Ake

This Aké clause reminds me of the Zubar clause which said we had to offer him a year contract extension on £20k a week if we ever made the PL.

Looking back it seems a ridiculous clause to agree to. However, his signing was a bit of a coup for us at the time so imagine the furore if the deal fell through for a side 21st in L1 because we rejected such an absurd clause

I don’t remember the £20k a week part. He certainly got a contract extension for every promotion.

That's honestly not as bad as I was fearing, just over a month. I feel like it could've been much worse. Takes up most of the transfer window as well.

People are living in lala land if they genuinely believe that a six week injury will deter Chelsea. You can still sign injured players!!

To be honest 28th dec until end of feb will define our season, 2 games against Brighton, Watford, Norwich, sheff utd, Watford, west ham, burnley
Yep, have been saying that for a while. In fact, you can back it up to Dec. 21 (home to Burnley). 11 game stretch with no ManC, Liverpool, Spurs, ManU, Leicester. Shows how difficult the final 10 games will be. I reckon we need 16 points at a minimum over that 11 game stretch.

I don't think I'm mentally prepared for this absolute diamond of a man to leave the club tbh. Best player we've ever had, and a great person as well, as some of the many people I know who have met him can attest to.

Its such a shame, even the most rose tinted of fans can't exactly give anything close to a good reason for him to stay. If our form had been better in the league and worse in the injury table, we might have been able to convince him that we're building towards something great. He can do much MUCH better.

I don't think I'm mentally prepared for this absolute diamond of a man to leave the club tbh. Best player we've ever had, and a great person as well, as some of the many people I know who have met him can attest to.

Its such a shame, even the most rose tinted of fans can't exactly give anything close to a good reason for him to stay. If our form had been better in the league and worse in the injury table, we might have been able to convince him that we're building towards something great. He can do much MUCH better.
And just to add to your (my) misery, I keep thinking that we are quite likely losing Brooks for a season, and he will be another transfer target. So, we are missing out on a full year of his creativity in our colours, a year that we may not get back.

Never realized how traumatic it would be following English football!

So given there's an inevitability about him going, who would you get in to replace him with the £40m we're likely to receive?

Or let's say £60m if we get lucky.

;