Alex Scott

"While in negotiations with Bristol City, we were made aware that Alex had sustained a knee injury during a recent training session. During the medical, scans revealed the injury to be more significant than was initially reported.

With the recovery process now outlined by our medical team, he will join up with the squad following a period of rehabilitation."

Makes you wonder how bad an injury has to be to fail our medical tests?!
I’d imagine if buying long term potential you will allow through a recovering injury rather than shorter potential players with niggling recurrent injuries. Like we did for Zab.

I'd have gone with...

giphy.gif

"While in negotiations with Bristol City, we were made aware that Alex had sustained a knee injury during a recent training session. During the medical, scans revealed the injury to be more significant than was initially reported.

With the recovery process now outlined by our medical team, he will join up with the squad following a period of rehabilitation."

And there's all the experts asking why we didn't sign Zanioli despite his injury.

Players don't fail medicals for having an injury. They fail medicals for them having potential medical problems in the future that would make the deal not worthy.

For example, having an ACL injury can have significant problems further down the line depending on how well the player recovered. A little niggle is nothing to worry about with regards to Scott.

If you're referring to the Jackson failed medical, it was widely reported that the injury he had would have taken longer to heal than what Villareal were reporting. This lead us to believe he was not worth the money due to us needing an instant impact to have every chance of surviving.

According to COWS Alex Scott is the only person ever to have been born on the island of Guernsey. That, or they don’t know what “unique” means.

Refreshingly tinpot.

Nearly fifty pages before he signed? He's good, but he's no Demarai Gray.

Putting everything else to one side, you can't help but be looking forward to seeing him play for us given all that has been said about him. Sounds like a hell of a prospect.

It's some collection of players we've been putting together. Kudos to Bill for following through on his promises. Trousers to go with the mouth.

You must be delighted with the boards summer transfer business, really delivered, with more to come I suspect. Happy days all around
Yes because the time to judge a transfer window is before any of them have set foot on the pitch ;)

I’m delighted with this transfer because of connections with Bristol City who I trust for their football knowledge. Aarons and Kerkez I like the potential of but would like to actually see them play Premier League football first to make a judgement.

With Scott injured we still haven’t solved our midfield issue and left the right back solution too late for him to understand Iraolas system.

So while the players may be good (let’s see) the time to land them was too late especially in the context of a revolution in playing style. The fact Aaron’s was having a medical in a Leeds tells you he wasn’t a first choice.

In hindsight yes. I believe so.

In any case, I dont think it’s a career threatening injury is it?
I would imagine we believe it to be career limiting for the outlay.

It was unanimous on here we were happy with the medical turning this up and we shouldn’t be signing him.

Great news and I’m not worried about his current injury if the medical staff are not ! It probably knocked a couple of million off the fee as well. Maybe enabled us to put more of the suggested fee into add ons or something like that, just to get the deal done.

Hopefully it will be one of those injuries which heals quicker than expected ;)

But you're still delighted aren't you Neil? :grinning:
That Scott’s here yes. Don’t believe what you read. I was delighted with Tavs too. The board seem to have learned with managers and you’d imagine they would be getting better with players too. The past is the past and if they can start landing decent managers and players I will be the first to say so.

He wasn’t first choice?
You mean your arch enemies had a back up plan.
You do need to give this vendetta a rest.
Although you obviously don’t see it. It makes you look as one dimensional as Waz or cherrybright with their narrow minded views on certain subjects.

;