Alex Scott

tis very good on fm23. signed him in summer for 10 mill. Very much in the typical AFCB mould. Light weight, agile, but not necessarily rapid attacking midfielder. consistently rated as one of the best young english attacking mid prospects the past couple of years. Brizzle seem to have a few interesting, decent youngsters actually. Think Semenyo linked recently too, and another player or two looks decent there as well.

I think thats maybe part of the draw for Foley, and the untapped potential we have as club. Yeah Southampton nearby, but looking westward and up towards Bristol type area, huge catchment there, of potential talent, with no other (established PL) clubs nearby. Of course the very best always likely to be scooped up by the elite, but huge potnetial/gap in the market for a more dominant sotuhwest club to become the main draw for young talent. Obviously have to allow for half the population in Cornwall not being suitable, what with missing digits, health complications through generations of inbreeding.

ascott.png

Last edited:
I was listening to The Lambrettas “
Page Three (Another day , another girl ) in the car earlier - old man indeed !
Gonna add that to my playlist right now!

thanks hadn’t heard this for eons!

the original London Calling too!

Last edited:
tis very good on fm23. signed him in summer for 10 mill. Very much in the typical AFCB mould. Light weight, agile, but not necessarily rapid attacking midfielder. consistently rated as one of the best young english attacking mid prospects the past couple of years. Brizzle seem to have a few interesting, decent youngsters actually. Think Semenyo linked recently too, and another player or two looks decent there as well.

I think thats maybe part of the draw for Foley, and the untapped potential we have as club. Yeah Southampton nearby, but looking westward and up towards Bristol type area, huge catchment there, of potential talent, with no other (established PL) clubs nearby. Of course the very best always likely to be scooped up by the elite, but huge potnetial/gap in the market for a more dominant sotuhwest club to become the main draw for young talent. Obviously have to allow for half the population in Cornwall not being suitable, what with missing digits, health complications through generations of inbreeding.

View attachment 9393

Lucky you, signed for Newcastle when I tried!!!!

View attachment 9393
Corners 5 - He's definitely of the AFCB mould

This guy seems very much in the mould of David Brooks... He's effectively had 1 season in the Championship before this season. Brooks had 1 season at Sheffield before we bought him, with very similar stats (around 30 ish games and 3-4 goals each)... We paid £11.5m for David Brooks circa 4.5 years ago...

So is £11.5m to £25m a fair reflection of how the player market has moved, for a very similar player, at almost the same age (around 20yrs old)

Me personally I'd say anywhere between £15-20m is probably a fairer price...

;