Daniels

Cooke
Bishop
Peacock
Pugh

MacDougall
Boyer

Subs Peyton/Pitman/Ritchie/Cox/Hayter/Parkinson/Powell

Can’t believe I missed Teale and Peacock! It is tough though, Paul Wood another one I’ve got a soft spot for.

Krissika, Red Dez and Ade, go away and give yourselves a huge slap

no Fletch??????

WTF’inF?????

As much as I love Fletch, there were lots of technically better and more prolific strikers down the years - he can have a spot in my fourth tier team instead ;)

Peacock only spent four months in the third tier with us so I'd overlook him in favour of others in the same way I did Ritchie as soon as other options came up.

Teale is a good shout.

Peyton

Heffernan, Cox,Willo, Daniels

Elliot, Spackman, Redknapp, Pugh

Colin Clarke, Blissett

Subs. Jalal, Brignull, Fletcher S, Hayter, Mcdonald, Teale, Best (but only if he brings his girlfriend)

The longer you've been watching AFCB, the harder this is.

I'm trying to come up with my favourite XI, but it just frazzles my brain.

Best
Machin Williams Powell Daniels
Cooke Bolton Arter Pugh
MacDougall Boyer

Tough no nonsense CB’s; ball playing attacking full backs providing near post crosses and working tirelessly with their wingers; fantastic midfielders and 2 fantastic strikers who never got injured. Feels Burnleyesqe for JCL’s

So many players to choose from. Very tough if you add the Bond era. Football is as much about brawn as beauty so gone for a Hard XI:

Jon Stewart

Heffernan, Roger Brown, Impey, Powell

Keith Williams, Pulis, Arter

Trevor Morgan, Aylott and Mooney

PS: Struggling for a keeper but Jon Stewart was alleged to have damaged a hotel room I think!
Do you mean Gareth Stewart?

Do you mean Gareth Stewart?

No, do you remember when Eddie went to Burnley and took Marv? He then took a young keeper who had fallen out with Eddie Mitchell - details weren’t very forthcoming at the time plus my memory isn’t great ; something like an alleged hotel room being smashed up and other claims? We got him from a Pompey but started at Weymouth. Only played 4 games. Came on at orient when jalal was injured.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bournemouth/9454480.stm

Last edited:
No, do you remember when Eddie went to Burnley and took Marv? He then took a young keeper who had fallen out with Eddie Mitchell - details weren’t very forthcoming at the time plus my memory isn’t great ; something like an alleged hotel room being smashed up and other claims? We got him from a Pompey but started at Weymouth. Only played 4 games. Came on at orient when jalal was injured.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bournemouth/9454480.stm
I'd forgotten about that!

Fairly certain that Dean never played outside the fourth tier for us but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time :)

Hi Chris - I think you are right. He broke his leg early in 81/82 season and left after the season so don’t think he was there in 82/83 !

;