All those slagging off GON.,

Great win. But at the end of the day if we go down, it will have been a terrible, naive appointment. Stay up, it will have been a shrewd and brave appointment.
Today he did well, credit where credit is due.

We asked him not to keep going to five at the back and to have a go against the bigger teams. He did that and it paid off. It’s the ones that wanted us to change our style and didn’t believe in the players you should be having a go at. 80% of fans on a Twitter poll didn’t think he was doing a good job so you will be sticking your finger up at a lot of people.

Anyway… just enjoy a fantastic win for f***s sake you old misery guts;)

Up yours !

Not sure I get the point? He made some extremely poor decision earlier in the season after the dead cat bounce. Last week and today were significantly better.

He's learning. It isn't the right place to be learning how to manage a team but he's what we've got. Delighted to see him finally make some progress with the decisions he's making.

I still stand by everything I said earlier in the season though. At the time they were relevant. We're lucky that there's still time for us to get the points to stay up. Let's hope he keeps on the upward trend, although a managers learning is rarely a straight line.

A welcome change of the usual ultra negative tactics when defending a lead, which has taken the tactical genius that is GON about half the season to finally work out!

Having said that, I'm sure I saw Mepham ready to come on at his usual time towards the end of the game? - so am not quite sure why that didn't happen?

We certainly rode our luck today! Van Dyke missed two free headers in the first half, albeit one got headed off the line!

The Smith handball stopped the Liverpool goal bound header going in and then we got lucky when they missed the resulting pen!

Having a manager doing his apprenticeship in the Prem is not ideal, but for me today was some sort of progress I suppose!

Last edited:
We asked him not to keep going to five at the back and to have a go against the bigger teams. He did that and it paid off. It’s the ones that wanted us to change our style and didn’t believe in the players you should be having a go at. 80% of fans on a Twitter poll didn’t think he was doing a good job so you will be sticking your finger up at a lot of people.

Anyway… just enjoy a fantastic win for f***s sake you old misery guts;)

31% possession at home, you must be fcuking fuming
GoN out etc etc

Great for GON. Not only the result but a result against a top 6 club. Out thought the mighty Klopp. I actually had a good feeling about today as the 9-0 would have been present in the team talk and I expected the players to respond. Two up against Arsenal away, a win against Liverpool and with a run of games that should yield points there are things to be optimistic about. Bet that prat from the Telegraph feels like an uneducated dick with his 2pts for the rest of the season prediction. If I was the editor I'd be taking off the sports pages and replacing him with a chimp.

It’s weird, I am looking at our last five games, where we have gained 7 points, and it is level or better than every team up to Brentford in the league table over the same number of games. Although that is with a bunch of games in progress and others still to play this weekend. I think tis is a good sign that put together a couple of back to backs and we might start putting more teams between us and the drop

;