Andoni Iraola

Andoni Iraola will not be Manager of the Month.
S' gonna be the Liverpool or Arsenal manager.

If Andoni doesn't get mentioned on R5 then it's not happening.. The 'market' would not be able to handle it anyway.
Plus if he did got it...you know what happens next....no more wins this season,

Stupid Award.

If Andoni doesn't get mentioned on R5 then it's not happening.. The 'market' would not be able to handle it anyway.

Stupid Award.
What market?

Stupid Award.

Had a few greygooses, skimmed over your post and was certain you declared Pulis and not Plus :D

Thought that sounds about right;)

What market?
The 'Market' that the PL 'encompasses'...it's ' brainwashed' afficionado's....the whole f√cking corrupt show...VAR operators....the chav impressing newspapers like the Sun and Star. Radio 5 and The Manchester United Brigade.
...f√ck ...I could go on until 4 o'clock in the f√cking morning with this ....I'm slogging home runs on every ball !

The 'Market' that the PL 'encompasses'...it's ' brainwashed' afficionado's....the whole f√cking corrupt show...VAR operators....the chav impressing newspapers like the Sun and Star. Radio 5 and The Manchester United Brigade.
...f√ck ...I could go on until 4 o'clock in the f√cking morning with this ....I'm slogging home runs on every ball !

Good work batman. Looking for a Robin?

Apologies if this has already been shared. Wonder which sulking players he's referring to.
It was good to read that.
Clearly Andoni is a disciplinarian and doesn't allow his players to dictate things.
Behind that smiling exterior I always suspected that there was tough interior and this only confirms it.

If one of the players he was referring to here was Kerkez, he certainly responded in the right way when he came on against Palace.

Players need to know that they will be dropped, regardless of reputation, if they don't perform well or don't get onboard with the rest of the team.
Just another thing Andoni seems to be getting spot on !

It was good to read that.
Clearly Andoni is a disciplinarian and doesn't allow his players to dictate things.
Behind that smiling exterior I always suspected that there was tough interior and this only confirms it.

If one of the players he was referring to here was Kerkez, he certainly responded in the right way when he came on against Palace.

Players need to know that they will be dropped, regardless of reputation, if they don't perform well or don't get onboard with the rest of the team.
Just another thing Andoni seems to be getting spot on !

Agree.

Problem with letting players get away with 'tantrams'/bad attitude is it's likely to be insidious.

Other players will clock it (even on subconscious level) and may stsrt to display funny attitudes too, and before you know it you have a big problem on your hands. Maybe what happened with how Howe dealt with (or didn't...) the fraser issue and others notable drop in performance.

Seen that kind of thing play out before several times in workplace when manager too nice/lenient around that kind of thing.

Not saying need to be draconian or rule with iron fist, but there has to be boundaries and consequences as people will start acting up. Human nature.

Behind a paywall unfortunately but I'm guessing that this suggests that he and his family are feeling settled and happy here, which should facilitate contract extension negotiations in the summer.

If he and his family are settled here, it seems a no-brainer for him to extend for another year at least in the summer. I'm pretty sure that Bill would have discussed the matter with him when he was over here.

Hopefully it is now just a formality and will get sorted out once the season is over.

Behind a paywall unfortunately but I'm guessing that this suggests that he and his family are feeling settled and happy here, which should facilitate contract extension negotiations in the summer.

If he and his family are settled here, it seems a no-brainer for him to extend for another year at least in the summer. I'm pretty sure that Bill would have discussed the matter with him when he was over here.

Hopefully it is now just a formality and will get sorted out once the season is over.
Asked if there had been any talks around extending his contract, or if he was comfortable with the situation as it is, Iraola said: “For me, it is the first time I think I am going to finish a season with a contract already for next season.

“I am trying to remember, but I think it is the first time.

“Because normally, in Rayo I was there three seasons, but every year we signed at the end of the season – ‘you are happy, I am happy, yes, we continue, one more year’.

His family aren’t here. He is renting a house in Whitecliff and they come from time to time. I think he said it was too key a stage in his kids education to move them. Didn’t he spend Xmas on his own too?

His family aren’t here. He is renting a house in Whitecliff and they come from time to time. I think he said it was too key a stage in his kids education to move them. Didn’t he spend Xmas on his own too?
Thanks Neil, didn't realise that !
If true, that's a bit sad !
Somebody pop round and give the poor guy a hug !

In that case I can understand that he might prefer to extend year to year, depending upon his current family situation.

All we can do is to make him WANT to continue here for as long as possible AND of course we need a succession plan in place, just in case.

That's not an ideal situation. Your kids growing up is one part of your life you don't get back if you miss it and he'll probably have to make a decision one way or the other. You could understand some reticence when he arrived about bringing them over (and the dodgy start) but it's difficult. I'm hoping that now he's basically established they'll move over.

I thought his family were here and they went back to Spain for Easter, that is what our manager said recently in interview.

Also this from last September in Echo.

THE IRAOLA family are settling into life in Dorset, but Cherries head coach Andoni Iraola has put a pause on adventures across the south coast after his two children started school.

In pre-season, Iraola detailed how he visited Durdle Door on a rare day off from training, stating that he planned to explore other local landmarks when he got the opportunity.

The recent international break allowed the Basque the chance to visit Moors Valley with his family, but stated that further exploration was on hold as his kids focused on starting school.

Plus this from November in Sky interview.

"I think it was the right decision. My family is very happy here."

Last edited:
I thought his family were here and they went back to Spain for Easter, that is what our manager said recently in interview.

Also this from last September in Echo.

THE IRAOLA family are settling into life in Dorset, but Cherries head coach Andoni Iraola has put a pause on adventures across the south coast after his two children started school.

In pre-season, Iraola detailed how he visited Durdle Door on a rare day off from training, stating that he planned to explore other local landmarks when he got the opportunity.

The recent international break allowed the Basque the chance to visit Moors Valley with his family, but stated that further exploration was on hold as his kids focused on starting school.

Plus this from November in Sky interview.

"I think it was the right decision. My family is very happy here."

That’s what I heard him say in an interview on the radio.

;