AFC Bournemouth v Stoke City - League Cup Third Round

This for me is how the potential growth of AFCB support should be considered. We had similar situations over recent seasons where we sold out home support for mid-week League Cup games against lower league opposition (MK Dons, Forest Green Rovers, Blackburn). DC was full of new faces, particularly youngsters, who have over many years found it impossible to get tickets for league games. Foley and his guard dog Frevola would do well to take this into consideration for whatever their 'new stadium algorithms' are showing. The current go/no-go decisions on a new stadium potentially based on £18 tickets sold for mid-summer friendlies or £139 tickets sold for a seat in a temporary stand with a cheese burger included, are so far from reality it's embarrassing.
I'm not a business man my friend, and I no nothing about growing a business.
I honestly think we're closer to a bigger stadium with these guys than we've ever been. They will get some things right, and some things wrong, but hopefully our beloved club will be in a better place (new stadium) at the end without too many long standing fans being royally pi$$ed off.

Have you never interviewed candidates you have no intention of employing in order to find out what your competitors are up to? Not all interviews are what they seem.
Yes but I didn’t let a caretaker manager wave goodbye and go to get one of them in then have to go back with my tail between my legs and pretend I always wanted him.

There's some serious willy waving going on now.

I interviewed a guy with no intention of employing them...what the fook is that all about?

You then go on to do exactly the same…

We just have a different opinion buddy.

I don't fill in the blanks and come up with unprovable theories to blame everything on two blokes I don't like. I've no reason to slag the club off as long as we are doing well, which we are and have been for a long time.

Blake and Hughes may not be very good but I think two things are clear....

1. They are demonstrably not as crap as you say they are. They would have been sacked by now.

2. If they fail in future, as you appear convinced they will do, Foley will sack them.

I don't fill in the blanks and come up with unprovable theories to blame everything on two blokes I don't like. I've no reason to slag the club off as long as we are doing well, which we are and have been for a long time.

Blake and Hughes may not be very good but I think two things are clear....

1. They are demonstrably not as crap as you say they are. They would have been sacked by now.

2. If they fail in future, as you appear convinced they will do, Foley will sack them.
Too much is made of what i say. Theories? Fuck me it’s a fans forum I’m not preparing a dissertation. I don’t think we’ve had a coherent strategy and I don’t think we’ve spent our money in the right places. That’s just my opinion watching us. I’m a bloke down a pub. I’m not an expert and don’t claim to be. I don’t have an issue with people who think otherwise or follow them around the forum ‘holding them to account’.

I know you don’t agree and I really couldn’t give a toss. It’s your opinion so equally valid.

Too much is made of what i say. Theories? Fuck me it’s a fans forum I’m not preparing a dissertation. I don’t think we’ve had a coherent strategy and I don’t think we’ve spent our money in the right places. That’s just my opinion watching us. I’m a bloke down a pub. I’m not an expert and don’t claim to be. I don’t have an issue with people who think otherwise or follow them around the forum ‘holding them to account’.

I know you don’t agree and I really couldn’t give a toss. It’s your opinion so equally valid.

You repeat it over and over again on almost every thread. Everything is related to the same theme. They would ban you from the pub if you carried on like that.

I reckon Jim F's gagging for the CEO post.

I see the Villa CEO has stepped down, his CV included a Jim style role with Chelsea previously " Head of Global Commercial Activities"

Top post !

Nothing about Football now...or Soccer as we have it in Boscombe now... in this age..in this league especially... is worth walking down any heartbreak lane ..or sobbing a lake over...that's for damn sure !

We went to both, but I seem to remember some games more than others.
Bizarrely, I can remember the Baggies game because when they equalised, they started the boing boing, then we went down the other end and scored, and the boing boing stopped. It cracked us both up.

Not as weird as that league match in the late 80's/early 90's when they had Bobby Gould in charge - we were beating them 2-0, they got one in injury time and there was nothing from a packed BB End.

Never seen that before -not even any ironic cheering.

;