All-Time AFCB Third Tier XI

kirsikka

UTC Legend
Since most of us have time on our hands, put together your all time team of players that played for us in the third tier, since that's where we've spent most of our time.

The rules are:

1. Their inclusion has to be based on their performances for us whilst playing for us in the third tier. So, as much fun as it was watching Fraser's cameos against League One defenders as they realised someone from another planet had just come on the pitch, he wouldn't make it.

2. Loan players are not allowed, so no Defoe etc.

3. You can currently have a bench of seven players in League One so we'll be generous and go with that.

This will obviously be heavily influenced by teams that you saw so I can't really include any of the 70s players in mine since I never saw them play. I refuse to pick by reputation so no Ted for me.

Peyton

Francis - Cox - Howe - Vincent

Elliot - Arter - Pulis - R Cooke

Pitman - Ekoku

Subs: S Jones, Hayter, Stock, Ritchie, N Young, J Williams, Bartram

There's probably some absolute clangers that I've missed out but this is what comes to mind right now.

Ménétrier

Berthe Addison Hart
Rodriguez

Oh balls to it..can't even be arsed to finish off a joke.

Actual team:

Glass

Francis Cox Howe Daniels
Elliot Bailey Fletcher Jorgensen
Big Man Pitman

Bench: Arter, Ritchie, Moss, Hayter, Hollands, Jones, O'Connor.

Ahh, Claus. Good shout. I actually should have him on the bench ahead of Ritchie given MR was only here for half a L1 season and CJ was excellent.

Now coaching in Denmark according to wiki.

Ahh, Claus. Good shout. I actually should have him on the bench ahead of Ritchie given MR was only here for half a L1 season and CJ was excellent.

Now coaching in Denmark according to wiki.

He possibly owns a kitchen design company, too.... if an old memory of a thread on here many years ago is correct.

Moss

Young Howe Cox Daniels

Elliott Arter Holland Pugh

Pitman Fletch

Subs Ovendale, C.Fletcher, Jorgensen, Bartley, G.O'Connor, Stein, S.Jones

I have to update mine, that can't be allowed to stand.

Peyton

Francis - Cox - Howe - Vincent

Elliot - Arter - Pulis - Pugh

Pitman - Ekoku

Subs: S Jones, Hayter, Stock, Jorgensen, N Young, J Williams, Bartram

Could argue with myself all day over this.

——————-Moss
Francis—Howe—Cox—Cummings
————Bailey——-Arter
Elliott———Hayter———-Pugh
—————-Pitman

Glass, Elphick, Daniels, C. Fletcher, Holland, Grabban, Fletcher

Everyone's gone for Elliot so far. I wish we could bring back his chant... maybe for Danjuma.

We've got Danjuma
He's fecking brilliant,
He's fecking brilliant,
He's fecking brilliant

Assuming he is of course. We haven't seen enough to judge yet!

Ménétrier

Berthe Addison Hart
Rodriguez

This has got legs to it, although is that Dani Rodriguez who I quite liked or someone else I’ve forgotten about? I’ll add Willie Huck, Dale Gordon and Lorenzo Davids, I started off with Fat Frank Demouge and David Town up top, but then realised Chukki Eribenne, Amos Foyewa and Roger Boli have solid claims.

My best team
Bartram
Francis Cox Howe Daniels
Elliot Holland Arter Pugh
Pitman Blissett

Subs: Moss, Purches, Baby Fletch, Bailey, Ritchie, Hayter, Jonesey

Go back and watch the League One promotion DVD and it's scary how many goals Pugh and Pitman combined to make.

Thought Matt Holland deserved a shout, had to move C.Fletcher to defence to accommodate him though.

Moss

Francis C.Fletcher Howe Cummings

Elliott Arter M.Holland Pugh

Fletch Pitman

Jalal
Young
Cox
Daniels
O'Connor
Hayter
Jones

So many players to choose from. Very tough if you add the Bond era. Football is as much about brawn as beauty so gone for a Hard XI:

Jon Stewart

Heffernan, Roger Brown, Impey, Powell

Keith Williams, Pulis, Arter

Trevor Morgan, Aylott and Mooney

PS: Struggling for a keeper but Jon Stewart was alleged to have damaged a hotel room I think!

The early seventies team was one of the best ever to play at level three - so any selection would fave to include several from that team

This has got legs to it, although is that Dani Rodriguez who I quite liked or someone else I’ve forgotten about? I’ll add Willie Huck, Dale Gordon and Lorenzo Davids, I started off with Fat Frank Demouge and David Town up top, but then realised Chukki Eribenne, Amos Foyewa and Roger Boli have solid claims.

My best team
Bartram
Francis Cox Howe Daniels
Elliot Holland Arter Pugh
Pitman Blissett

Subs: Moss, Purches, Baby Fletch, Bailey, Ritchie, Hayter, Jonesey

This is pretty good but Younger and the Big man would have to make my final 18.

Roger Jones
Bryn Jones and Brian Farmer
Teale, Gater, Bolton.
H.Redknapp, Boyer, TedMac, Pugh , Coxon.

Sub's: David Best....Colin Clark....Keith East.....Steve Buttle...Jimmy Singer....Alan Groves..Brett Pitman...Ray Bumstead... Big Fletch....Brian Clark.

Last edited:

;