Amid all the rumour and speculation...

Back in May it was eh stock answer to every question about this summers transfer window. Which the journos chose to ignore and keep asking about summer transfer targets.

There's a whole thread on it but here's a reminder

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44111187

Howe, in context with when those interviews came about was discussing how the club progresses from where we are now having not reached 9th or 46 points. He quite rightly points towards the stadium and training ground, two things that don't just appear over night...

This one?

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfoot...fcb-a-happy-place-right-now.6065/#post-181830

That's the one. The actual interviews though, stock answer to questions about transfers this window went something like "I'm happy with the squad I have and we need better training facilities and a bigger stadium to attract better players so that's the priority"

Of course that was an open goal for anyone at the press conference to ask some searching questions about the stadium. And I suspect what EH wanted. Instead there would be another lame question about transfers

I'm getting a bit nervous about next season. Whilst I do this ever summer I feel other sides have got stronger. Evans to Leicester, Kongolo to Huddersfield. Yes we have a good squad but we all know where our weaknesses are. Hoping Eddie is picking the right player to fit into the right slot and I'm sure he is. Everyone is a year older, other sides are wiser to what we do, I'm hoping we make the right moves to make sure we finish where we have the past two seasons preferably with a better start so we don't play catch up.

I honestly think Wolves won't be in the relegation mix next season as much as I absolutely hate them. In Eddie I trust though

Blimey, talk about having a panic over nothing.

Evans....good player yes, I'm sure he was in a relegated team last season. Kongolo - already been part of a side that barely avoided the drop, so how does that make them stronger??

Other sides are wiser to what we do? Some have been saying that for the last three seasons at this level and guess what....not enough of them have sussed us out, as we finished above several of them.

I'm really not sure of anyone of our rivals has become stronger yet, not many have made any signings either. As some have said, with the financial year at the end of June, I would not be surprised if we don't announce anyone before then. Eddie has already spoken at the end of the season to strongly hint that he knows we need to strengthen, you know what he's like, so suspect him and his staff are working tirelessly and I bet we have something lined up, just not yet revealed.

On the other side, Leicester paid £3.5 million for a player who not that long back had a £20 million price tag, so there are bargains out there if you act quickly before another club snaps them up.

The rumour about Evans, is that he is on 100k wages a week [ Brighton fans can confirm this I assume ], so even though the fee was a good one, it's not as simple as just that part.

;