AFCB Women

I am going to wander along today first time I have ever seen the girls play but to be honest too much faff (being lazy) to go to Ringwood.

Not quite sure why there has to be personal jibes in this. I’ve been watching football for a while to be fair… including non league, I’ve even been to Ringwood to watch afcb in a pre season friendly.

The families who are going to be the target audience for women’s football may not be so keen though.

As for the X3, according to google to get there before kick off, using Dean Court as a starting point you’d have to leave at 12.12pm for a 2pm kick off… so again the ease of turning up to Dean Court plays a role here…
Personal jibes......it what he does...

6,805 was the official attendance.

Very impressed with the performance, especially the first half. They have certainly moved up a level or two over last season couple of seasons.

4-0 probably flattered Portishead, AFCB did all the right stuff probably gave them to much respect. It felt like we could just steam roller them if we just ran at them at shot from distance, but instead we played lovely football and depended on a lot of crosses.

Not having requested a refund after purchasing my ST, I went along, in truth out of curiosity more than anything. Its been a few years since my last ladies game, which at the time was more about taking the grandchildren to a match as a start to getting the hooked .
Things have definitely improved. Main thoughts;
Difference in physicality (speed, fitness and strength) allows a lot more space and time, which AFCB certainly took advantage of. But you still need to see and pick a pass, which they did very well
Our CBs, Treweek(27) and Bleazard(4) mopped up everything, covered the FBs when needed, and were a great partnership. Portishead never looked like scoring.
After the first 15 mins I thought we'd be going for double figures, it was just attack v Defence. Our best spells were first and last 20 mins, but we could/should have had a hatful, if it wasn't for last pass or shooting being like Christie on a bad day. But the build up at times was great to watch.
Most good things went through Hillier(10) or McGuinness(11) who looked a level above anyone else in technique and use of the ball. Buckingham (19) on the wing looked handy too. I would have given PoM to Hillier but sponsors gave it to McGuiness
There was a definite shape and pattern to the play, thats credit to all involved, players and coaching team alike.
Good touch by the ladies post match, spread themselves out around the ground for photos, signatures etc, a lot of excited kids about.

So a pleasant afternoon, better than expected, and Im sure it has done good things going forward for the ladies team, which of course was the plan when holding it at DC

What does a sensory pack entail out of interest?
Can answer this now! It was a branded draw string bag, branded ear defenders, mini football, fidget popper and an accessibility card. We were also able to go in the side gate to avoid queues as that's a real trigger for my daughter. All in all, very impressed with the club on this one.

As someone who's sensitive to sound, it was a bit too loud for my little girl at the start, even with the ear defenders. Once the game started she was happier. I enjoyed the first half, impressed with some of the attacking play. Second half the quality seemed to drop off but still a lovely afternoon out with my girl.

I will admit that I went along to the ladies game this afternoon purely for the home point. Not for me, but for my 23 year old son (we went together so not trying to defraud anyone). He was a ST holder until he left for uni 5 yars ago and would love to attend more home games now he is back. Anyway, we probably wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't for the home point but I am very glad we went. Some of our passing was lovely although it may be deceiving as our standard was far superior to the opposition. I honestly didn't know what to expect but it was far better than I anticipated. A fun afternoon out

One big shame though, considering you’d hope this might entice some to go and watch them regularly…

The programme has a fixtures and results page, only they’ve forgotten to put what month anything is. Obviously you can work it out, but it does throw you at first glance.

;