Ake £80 million?

This was more my worry than Wilson to be honest, Quality Defender who also scores set piece goals, is always going to be on the radar.

Controversial to some maybe but we would be mad not to take 80m, especially considering Chelsea can get him for 40 next summer. The guy is quality but not irreplaceable, for the money we’d revive I’d trust EH to find a replacement.

Fueling the flames a little maybe but it's worth noting that he counts as a homegrown player which will make him extra attractive to the likes of Man City as they are struggling with their quota.

If we sell both Ake and Wilson in January....we could be buying ourselves a relegation fight.
Replacements, especially at Boscombe, take ages to settle.
It only takes 3 or 4 defeats on the bounce to be up Sh#t Creek!
I think we would survive but prefer this end of the table!

If we sell both Ake and Wilson in January....we could be buying ourselves a relegation fight.

OK BIll, I know you are missing Cherrybright/Minty, but you don't have to write in his style!!

That's the problem, I dislike the January transfer window, it's one thing having the money for replacements, but gives very little time for them to gel , if they even gel at all and we risk another Ibe etc, then with last seasons playmaker Fraser seemingly in a huff, it wouldn't take much for a real struggle on our hands.

absolutely not. If we were to sell them
Both we would be looking at well over £100 million and that can by more than ample replacements

absolutely not. If we were to sell them
Both we would be looking at well over £100 million and that can by more than ample replacements

600M spend for Man Utd isn't going so well, I prefer stability over cash for transfers and all the problems around team fit, attitude, off the field antics, unsettling current team etc

Manchester Evening News has this:
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ll-news/man-city-nathan-ake-transfer-17058794

According to this report, the recent Man City defeats plus an injury crisis in defence mean Guardiola is ready to bid for Nathan. £80mn looks right - in the context of the Maguire fee.

This is plausible, especially coming from a local paper. But read the by-line ... “trainee reporter”. Hmmm...

As a resident in Manchester I can report that the standard of journalism at the Manchester Evening News is certainly nothing to write home about.

Take it with a very large pinch of salt.

:utc:

Controversial to some maybe but we would be mad not to take 80m, especially considering Chelsea can get him for 40 next summer. The guy is quality but not irreplaceable, for the money we’d revive I’d trust EH to find a replacement.

What makes you think any buy back is still active, or that it is pegged at that value??

;