afcbTV Live

I haven’t fully read this thread so perhaps I’be missed something but are ST holders expecting to get a discount for streaming compared to non ST holders.

That seems a little unfair to me since ST holders are getting a refund for the games they can’t attend, and of course it works out cheaper per match for them anyway.

No streaming discount, but they get to watch the sky games for free.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/full-streaming-details-confirmed-for-202021/

I haven’t fully read this thread so perhaps I’be missed something but are ST holders expecting to get a discount for streaming compared to non ST holders.

That seems a little unfair to me since ST holders are getting a refund for the games they can’t attend, and of course it works out cheaper per match for them anyway.

Would appear most clubs disagree with you as they’ve opted, as designed by the EFL, to offer home games and non Saturday 3pm away games free to season ticket holders whilst the grounds are empty or at limited capacity.

Even those who haven’t opted to also take money up front from those season ticket holders like AFCB have opted to do.

Anyone know if it will be possible to access the AFCB TV live stream from a Smart TV ?

Would be much better than on a laptop or messing with HDMI cables etc.
I have COWS on my Smart TV right now, so I am hoping that the new "Live" platform will simply run off that. Agree that it is miles better than connecting laptop to TV via cables, my laptop processor is not great.

I don't have cable, so your example actually works backwards -- paying for a tiered cable package with all those channels is at least$1000 per year, for a bunch of crap I'd never watch.
DAZN is way cheaper and better if you mostly want to watch soccer/football. They even have tons of MLS games.
Is that a "business decision" or a function of living in a remote part of the country?

Would appear most clubs disagree with you as they’ve opted, as designed by the EFL, to offer home games and non Saturday 3pm away games free to season ticket holders whilst the grounds are empty or at limited capacity.

Even those who haven’t opted to also take money up front from those season ticket holders like AFCB have opted to do.
Well that’s up to them. But other clubs giving freebies to ST holders at the expense of other loyal fans doesn’t make it right.

Because I’ve just given the club £1k for products I won’t use and won’t get the money fully back or the product for how long? Other clubs haven’t opted to take the money and have still given the live stream for free.

Well that’s up to them. But other clubs giving freebies to ST holders at the expense of other loyal fans doesn’t make it right.

Not exactly “at the expense of” is it, if ST got it free they would pay £10, if ST had to pay £10 they still would have to pay £10. They’re not better off because of it.

Ok so we did it for two years up until the summer. 8m. The point remains the same... and the same as the one DJ is making... we can waste money for a lot of things but not help the fans

I don't disagree with the sentiment
the Defoe thing was a very expensive mistake (although I never thought we gave it time to work) but this seems as though the club has gone out of it's way to screw the fans over, twice

Not exactly “at the expense of” is it, if ST got it free they would pay £10, if ST had to pay £10 they still would have to pay £10. They’re not better off because of it.
Now I’m confused. I thought you were saying other clubs were giving access for free but now you appear to be saying they are charging £10 too.

All I’m saying is non-ST holders pay more to watch their club across a season so I don’t believe they should be disadvantaged further. Either £10 for everyone or free for everyone.

Now I’m confused.

“They” - Non season ticket holders.

All I’m saying is non-ST holders pay more to watch their club across a season so I don’t believe they should be disadvantaged further. Either £10 for everyone or free for everyone.

Season ticket holders will also have been season ticket holders for a minimum of the five and a half years, the majority for a lot longer, paying a lot of money up front. This season doing so knowing they’re just going to have the money drip fed back to them for a while. Other clubs have opted against taking hundreds of pounds off their supporters at this time and most clubs have still decided to reward that loyalty and that’s throughout the leagues, even the lower league clubs who haven’t had any income since March, us and Watford, have not. It’s not a great look.

Last edited:
I’ve found another club charging all their fans £10 a go for all games. It’s taken a while but here we go...

https://www.watfordfc.com/news/introducing-hive-live-watford-fcs-new-matchday-streaming-service

It probably isn't a coincidence that it's the two clubs that came down from the PL after spending PL money. I know Norwich came down as well but they didn't really increase their cost base significantly after going up. Both Watford and us had several seasons of being up there and are now having to cut back dramatically and bring in money from different sources to try and cover some of those losses.

In the grand scheme of things it's probably a relative pittance but....

As to the general questions as to why it's more expensive for UK viewers, I would imagine it's tied into the relative values of the tv deals.

;