AFC Bournemouth v Watford

In listening to EH I think we are playing a lot of injured players.

I think at the end of the day we got Simpson, Mepham, billing (Didn’t need this type of player) to shore up our defense. EH thinking was if we concede a few less we are a top 10 team.

Not counting on brooks being hurt and Wilson and Fraser dropping off so much.

I feel that’s how we got here.

i would say that this extraordinary situation with so many players becoming injured appears to be a symptom manifested when players subconsciously know that disaster is looming and decide that they do not want to play a part of the massacre. Similar to shooting oneself in the foot, psychologically the players have been turned off wanting to be a part of this club. I thought I would never say it, but I really do think Eddie must also take some time away and let a new fresh approach takeover.

RE the Injuries - it looks like both the players and the club have given up.

Eddie mentioned it in his post match saying it wasn't an excuse whilst using it as an excuse.

With our injury list and EH saying even some of the players on the pitch are also not 100%, then by not strengthening it's suggesting the club have also given up.

I get we are a team that play out from the back but **************** me why are we playing soft passes around the box just get it to ****************! Shoot ourselves in the foot constantly same happened against West Ham we start far too deep. Midfield was non existent. Something has to change regarding the shape and some personnel. Felt bad for travers in what was playing in front of him. Ake clearly wasn’t fit, Lerma has been far off the boil for how long now. Smith did OK. Massive changes required now, this is a proper relegation battle we have here. Time to start paying out or get put out the league.

Putting Travers in was also a huge mistake. Let's face it, he lost the game for us. We needed Boruc to steady the ship, given that any first goal against us was always going to be huge trouble given our shaky emotional state.

Putting Travers in was also a huge mistake. Let's face it, he lost the game for us. We needed Boruc to steady the ship, given that any first goal against us was always going to be huge trouble given our shaky emotional state.
Surely u aren’t blaming him for that performance, could sense the team that was going to win after 10 minutes and were lucky he kept the score down.

In listening to EH I think we are playing a lot of injured players.

I think at the end of the day we got Simpson, Mepham, billing (Didn’t need this type of player) to shore up our defense. EH thinking was if we concede a few less we are a top 10 team.

Not counting on brooks being hurt and Wilson and Fraser dropping off so much.

I feel that’s how we got here.
Poor performances happened at the end of last season, injuries dont excuse them completely.

Absolute tosh...we lost because Watford are capable of pressing and hassling as a matter of course, whereas we stopped doing it after 25 minutes, then bust a gut to do it in injury time when the game was already lost. . And they, unlike us, know that to score a goal the ball needs to be reasonably close to the opposition's goalmouth...
Our downward spiral has been caused by many things, including for well over a year a reluctance to use our pacy players properly, and always trying to "pass the perfect goal".
I'm already lookng forward to EH "rebooting" the team in the Champioship, the PL is not very entertaining for most of us who go week in, week out, home and away.
As a supporter I want something to shout about, not someone to shout at.

If the players have given up unfortunately that means they’ve given up on EH. If EH has lost the locker room there’s really nothing else that can be done other than.....

1. Accept relegation and bring in new players whilst keeping EH.

2. Sack EH now, bring in a new manager and, hope the players respond to a new voice all the while staying up.

Needless to say it’s a sad state of affairs.

That was really depressing to watch.

It is the first time I have left Dean Court for as long as I can remember before the final whistle when that third goal went in.

You would have thought the game had ended with the numbers coming out of the ground from different areas.

They say you learn from your mistakes in life, well our players when messing around in defence and not clearing the ball certainly haven’t.

Up to that point we had contained any threat pretty well and a goal five minutes before half-time gives the opposition a lift and possibly put doubt into our players mind after recent poor results and performances in the PL.

Any lift that the Luton win gave was not showing today and there seemed a lack of fighting spirit in the side that we have had in the past.

Their third goal summed it up for me in the determination to make sure the ball ended up in the net even though they had won the game already.

Maybe we should try and get away from playing from the back and get back to the attacking style of football that got us promoted and was criticised by some pundits saying it won’t work in the PL.

Well one thing is for sure what we are dishing up at the moment is not doing us any favours.

The old saying if it works don’t try to fix it.

If the players have given up unfortunately that means they’ve given up on EH. If EH has lost the locker room there’s really nothing else that can be done other than.....

2. Sack EH now, bring in a new manager and, hope the players respond to a new voice all the while staying up.

Agreed. I vote option 2

Players give up because they choose to do so. Therefore if they have given up because of Eddie, then that is choice that they alone have made.

There is no locker room. Therefore it can't be lost.

Why accept relegation when there is so much of the season left?

Who is going to be that replacement for Eddie that will keep us up?

Yes, it's sad tonight. But so are all defeats and you take the rough with the smooth.

;