AFCB vs Notts Forest

After last season's ridiculous farce with the fortunate timing of the destruction of your stadium, I'm hoping for a good result.

Considering everything that happened for you lot last season and the massive high of promotion for the first time in a generation. I can’t quite believe you’re still banging on about that.

You do realise the exact same thing happened to us for our trip to Swansea as well?

This season perhaps but there are lots of players in your squad that you paid a lot of money for. As I said the only difference is in order to compete we've had to do the same but over a much shorter period of time.

yeah we paid £20m for Dom about 3 years ago
probably best to do a bit of research before you press send or, again, you run the risk of making yourself look stupid

anyway, off you trot, you've got flares and ticker tape to prepare ahead of the notts forest team coach departure....

This season perhaps but there are lots of players in your squad that you paid a lot of money for. As I said the only difference is in order to compete we've had to do the same but over a much shorter period of time.
In fairness, first we had to stay up those initial 1-2 seasons in the PL with the squad we came up with, before we could go spending 15m here or 20m there in subsequent PL seasons. We had to earn that spending power.

Although if you ask anyone here, they'll tell you that initial squad was probably better anyway! Money guarantees nothing as we both know.

Things are different up north.

Any cherry picker operator up there would happily fix a stadium roof in 40mph plus winds, apparently. Just ask one!

yeah we paid £20m for Dom about 3 years ago
probably best to do a bit of research before you press send or, again, you run the risk of making yourself look stupid

anyway, off you trot, you've got flares and ticker tape to prepare ahead of the notts forest team coach departure....
Much anger I sense in you.

Hoping to sign a few more players this window, first one in already and I wouldn't be surprised to sign a striker and defender too. You really can't have enough players.

They say thing even up over the season so I'm looking forward to the ref giving us a dodgy penalty and overruling the VAR team who suggest he takes another look.

It'll be the first of many crap decision that are due to come our way in the second half of the season.

I'm also looking forward to similarly 'cheap' penalties against Fulham, Brentford and Newcastle.

They say thing even up over the season so I'm looking forward to the ref giving us a dodgy penalty and overruling the VAR team who suggest he takes another look.

It'll be the first of many crap decision that are due to come our way in the second half of the season.

I'm also looking forward to similarly 'cheap' penalties against Fulham, Brentford and Newcastle.
we have already played Brentford twice so dream on. The first time we had a stonewall pen turned down for a foul on Zemurra.
It will even up, we will get 15 dodgy decisions all in one game !!!!!!!!

we have already played Brentford twice so dream on. The first time we had a stonewall pen turned down for a foul on Zemurra.
It will even up, we will get 15 dodgy decisions all in one game !!!!!!!!
We got absolutely mugged by VAR against Brentford too. Maybe there's something in it...

Anyway you owe us 3 points simply for taking Harry Arter off your hands. What a waste of space he is, I reckon pound for pound probably the worst signing in the club's history. You only repaid a fraction of that debt with Steve Cook who was great for his 6 months with us in the Championship (not so much now)

We got absolutely mugged by VAR against Brentford too. Maybe there's something in it...

Anyway you owe us 3 points simply for taking Harry Arter off your hands. What a waste of space he is, I reckon pound for pound probably the worst signing in the club's history. You only repaid a fraction of that debt with Steve Cook who was great for his 6 months with us in the Championship (not so much now)

Let's talk about Ian Woan...

Harrys a legend down here but he had some very tragic personal circs that meant he felt he needed a fresh start. Sorry it hasn't worked out for him anywhere since. One of those Eddie Howe players !
Cookie, yes another AFCB legend - wish we had kept him.

Reactions: DJ
Harrys a legend down here but he had some very tragic personal circs that meant he felt he needed a fresh start. Sorry it hasn't worked out for him anywhere since. One of those Eddie Howe players !
Cookie, yes another AFCB legend - wish we had kept him.
Cook was superb in the middle of a back 3 for us last season but the Premier League is probably a step too far for him at his age now. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave on loan if a CB comes in this month.

I was delighted when Arter signed initially, I thought he was exactly what we needed. But for whatever reason the performances he put in for his 10 games or so were dreadful and he hasn't been seen since at Forest, this was in 2020...

He's had a couple of loans out, including one at Notts County in non-league where apparently his attitude stunk the place out. He's still only 33 as well so really he should still be doing a job in the football league somewhere. He's apparently on a great deal here though which actually went up in money AND added another year to the contract when we went up. His agent pulled a blinder there. He's cost us millions for nothing basically.

Cook was superb in the middle of a back 3 for us last season but the Premier League is probably a step too far for him at his age now. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave on loan if a CB comes in this month.

I was delighted when Arter signed initially, I thought he was exactly what we needed. But for whatever reason the performances he put in for his 10 games or so were dreadful and he hasn't been seen since at Forest, this was in 2020...

He's had a couple of loans out, including one at Notts County in non-league where apparently his attitude stunk the place out. He's still only 33 as well so really he should still be doing a job in the football league somewhere. He's apparently on a great deal here though which actually went up in money AND added another year to the contract when we went up. His agent pulled a blinder there. He's cost us millions for nothing basically.

Arter signed a bumper deal with us around 2017 and for whatever reason his form seemed to fall off a cliff from there. I'm not sure he ever found his 2012-16 form again. Shame really because on his day he was brilliant.

;