AFCB - Pic of the day

I should have known you'd get that Rob. You're like an encyclopedia of everything AFCB :grinning:

How you doing these days?

...a couple of years ago I was at The Emirates (aka The Death Star) and had backstage access to meet a few of the Arsenal 'Legends' and Ray Parlour!...I got a chance to have a quick word with Charlie George and I asked him about his time at AFCB...he said and I quote " I was pissed most of the time I played"...he was a scruffy and forlorn looking figure who looked like he was down on his luck a wee bit!

Excellent thanks. What about you?

Good to hear it Rob.

Yep I'm doing ok. I am having to have a season's sabbatical from football under hospital orders, but treatment going well and I'm lined up to be match-fit by the start of next season. :)

...a couple of years ago I was at The Emirates (aka The Death Star) and had backstage access to meet a few of the Arsenal 'Legends' and Ray Parlour!...I got a chance to have a quick word with Charlie George and I asked him about his time at AFCB...he said and I quote " I was pissed most of the time I played"...he was a scruffy and forlorn looking figure who looked like he was down on his luck a wee bit!

Backstage at the Emirates?

Did that come with a compulsory 5 day quarantine period thereafter?

:throw:

he did run a pub over New Milton way for a few years after he packed up football.

That explains a lot as I got him to sign the photo Al put up and he twice told me that was a derby away kit!

;