AFC Bournemouth v West Brom

Asked whether it was nice for Marcondes to get off the mark early for his new club, the boss told the Daily Echo: “Yeah it was. Lovely finish, lovely goal.

“I want him to get in the box, I was pleased for him and Phil, spent a lot of time in the past six weeks in terms of asking them boys to be relentless in a sense of scoring goals, being productive this season and both of them obviously getting off the mark.

Maybe I'm being harsh on Mepham but I thought he was ok not amazing, the Brentford game has perhaps shaded my judgement a bit but I think he needs to be matching Kelly for retribution.

Kelly was better bringing the ball out but Meps was as good in the box I think. Would like to see him being more dangerous from set pieces for us with his height but I think he was pretty solid on Friday. The yellow card as well seems harsh looking at replays. Had it not been on the touch line, I don't think it would have looked like much at all.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion. 2nd half really struggled and I;m not having a go at youngsters and overall I'm happy, Anthony and Zemura both got an assist each, it's just my opinion aswell but I think we missed Pearson, Lerma in CM today.

Would you play Lerma, Pearson and Billing? My only concern is the lack of creativity..

I thought he gave the ball away too much in dangerous areas. All round though a solid performance from Kilkenny. Zemura at times worried me.

Gav did in second half yes. They really pressed him but first half I thought he was excellent. Jordan looked a bit out of his depth defending but was good coming forward, especially second half. It may be that he's a better wing back than full back at the moment while he's developing.

Kilkenny promising and could be much more effective alongside a muscular midfielder (Lerma? Pearson?).

Solanke isolated throughout the game - Parker needs a recruit upfront or a new strategy if he’s to stick with Dom.

Travers kicked long throughout the game - is this direction from Parker? He also seemed glued to the line - he needs to come for crosses and demonstrate greater confidence.

Respect to the fans tonight - put on a good show from the first minute.

Glad to hear it although I couldn't hear because the West Brum fans were SO noisy. Was fun, though:)

Managed to watch the match on VOD yesterday and I have to say that I thought we played well, all things considered. It seemed like a pretty even game to me and after WBA made it 2-2 I thought they didn't cause us too much trouble. In fact we had a couple of chances to win it late on, so you'd have to say we more than matched WBA and the draw was the very least we deserved.

Bearing in mind where they've come from and how they play you have to give a lot of credit to our lads for standing up to them and still managing to impose themselves on the game. The youngsters looked good. Maybe their energy and enthusiasm will rub off on the "established" players and those levels of commitment will start to become a given throughout the team. It already feels as though the presence of the youngsters has added some positive energy to the team.

Lots to be happy about and as I suspected, when those injured players are available for selection once again, I doubt that they'll walk straight back into the side. Neither should they.

If we can go one better and win the next one, I fancy us to go on a bit of a run.

Oh and it looks like in Marcondes we've finally found a corner taker whose corners clear the first man. He put a couple of beauties RIGHT into the danger area. More of the same please Emi !

:utc:

;