AFC Bournemouth v Wolves - Back To Football Again

Have to agree really. I think Surridge would maybe have had more motivation to make an impression and seal the three points for the team than Mousset, who has had numerous cameos over a prolonged period and rarely made a difference to the final result. I would have preferred to see Surridge given a chance today. The exuberance of youth and all that......think Mousset coming on was very predictable and too conservative.
He’ll bring Surridge on when we’re five down v City for “ experience “.

Another point....onward to Arsenal in what effectively is an 11 game recovery and rebuilding exercise......
The only pressure is getting a settled team for a crack at a Euro place next season.... and lets face it ...with the injuries since October we are lucky to be out of the bottom six drop zone!
Another successful campaign judged on resources! Top Ten still on too!

Last edited:
Have to agree really. I think Surridge would maybe have had more motivation to make an impression and seal the three points for the team than Mousset, who has had numerous cameos over a prolonged period and rarely made a difference to the final result. I would have preferred to see Surridge given a chance today. The exuberance of youth and all that......think Mousset coming on was very predictable and too conservative.
Came on after 90 mins had no chance to get into the game. Eddie needs to sort these late subs out.

Eddie in his interview said Steve Cook has had a long standing groin problem which he has been managing and playing through.

Just re-watching parts of the game, Ibe's shot off the bar would have been an all-world goal but for a few inches. Announcers said that they had a better chance to save it than Patricio.

Should have won it second half. Created good chances and on another day would have scored at least a couple more . Definite foul before Mephams so called handball. Thought the whole team put a good shift in. Wolves wouldn't have scored in a month of Sunday's if it hadn't been for the penalty. Less said about the ref the better.

I really dont get this Mousset thing! A striker who doesnt score?
I agree about Surridge... he manages to get on the bench..and thats it! What would be wrong with giving him 20 minutes against a tired defence who dont know his threat!

He’ll bring Surridge on when we’re five down v City for “ experience “.
Exactly. This is what irked me most. If Surridge had come on today instead of Mousset, what would have been the downside ? A real chance to make a name for himself, maybe something a bit different like a thundercnut from outside the area to seal the three points. If not, so what ? No reason why we would be on his back or his confidence should suffer. I think it was worth a punt today. He could have made the difference and made a name for himself. If we are going to let Mousset come on and achieve nothing, why not Surridge ?

I thought it was a hard earned point but also that we should've won. Second half we were very good especially going forward, apart from that spell when Wolves put on a good display for about 10 minutes and scored. Not much to grumble about therefore but just annoyed we couldn't steal a win, especially as we had another pen!

Some good performances including Ibe, King, Smith and Fraser. I feel Smith and Fraser linked really well with Smith showing he's very good as a wingback. Yeah, we always knew this anyway. Mepham didn't do too badly really and he will grow into the roll even though he looked a little nervy to start off with. Ake was outstanding of course....How many headers and blocks in the box did he make? It's also good that some other players got a chance because of injuries. So we're on 34 points and none of the remaining fixtures will be easy. That was my minimum points tally to stay up. Hope that proves to be true. Leicester losing to Palace keeps us top half too.

At the start of the day wit a patched up team I'd have taken a draw but at the end felt a little disappointed, albeit relieved. I thought it was a really hard working performance with real positives.

Mepham, first 90 minutes, I thought acquitted himself really well, Dom, although I'm biased, I thought worked really hard, had a good game and unlucky with his chance ( he was probably fouled just as he was first setting the shot) and Jordon had, probably his best game at home. It was his drive into the box that the first pen cam from, his left foot curler was exquisite, albeit 3 inches too high and he played some lovely little reverse passes.

I accept that won't be a popular view because he is clearly sh!t and should never be allowed to play for us EVER but that's how I saw it today. It was also noticeable today, early in the first half Ibe played a poor pass to Gosling on the half way line and immediately I heard the moans and whinges yet two minutes later, Clyne plays a similar, if not worse pass and the same people didn't utter a word. I just think that's a shame.

;