AFC Bournemouth v West Brom

Here's the xG from the game. I managed to get tickets and this sat with how I felt when watching. My son had just asked who were having the better of the game and I managed to reply WBA about one second before Billing scored. As with many others, I think the point is a good result given the number of players out / not signed yet and the opposition.

One additional observation, the linesman in our left back position in the second half was absolutely awful. A lot of the time he seemed to be either guessing, or waiting on the ref's decision before pointing his flag in that direction. I think it was incompetence rather than bias as there was a clear WBA corner late on that he gave to us. But I was surprised how dreadful he was - you don't pick these things up on tv.

WBA - Home.PNG

They said all tickets 'issued' which is fairly vague.
The club count all that go through the turnstile so if an ST or a ticket holder doesn't go they don't count as an attendee but the seat has been sold. Some clubs do it the other way round and count non attending ST and ticket holders as attendees. Course if a turnstile is isn't working properly that complicates it further. remember the legendary non counting turnstile at the old DC when cash was handed over....................allegedly !

Here's the xG from the game. I managed to get tickets and this sat with how I felt when watching. My son had just asked who were having the better of the game and I managed to reply WBA about one second before Billing scored. As with many others, I think the point is a good result given the number of players out / not signed yet and the opposition.

One additional observation, the linesman in our left back position in the second half was absolutely awful. A lot of the time he seemed to be either guessing, or waiting on the ref's decision before pointing his flag in that direction. I think it was incompetence rather than bias as there was a clear WBA corner late on that he gave to us. But I was surprised how dreadful he was - you don't pick these things up on tv.

View attachment 6167
Don’t take expected goal stats seriously tbh. Not sure I can remember too many glaring opportunities for West Brom other than their goals. Remember last season the Reading forward missed an open goal from about six yards completely free from pressure at the centre of goal, ninety nine times out of one hundred (at least) a pro footballer scores that chance, yet his expected goal ratio for the entire game was 0.4. Couldn’t take it seriously after that.

Don’t take expected goal stats seriously tbh. Not sure I can remember too many glaring opportunities for West Brom other than their goals. Remember last season the Reading forward missed an open goal from about six yards completely free from pressure at the centre of goal, ninety nine times out of one hundred (at least) a pro footballer scores that chance, yet his expected goal ratio for the entire game was 0.4. Couldn’t take it seriously after that.

It does have its flaws :) but it feels as though a small proportion like it (including me). I think it is roughly right most of the time, but there is the odd howler, like the xG for the Reading miss.

The xG agrees with you. Sky had it down as one clear cut chance each, and there were only 3 chances with an xG above 15% (2 for them, 1 for us) but they had more chances (15 to 7) hence the higher xG. We all know that chances that don't look threatening can fly into the top corner (Lewis Cook v Reading for one) so WBA had a lot around the 5-10% probability.

Thanks for the match reports BTW.

The club count all that go through the turnstile so if an ST or a ticket holder doesn't go they don't count as an attendee but the seat has been sold. Some clubs do it the other way round and count non attending ST and ticket holders as attendees. Course if a turnstile is isn't working properly that complicates it further. remember the legendary non counting turnstile at the old DC when cash was handed over....................allegedly !

Just as well we don't. Would make the attendance competition for home matches a non-event!

Not sure how accurate the attendance figure will be as at least one turnstile was "misbehaving" yesterday.

There's a limit to how long anyone will stand holding their season ticket with WAIT on a screen before they just walk through the freely-spinning turnstile.

We had to have our ST scanned by a lady with a hand held reader in the NS , the turnstile was not working …

According to Flashscore Audio presenter the crowd was 12 Thou. .."ere 'ang on Popeye" thinks I...we can only hold a dinky toy 11 thou' For Christ Sakes..so how does that parallel to the 'ol Social Dist .?
I mean For Ferks Sake ( downgrade of Christ Sake) we ain't exactly thrown off the 'ol Covid yet innit ? ..so cramming another Thou into DC , not withstanding 'Dodgy TurnstileGate' ..tis a bit risky Kimo Sabe ... No?

Last edited:
We were 2 ST holders that weren't there. A positive covid test for one of us 2 hours before kick off ended our chances of attending. Gutted!

;