AFC Bournemouth v Wolves - Back To Football Again

Personally not a fan of same player taking multiple pk in a match. Seems advantage keeper on the second in mind games.
Always difficult getting two penalties in a game if it's the same taker. Never mind. Good effort from our boys with all the injuries we have at the moment. Very tight game.

So many chances, which is a good thing. But our players not quite good enough to take all of them. Overall not a bad performance though considering those missing.

Shame to lose the two points when we were so close but considering the injuries we have and how good Wolves are supposed to be that was a good effort. Sounds like the boys gave 100% for 95 minutes so no complaints. Now we're ready for a shock result against Arsenal or Citeh to keep us in the race for "best of the rest". :)
:utc:

scrappy game. Probably a fair result. Ake looked awesome, Mepham… let's just say he gained some good experience :). Thought Gosling and Ibe had decent games.

The BBC website suggesting the Wolves penalty was also a dodgy call??
I think only because he'd already taken his shot and missed. But if Smith comes in late after he's kicked it, it's still a foul, and a foul in the penalty area is a penalty.
Think Smith was a bit silly there !

Sky saying our second penalty was outside the box....maybe justice King missed but I really wished he hadn't!

Two pretty bad tackles in the box beforehand, it was getting a bit ridiculous. Is the line in out for the purposes of fouls? I always forget.

The BBC website suggesting the Wolves penalty was also a dodgy call??

It's one of those that shouldn't be a pen IMO but by the letter of the law definitely is. The shot was taken unimpeded then the player was fouled.

Bloody tinpot with the sprinklers.

Hmm second pen from Josh wasn’t great...ah well, overall a good performance, thought we battled really wel and created some excellent chances. That turn and shot from Ibe against the bar was brilliant...Wee Man the pick of the team for me. Defensively we looked very solid. Disappointing to concede that pen because they created very little second half.

Hyndman is a different player, someone like Gosling or Lerma are in his way and rightly so [ although not sure why he's not making the bench at the minute ].

Most managers are stubborn when it comes to crowd noise. I'd much rather back all our players and roar them on. Positions like the one Ibe plays in require confidence to do risky things, like take players on or one touch passing. You can't do this well if you are under pressure the minute one thing goes wrong.
Sky saying our second penalty was outside the box....maybe justice King missed but I really wished he hadn't!
It was outside.

How we never brought on a sub before 90 minutes is not good. Solanke looking off the pace needed. We had a natural goal scorer on the bench who wasn't used.
Gosling can't put a pass forward. Awful but a good break down of play player.

With Cookie out and the other injuries, I was not overly confident, and it's hard not to feel we had 3 points won, but it's been a while since we had to grind out a point, so I suppose we take it and move on. For the first 30 minutes or so, Roger East seemed like a guy without a clue, then settled down. Around 80 minutes, I was thinking he has held it together quite well, and then things got real crazy. Almost too much to talk about. I don't envy whoever is writing up the match report!

Ake had a strong outing, Mepham and Solanke still have much room to improve. Clyne continues to add stability. Smith and Fraser also very good. To be honest, I thought Ibe was pretty decent. Lerma was going to get the 10th some time, so might as well be now.

It seems Eddie doesn't like to take chances.
I feel sorry for king he worked his socks off without support. How we missed Callum today. Those two upfront will kill any defence.
Have to agree really. I think Surridge would maybe have had more motivation to make an impression and seal the three points for the team than Mousset, who has had numerous cameos over a prolonged period and rarely made a difference to the final result. I would have preferred to see Surridge given a chance today. The exuberance of youth and all that......think Mousset coming on was very predictable and too conservative.

Thought from where I was sitting North Stand side of MS,,Ryan was tripped just inside the box, be good to see it again later.

All about opinions, Chris Mepham in the first half looked confident and had one good break down the pitch. For me he had a steady game.

Overall I suppose a point was a fair result, but we should have put that second penalty away.

That is 7 points out of a possible 9 at home in our last 3 games, plus 7 goals and 1 conceded.

no real negatives from today i thought mepham was very calm on the ball, solanke was hustling there defenders all game. only downside was king seemed very different today when the ball got to him he worked it well and had some awesome touches but he didnt seem to chase as much as usual

;