Andoni Iraola

Wonder if Blake/Hughes are working on identifying replacements or have some already lined up.

My money is on getting rid of AI in the next 2 or 3 weeks, before Elphick steps in until at least January... probably longer.
You’d hope they would be in the ear of a few people. Especially Potter. The issue would be finding another manager happy to pop their career on their shit player choices. It’s cost four people their jobs and about to probably be five.

Wait…. What’s the common link here?

You’d hope they would be in the ear of a few people. Especially Potter. The issue would be finding another manager happy to pop their career on their shit player choices. It’s cost four people their jobs and about to probably be five.

You'd certainly hope so. Can't see potter being intersted at all unless we convince him we intend on spending another 200 mill this Jan perhaps and offer him a very lucrative contract.

Today and Everton were the real test and to take 0 points from those is unacceptable. I don't think his 'style' (can you even call it that) of play works in the premier league, especially with the personal we have.
We brought him in to take us to the next level and after 9 games we look arguably worse than last season.
GON got his first ever management job and managed to grind out some points pretty quickly - AI hasn't been able to do that.

It's a real shame because I really like the guy but we need points sooner rather than later.

His old club currently sit 8th in la Liga so maybe he wasn't as instrumental to his success as we were lead to believe.

Not sure they've cost 4 managers their jobs. Parker did that by himself with his attitude and public outbursts, O'Neil I personally think lost the job due to those last 4 games.

Tindall, yes underacheived but was that him or the players!? I thought your view was anyone with that squad should have got bus up so not **************** players then!? Woody was always temporary for Parker

Not sure they've cost 4 managers their jobs. Parker did that by himself with his attitude and public outbursts, O'Neil I personally think lost the job due to those last 4 games.

Tindall, yes underacheived but was that him or the players!? I thought your view was anyone with that squad should have got bus up so not **************** players then!? Woody was always temporary for Parker
Parker’s outburst was about their signings. They also fired O’Neil whichever way you look at it but presumably because they didn’t think he was getting the best out of the players they signed and Iraola could.

I know a few mention that about GON buy I don't think they're tgat short sighted. (Despite their other faults)

It was certainly almost embarrassing to watch, very hard work tbh, but I think the plan was always to bring in someone a bit more 'sexy' once tge season ended, even if he won a couple of those games.

Or maybe he built the foundations? The players are still there too.
It's a fair point you make. I mean can all the previous 5 managers be sh*t?
It certainly hasn't helped that we've bought 5 very average wingers that haven't improved the side, have no serious second keeper to challenge the flapping Neto, our replacement for lerma is a chronically injured yank no one else would touch and our center backs are very questionable at this level.
Also think our team is crying out for an experienced pro (think Cahill) to help calm all these young players we've brought into the side.

Parker’s outburst was about their signings. They also fired O’Neil whichever way you look at it but presumably because they didn’t think he was getting the best out of the players they signed and Iraola could.
Parkers outburst was about the lack of signings in my view, a point disproved by O'Neil.

Whatever way you view things it can't be ignored individually a lot if the players gave regressed this season. That's on the coach.

At the same time though our last 5 managers have been pretty risky appointments:

Tindall - No previous experience as a manager.
Woodgate - No previous experience as a manager.
Parker - Did well to take Fulham up but struggled with them in the premier League.
O'Niel - No previous experience as a manager
Iraola - Did good things with a small Spanish club but no experience of English football.

I get we aren't the most attractive club to go to but that's a whole lot of gambles.
Also very hard to buy players to suit a manager when you going through one a season and expect to sack one as soon as they hit a poor run.

At the same time though our last 5 managers have been pretty risky appointments:

Parker - Did well to take Fulham up but struggled with them in the premier League.
Iraola - Did good things with a small Spanish club but no experience of English football.

I get we aren't the most attractive club to go to but that's a whole lot of gambles.
Also very hard to buy players to suit a manager when you going through one a season and expect to sack one as soon as they hit a poor run.
The product of when you over promote an owners son in law and a managers mate.

You are bob on. Zero coherent strategy.

Also very hard to buy 7players to suit a manager when you going through one a season and expect to sack one as soon as they hit a poor run.

I thought most of them were awful appointments given where we were at that moment in time tbh.

We didn't seem to have a plan b fir when people left and just p1ssed about indecisively, leaving someone well above their level of ability in charge of the ship.

Parkers outburst was about the lack of signings in my view, a point disproved by O'Neil.

Whatever way you view things it can't be ignored individually a lot if the players gave regressed this season. That's on the coach.
Agree on an individual basis.

However if you are looking for your sixth coach in just over three years you probably need to look further than those coaches.

I mean all fingers point to the chuckle brothers being way out of their depth. Don't think Foley will tolerate their incompetence for long, especially when it his millions that's being pissed up the wall

Well the performance (or lack of...) of the new signings and AI certainly won't have instilled much confidence from the owners and helped their cause.

Plus GON getting a resukt today and where wolves are sat will compound things ( I assume they pushed for AI replacing GON?)

Andonis future comes down to weather Foley actually wants to try and long term project or wants immediate success.
We either roll the new manager dice for a sixth time and hope we finally strike it lucky or accept we will probably be relegated under Iraola this season but let him pick some players in January and see what he can do with round pegs in round holes.

Andonis future comes down to weather Foley actually wants to try and long term project or wants immediate success.
We either roll the new manager dice for a sixth time and hope we finally strike it lucky or accept we will probably be relegated under Iraola this season but let him pick some players in January and see what he can do with round pegs in round holes.

Look we are not down as plenty of games to go. However we are c*ap. We give teams loads of chances a game, yet we struggle to create on a regular basis.
We have 1 strikers, and 150 wingers ( who Tav apart ) your not bothered if they even play.

Most teams have a pattern or a way of playing. I don't really know what we are doing if honest

Seems unlikely with the money at stake, if it carries on Bill will admit he got it wrong, you just don't have time in this league.
I don't think the change in style has been noticeable enough in quality of play. The most noticeable change after 9 games has been playing short and the high press but the press has rarely benefited us and often players have missed a challenge by a second and then looked completely out of position when bypassed, the late Brentford goal for example. They don't look fully comfortable playing it or doing it for 90 mins with that intensity.

Would 100% get rid. I was all for a longterm project, but we look significantly worse, and nobody, including the players, seems to understand what new style of play we are working towards. Gifting up huge parts of the midfield, playing players out of position (was nice to see Billing playing in a role more suited to him), favouring players that look out of their depth over others (good to see Brooks back). Yes, it’s only 9 games, but that’s a quarter of a season and things aren’t getting any better. So he got mid table in la liga with a team that nobody has heard of, so what? That doesn’t translate to success in the prem. Sorry, but it hasn’t worked out and not like he has any affinity with the club that might buy some more time here. It’s a results based business, and we’ve done about as badly as possible.

;