AFC Bournemouth v Watford

Cant believe people saying not going to watch/listen , what's the point of calling yourself a fan......things aren't good at the moment, but as they say it's the hope that kills you......while everything is mathematically possible I go into every game with hope, and say to myself this time ,this time......its hard to watch at times, but you take the good with the bad, otherwise what's the point of being a fan ?
If you can't handle bad times, then look at the league tables and follow whoever is top....theres to many David Mellors on this board.......and I disliked him intensely.

Cant believe people saying not going to watch/listen , what's the point of calling yourself a fan......things aren't good at the moment, but as they say it's the hope that kills you......while everything is mathematically possible I go into every game with hope, and say to myself this time ,this time......its hard to watch at times, but you take the good with the bad, otherwise what's the point of being a fan ?
If you can't handle bad times, then look at the league tables and follow whoever is top....theres to many David Mellors on this board.......and I disliked him intensely.
Law of averages means it's bound to all click at some point right?

indeed! and tbh not a lot of other things to do anyway at the moment.

The EH and JT years were a lovely cameo in our History..like the 57 Cup Run...like the Bond/MacD/Boyer years .but better..like the Harry promotion in 87.. but better..but there is always an end...and always the barren and unproductive shifts through periods in between...but like T is K says, its about the Support...
In 1961....big Spurs won the Title, a great team, even signing Greaves in 62 couldn't repeat it....and no titles since, just a few cups....fans watching @rse/Manu/Livpl/ Chelsea clean up....over 60 years.
Look at Notts County ...Grimsby ..York..Wrexham..more.

Coventry under Hill...big rise...then a big fall.
Swindon had some great seasons.

You Support your Home team....never knowing what might happen....but your always hanging around the happenings..hoping.

Most of our fans only started supporting us when we were winning though. I would say loads have gone back to supporting Man Unite Liverpool Chelsea etc... Since we got relegated. So to those that want to throw in the towel now good luck to you and shut the door on the way out.

Last edited:
--------Begovic
Smith CCV Cook Kelly
---Pearson Cook
------Wilshere
Long Surridge Stanislas

I suggest we give Pearson and Lewis Cook a solid run of games to try and build something in that department that can be effective at Championship level. Lerma needs to step aside at the moment, he'll still have his place off the bench.

This game will be better suited to Wilshere's game, it should be a real game of football.

Long played wide right a fair bit for Southampton, you get his workrate in the side without all the chances falling to him.

This post almost made me feel optimistic. What are you doing in 3 games time, there will probably be a manager role available ;)

You’ll probably have to dispense with that long term planning for Pearson and L Cook though, our new normal doesn’t allow that!

If we were able to go to the match then I'd go, not a ST holder but I have the points.
If we were at Dean Court then I'd feel we'd help to influence the play but watching it from home, as others have said, just feel detached from it all.

The players are so lucky that we can't show them what we think if they were to play like that in front of us. Don't think they would anyway to be honest.

I'll record it for sure.

I will watch a recording later in the day, it's not the results but lack of effort and desire which I cannot take, so later in the evening with the fast forward button at the ready when we have ball at the back, or just miss the first half altogether !

Allow us into the ground and I will be there come rain or shine or whatever the level we are in. Paying £10 to see them on TV where my support has absolutely no affect whether I cheer them or berate them is a waste of my time. Like somebody else said I can the "best" bits on TV later for free and I haven't wasted a lovely afternoon. I am a season ticket holder and will always be.

This post almost made me feel optimistic. What are you doing in 3 games time, there will probably be a manager role available ;)

You’ll probably have to dispense with that long term planning for Pearson and L Cook though, our new normal doesn’t allow that!
2 cm will be overrun by Watford 2 lightweight wide men won't track back.

Need to match the effort of the opposition then rely on quality.

Cant believe the negativity on here. As a Watford fan looking in i still think you will be facing us in play off final in May. I think its written in the stars that one of us kills the rivalry by leaving the other in a different division. My money is on Gosling winner in 95th minute to make up for your title win.

My money is on Gosling winner in 95th minute to make up for your title win.
Somebody on here has already predicted exactly that happening :p
Mind you, that was back when we thought the playoffs were a realistic probability, feels more like an outside chance now though, with the way we are currently playing ( and being managed ) !

Last edited:
Cant believe the negativity on here. As a Watford fan looking in i still think you will be facing us in play off final in May. I think its written in the stars that one of us kills the rivalry by leaving the other in a different division. My money is on Gosling winner in 95th minute to make up for your title win.

To be fair you’re basing a judgment on little, unless you’ve been watching full blown 90 minute replays of our matches?

Also what rivalry? We won the league when you blew it in the 91st minute and some internet trolls have had a hornet in their bonnet ever since.

To be fair you’re basing a judgment on little, unless you’ve been watching full blown 90 minute replays of our matches?

Also what rivalry? We won the league when you blew it in the 91st minute and some internet trolls have had a hornet in their bonnet ever since.
I'm predicting that watching tonight's game will make him revise his opinion about our playoff chances ;)

I would not say rivalry in hatred. More in annoyance. In our game with you away we had a player sent off after 30 seconds for a red card which was rescinded. It grated alot missing out on title by 1 point. Especially to an off side sheff wed goal. To make matters worse twice at vic rd you have scored 95th minute equalisers as well.

I would not say rivalry in hatred. More in annoyance. In our game with you away we had a player sent off after 30 seconds for a red card which was rescinded. It grated alot missing out on title by 1 point. Especially to an off side sheff wed goal. To make matters worse twice at vic rd you have scored 95th minute equalisers as well.

Just as well you didn’t have daft programme cartoons mocking injured players to show that “annoyance”.

;