All those slagging off GON.,

Dont give a *****

Fed Up with some ludicrous OTT comments inc calling him a clown
Well, 21 points from a possible 66 doesn't exactly prove you were right, does it? And what're you going to post if we lose to Villa or Fulham or both? I'm glad we won today, it was a great team performance but it doesn't actually prove anything. VVD could have scored a couple, Salah should've scored, Liverpool were below par, we weren't and we also had a bit of luck. That's football.

Well, 21 points from a possible 66 doesn't exactly prove you were right, does it? And what're you going to post if we lose to Villa or Fulham or both? I'm glad we won today, it was a great team performance but it doesn't actually prove anything. VVD could have scored a couple, Salah should've scored, Liverpool were below par, we weren't and we also had a bit of luck. That's football.
Enjoy the win pal (y)

31% possession at home, you must be fcuking fuming
GoN out etc etc
Here he is… Captain Cheerful. I said 19% wasn’t acceptable and we should aim for 35-40. I’d say a 60% increase in possession was a good step.

Most of it came from finally realising 5 at the back leaves you with nowhere to go and that you might as well try and have your own game. Fantastic that he has done that but as others have said it’s taken too long.

O'Neil....in a battle of intelligence with Klopp.

Result.....another Collectors Item for real 'Boscombe'. fans...those that are not immersed in total 'Jerk Theory' about our managers !

I watched the game in my local teams clubhouse. before our game....loads of Manu and Liverpool tourist types in there too ..I was jumping about like a lunatic possessed..the place went mental when Salah blasted the penalty across Dorset and Devon and it landed in our bar ...
....several of those guys were saying...
" How the F**k are Bournemouth bottom of the table".... and tough old me in tears at the final whistle....several drinks coming at me from both Manu and Liverpool fans....had to leave the car in the car park and walk home !

Up the fcuking Cherries ! Beers tasting good tonight and we'll see what happens next week but right now who gives a toss about next week. We just beat Liverpool. We won't get any credit. The reports won't say how fantastic we were ,it will be just how poor Liverpool were but who gives a fcuk. Enjoy your night boys and girls ' cos games and results like that don't happen every week !!!:utc::utc:

Played the formation that has consistently produced this club / squad's best performances over about 3 years now, with round pegs in round holes most of the time.

Stick with it please Gary!
Absolutely this !
If the players can avoid injury and maintain these energy levels, we shouldn’t change a thing from here on in, regardless of who the opposition is. The players know what they are being asked to do and are doing an excellent job of doing it. Leave them alone now and let them get on with it. They seem to be playing a way they both understand and enjoy.
Playing like today we will give anyone a tough game. We may not always win but we will always be in with a good shout of winning. This is not the time for further experiments and tinkering.
GO should now just concentrate on preparing his players for the upcoming opposition and working on new set pieces and the defending of opposition ones. I think that if he does that and we are not unlucky with injuries, we should easily get the points we need for safety.

O'Neil....in a battle of intelligence with Klopp.

Result.....another Collectors Item for real 'Boscombe'. fans...those that are not immersed in total 'Jerk Theory' about our managers !

I watched the game in my local teams clubhouse. before our game....loads of Manu and Liverpool tourist types in there too ..I was jumping about like a lunatic possessed..the place went mental when Salah blasted the penalty across Dorset and Devon and it landed in our bar ...
....several of those guys were saying...
" How the F**k are Bournemouth bottom of the table".... and tough old me in tears at the final whistle....several drinks coming at me from both Manu and Liverpool fans....had to leave the car in the car park and walk home !
I had a tear at the final whistle too.
The fans in the ground were amazing at the end there, the atmosphere after the whistle must have been extremely special. I would have loved to have been there although I would have probably been bawling my eyes out !
A fantastic performance by all and a magnificent result !
:utc:

State of this thread.
First home win in ages and the first thing you do is gloat because somehow you think you've been proved right. Embarrassing[/QUOTE

I am not embarrassed at my post - but embarrassed my so called supporters negatively slagging off the coach who is trying his best to to the job.

Should he have been appointed - think few expected it and most would have hoped we would have got a more proven prem manager

But he got the job and has been impacted by a viral problem and then lots of injuries and new faces. Think he has done a good job over the last 5/6 games.

Should I have made this post? Who knows, don’t care. I have been disgusted by some of the comments so thought time to give two fingers back. I think rightfully.

Absolutely this !
If the players can avoid injury and maintain these energy levels, we shouldn’t change a thing from here on in, regardless of who the opposition is. The players know what they are being asked to do and are doing an excellent job of doing it. Leave them alone now and let them get on with it. They seem to be playing a way they both understand and enjoy.
Playing like today we will give anyone a tough game. We may not always win but we will always be in with a good shout of winning. This is not the time for further experiments and tinkering.
GO should now just concentrate on preparing his players for the upcoming opposition and working on new set pieces and the defending of opposition ones. I think that if he does that and we are not unlucky with injuries, we should easily get the points we need for safety.
I think GON has gone on record saying he preferrs a back four but he is an interesting coach and chose a back 5 for strong opposition with two very different game plans. Could have stuck with 5 today today but chose a four. Deserves some praise.

Great result and Go Must have got them motivated after a difficult and draining loss to the gunners so credit where credits due. Our Jan signing look good and have transformed our impudent attack in to More of a threat.
I’m still not convinced In GO and I don’t think he will be there next season but UTCIAD and let’s get a run going

As has been said already, this thread makes no sense. GON was being (rightly) slagged off for persisting with an ultra defensive (three at the back) approach, either from the off or to (fail to) see out the game. Today he did what everyone had been asking him to do and altered from that method, we started with a back four and looked to take the game to Liverpool whenever we could, even in the latter stages while holding a precarious lead. He simply did today what the majority had been asking him to do, and shock horror, we get the win and perform well. We haven’t got the quality of defender needed to sit in and defend for an entire game, most have known this all along but it seems that GON has finally realised. Let’s hope we haven’t already thrown away too many points due to being ultra defensive.

Has GON finally woken up to to the formations and tactics that play to the strengths of his squad? Biggest plus today was the use of two wingers, stretching Liverpool and facilitating break-outs from defence. Even when the ball didn’t reach Ouattara and Anthony they occupied markers and gave our midfielders a chance to break forward. This should be our default approach - unless illness or a collapse in form dictates otherwise. But no more five-at-at-the-back and Solanke alone in the opposition half …. please.

A welcome change of the usual ultra negative tactics when defending a lead, which has taken the tactical genius that is GON about half the season to finally work out!

Having said that, I'm sure I saw Mepham ready to come on at his usual time towards the end of the game? - so am not quite sure why that didn't happen?

We certainly rode our luck today! Van Dyke missed two free headers in the first half, albeit one got headed off the line!

The Smith handball stopped the Liverpool goal bound header going in and then we got lucky when they missed the resulting pen!

Having a manager doing his apprenticeship in the Prem is not ideal, but for me today was some sort of progress I suppose!
Oh dear..you did see mepham ready..and then a masterstroke lulling Klippity (klopp) into a false sense

Doesn't firlt the narrative but we should have scored at least 3 more

As has been said already, this thread makes no sense. GON was being (rightly) slagged off for persisting with an ultra defensive (three at the back) approach, either from the off or to (fail to) see out the game. Today he did what everyone had been asking him to do and altered from that method, we started with a back four and looked to take the game to Liverpool whenever we could, even in the latter stages while holding a precarious lead. He simply did today what the majority had been asking him to do, and shock horror, we get the win and perform well. We haven’t got the quality of defender needed to sit in and defend for an entire game, most have known this all along but it seems that GON has finally realised. Let’s hope we haven’t already thrown away too many points due to being ultra defensive.
Yawn

Has GON finally woken up to to the formations and tactics that play to the strengths of his squad? Biggest plus today was the use of two wingers, stretching Liverpool and facilitating break-outs from defence. Even when the ball didn’t reach Ouattara and Anthony they occupied markers and gave our midfielders a chance to break forward. This should be our default approach - unless illness or a collapse in form dictates otherwise. But no more five-at-at-the-back and Solanke alone in the opposition half …. please.
No doubt as a rookie he is learning - that was always the biggest argument against him

I do think if he had traore tav and brooks we would see a different approach

I think this talk of back four being a massive change is nonsense. They might have lines up that way but Smith played like a wingback and Kelly barely ventured out of his own half. It was no less defensive than previous weeks against Arsenal and Man City both of which we had decent chances going forward.

;