AFCB Women

Discrimination is alive and present Rob.

Has been around since day dot, and you can find it anywhere you want to look.

You can't make me want to watch the women's game when I don't like it, and prefer the men's game.
I’m not bothered about whether you watch or not, it was the rest of it I was referring to

I’m not bothered about whether you watch or not, it was the rest of it I was referring to

So what is discrimination then Rob in your eyes.

Genuine question.

It happens in every facet of humanity from wealth, strength, ability, IQ, nationality, religion,

The list is as endless as space is infinite.

So what is discrimination then Rob in your eyes.

Genuine question.

It happens in every facet of humanity from wealth, strength, ability, IQ, nationality, religion,

The list is as endless as space is infinite.
Discrimination is being denied opportunities because of certain characteristics that have nothing to do with the opportunity. That’s one aspect.

We both agree it exists.

Come on Brian.

You're being like Neil.

Faux outrage at anything that can be picked apart for not confirming to wokism.

Neil has said many racist jokes over the years.

You have been sexist over the years.

All of a sudden you're both the poster boys for the status quo of woke.

What a load of bullshyte.

You both should stop the charade.
I don't recall anything offensive from ND....but then I wouldn't would I ?
I will challenge and ridicule most of Woke because I consider it an attack on the fibre of our Culture...eroding the backbone of the Nation.

Woke opposes the right to Joke about Life.

But don't underestimate my propensity to adopt any Woke criteria that I think might be of use to peace and better living.....i havent totally written off Thunberg like some on this Forum .

We agree that maybe Les Ferdinand had a point.
Les Ferdinand didn't make it because of his colour?

I don't buy it, but you could be right.

Did Callum Wilson make it because he wasn't white?

I don get your logic at all.

Money talks, and the best managers get the best jobs and results, whatever their creed.

Les Ferdinand didn't make it because of his colour?

I don't buy it, but you could be right.

Did Callum Wilson make it because he wasn't white?

I don get your logic at all.

Money talks, and the best managers get the best jobs and results, whatever their creed.

How do you become the best manager with fewer opportunities to showcase your talent.

Now if your example had been Sol Campbell we could well have all agreed that he was just useless.

How do you become the best manager with fewer opportunities to showcase your talent.

Now if your example had been Sol Campbell we could well have all agreed that he was just useless.

Let's not turn this into a skin colour debate.

A little ironic of course that you named Sol Campbell as an example, given he is also of African American heritage.

Ability usually rises above diversity, for diversities sake.

Let's not turn this into a skin colour debate.

A little ironic of course that you named Sol Campbell as an example, given he is also of African American heritage.

Ability usually rises above diversity, for diversities sake.

I’m confused to how this hasn’t already been a “skin colour debate”. My example in reply to you was deliberately chosen. When Sol Campbell claims he didn’t get jobs because of his ethnicity it’s easy to call bull**** because he’s quite clearly deluded and crap as a manager.

Your example was Les Ferdinand, who hadn’t had the opportunity, for whatever reason, to prove if he’s crap or not. Which was my point.

You can claim the best people get the best jobs whatever their creed is naive, because many people are held back because of their race/sex etc so do not get to prove their worth and often when they do they get paid less regardless.

It’s not a level playing field, even if ideologically it should be.

Lol you're basing this whole thing on one manager and one club.
Who else are you basing it on?

Please elaborate, given my ignorance.
I’m confused to how this hasn’t already been a “skin colour debate”. My example in reply to you was deliberately chosen. When Sol Campbell claims he didn’t get jobs because of his ethnicity it’s easy to call bull**** because he’s quite clearly deluded and crap as a manager.

Your example was Les Ferdinand, who hadn’t had the opportunity, for whatever reason, to prove if he’s crap or not. Which was my point.

You can claim the best people get the best jobs whatever their creed is naive, because many people are held back because of their race/sex etc so do not get to prove their worth and often when they do they get paid less regardless.

It’s not a level playing field, even if ideologically it should be.

I'm sure a good manager who could motivate an elite set of players would be welcomed, no matter his or her history.

Why aren't Ferdinands charges still under his tenure?

Absolutely no issues with the women's game beyond giving favourable league positions to clubs with bigger brands and think AFCB are wise to try and get a piece of the pie while it's attainable. Personal interest levels are heavily weighted towards the men's game but that's not to take away from the women and like you said they'll have plenty of fans who don't care much about the men.

It's more a comment on JF who generally I see as being quite trustworthy, honest and considered being anything but when it comes to anything around the women's game.

Yeah I think from an investment/speculation stance, positioning yourself in the ladies game is worth the 'risk'.

Clearly gathering a lot of momentum, trajectory it's on in recent years etc.

For relatively low outlay (compared to men's gane), you can likely get a ladies team to tge top level in fairly short space of time, and I imagine the commercial side, exposure, quality will only grow. So it's worth it as a venture for wealthy business men imo.

Ok Rob,

Let's name 92 League clubs, not just 1.

If Les Ferdinand was a decent manager, he would have cut the mustard .

Not whinged about it as a pundit.
Are you trying to prove that discrimination does or doesn't exist?

Regarding Ferdinand, I've no proof to say one way or another that he was discriminated against, but I'm willing to listen to how he describes his experience.

;