AFC Bournemouth v Watford

Some things I took from the match:

- We have found our spirit again, by coming back twice
- We showed great attacking play (25 shots - 12 on target)
- We're not relegation fodder
- Daniels and Stanislas have refound their form, and perhaps the latter in a new position too?
- Gosling was definitely rusty, probably should have been given the game against Brighton and Surman starting tonight
- Minty's "realistic" posts are pure rubbish

We were much more like ourselves after gifting them a 2-0 lead (which is also like ourselves recently), good attacking flow just wasteful with so many good chances. Another day that could have been 7-3, Foster was immense but Begovic didn't make a single save.

I thought Gosling looked good 2nd half except a misplaced pass, battled well and some good link up play. Stan grew in to it and did really well 2nd half.

Disgraceful refereeing, they could have been down to 8 men and definitely should have been 10.

Still think Mings over Daniels will make us more solid, although Daniels also grew in to the game.

They really are the filthiest team in any league....systematically went about trying to injure Fraser in that first half.....orchestrated by that fat headed moron of a captain of theirs.....as for the game i'd have settled for a point at two down but we let them off the hook second half....fair play to Foster though who is clearly too good for them tbf.

Based only on what I saw on a stream for the second half - and seeing the goals after the game:
Well done to Stan, started a little shaky [ see first goal for this ] but grew into the position and put a shift in. I always think any intelligent player can fill in anywhere and maybe he showed this to be true.
Foster made eight direct saves, aside from the goals, not sure Begovic had much else to do? [ by the way, the save Foster made from Gosling before Ake scored.....fantastic! ]
As Rodmorg says, we are nowhere near a relegation team with what we have going forward. I do really hope Eddie is on the case for bringing a player or two in to help defence though.
Jeff worked hard, did well to get the ball, then gave it away too easily!
From what I saw, Charlie did well, fair play to him.
I could go on but....every player worked their nuts off for the team tonight, that is all we ever ask. Lots of quality, some less than great defending in the first half by both sides. Brooks did the 93 minutes! And even though Watford could have had more than one sent off, at the end of it all, that's a great game of football!

So...

STILL eleven point gap
Southampton drop into the bottom three
Minty talks bo77ox

What a great night.. Minty, your prediction took a hell of a beating!

Oh, and all you snowflake doubters at 0-2... tut tut ;-)

Poor old Minty....he even did the seemingly impossible and got a Lerma to get a booking prediction wrong....:D

As for Lerma...avoiding a booking in that type of game shows that he really does know what he's doing...so disciplined tonight.

Don't really know what to make of that some of the defending from both teams was comedic at times. We ended the game better but I still felt Watford could score everytime they attacked us mainly because Deeney won every ball he went for. I know we have injuries but you have to worry when we are conceding 12 goals in 3 games.

Exhausting ..... I am as drained as a pot of pasta.

Agree with almost all of the above, no need to repeat. The boys gave great effort, and deserve our deep appreciation. I will say that on TV, Eddie looked some pis&&d off in the first half at some of the calls. He also looked like he aged about 2 years.

I never check the forum during the game, only after. Liam's comments below are bang on .... well said.

Some of the comments on this thread and others during the game are just pathetic. We are doomed, King has got to go, Eddie has lost the plot etc.

If that's people's attitude when they go to a game then no wonder we all complain about the moaners at DC. People should really consider not posting such nonsense during the game and just watch it and reflect afterwards.

I expect lots of guys will be held back on the weekend ... fine with me.

Phew. Really deserved to win that but hey ho, it's a statement that we are back and were able to deal with the bullies...

Only one booking for us too I believe, Gosling. Good to see him getting stuck in, even though he made a few wayward passes!

Hope nobody predicted Lerma would definitely get another yellow and miss the next matches....??? :p

Hope nobody predicted Gosling wouldn't last 90mins in his first match back...??? :p

;