football, very few clubs play a traditional front 2. He might get in a Burnley side in a front 2 but not many others. If he wants to earn a big move, he’s going to have to prove he is capable playing as a lone striker

;