Andoni Iraola

Think people are deluded though if they think Potter will come here and replace him with some of the clubs he's rejected since leaving Chelsea.

It will probably be an old school pragmatic manager as that is what all clubs in PL facing relegation do when they panic.

Look we are not down as plenty of games to go. However we are c*ap. We give teams loads of chances a game, yet we struggle to create on a regular basis.
We have 1 strikers, and 150 wingers ( who Tav apart ) your not bothered if they even play.

Most teams have a pattern or a way of playing. I don't really know what we are doing if honest
This .

He's done nothing. Bill doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who takes fools gladly with his great expectations. There's enough in the current squad to get us out of this mess and its down to the manager to sort it.
If that's the way Bill is then we're in trouble.

I can't fathom what's happening in the dressing room at half time, today wasn't the first game where we've come out half asleep and made ridiculous errors that have cost us points.
Just looking at AI, he seems too nice, not enough fire in his belly. I saw him throwing something in the dugout in frustration at the 2nd goal, but I still can't imagine getting hair dryer treatment from him. And when the senior players on the pitch are getting sent off or putting the team under unnecessary pressure giving the ball away, there's no synergy between the coach and the players.
I want AI to succeed, but he needs help from the sideline and a champion or 2 on the pitch who are 100% bought into his game.

Andonis future comes down to weather Foley actually wants to try and long term project or wants immediate success.
We either roll the new manager dice for a sixth time and hope we finally strike it lucky or accept we will probably be relegated under Iraola this season but let him pick some players in January and see what he can do with round pegs in round holes.
Problem I see if you keep changing the manager would you not think you need the new coach may want to change the back room staff?

Agree that Andoni needs more experience. Elphick and Cooper shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

We have signed some very average players at huge prices with no balance whatsoever.

We won't even be able to move them on to other clubs without huge losses.

Due to FFP we can't just spend our way out of it. Hughes signings have for the most part been awful.

Something needs to change, and quickly.

Don’t really blame Iraola for most of the negatives this season. I think he’s been let down a bit by the transfer window, the fixture list, and his players making boneheaded individual errors.

Not a lot wrong with that first half at all until the players individually and collectively pressed the self destruct button. Mind blowing capitulation against yet another shite team. And just when you think we might actually get away with it, Captain fantastic steps up.

I can pick out maybe 5 or 6 individual errors that exist outside of general tactical instruction, that have stopped us being on 6 or 7 points minimum. Kerkez slip vs Brentford, everything today, capitulation at Brighton either side of half time, the entire Everton performance really. Wolves are not a good side, they’ve just stumbled into beating us after we gifted them a win. They were awful against ten men, we were the better team first half.

Although I will say our general game management looks absolutely appalling, especially 5 minutes before and after the ends of halves. No idea what he’s telling them at half time.

Don’t really blame Iraola for most of the negatives this season. I think he’s been let down a bit by the transfer window, the fixture list, and his players making boneheaded individual errors.

Not a lot wrong with that first half at all until the players individually and collectively pressed the self destruct button. Mind blowing capitulation against yet another shite team. And just when you think we might actually get away with it, Captain fantastic steps up.

I can pick out maybe 5 or 6 individual errors that exist outside of general tactical instruction, that have stopped us being on 6 or 7 points minimum. Kerkez slip vs Brentford, everything today, capitulation at Brighton either side of half time, the entire Everton performance really. Wolves are not a good side, they’ve just stumbled into beating us after we gifted them a win. They were awful against ten men, we were the better team first half.

Although I will say our general game management looks absolutely appalling, especially 5 minutes before and after the ends of halves. No idea what he’s telling them at half time.

Do agree to an extent, but Wolves had a number of chances in the first half where they were very close to equalizing iirc. We weren't totally dominant, rock solid or carving them open at will in the 1st half, by a long stretch. It's just that we gave them a helping hand with three massive game changing incidents in the 2nd half. Who knows how it would have ended if we hadn't conceded right away.

I'm starting to think AI assistant is more important then anyone realises, it's almost like he is the real brains behind the partnership, AI is like Tindall and his assistant is like howe maybe and we know Tindall can not work without howe and maybe its the same for AI

I'm starting to think AI assistant is more important then anyone realises, it's almost like he is the real brains behind the partnership, AI is like Tindall and his assistant is like howe maybe and we know Tindall can not work without howe and maybe its the same for AI
On a serious note you can’t underestimate this. A great assistant complements the managers weaknesses and plays a vital part in the whole set up. JT was never cut out to be a manager but players I’ve spoken to will detail exactly the qualities Eddie values in him.

Most managers have one they take everywhere with them.

We were a side that flirted with relegation all last season and removed our key energy lynchpin in midfield and employed a coach without his key staff (the latter may not directly be the clubs fault but forward planning would have warned of the likelihood of this scenario)

We were saying yesterday we could end up having to give compensation to someone that has never worked for us if we sack
AI although am not au fait enough with Spanish employment law to do anything other than speculate on that!

Indeed mate. Particularly when you consider AI doesn't have PL experience. It's not unusual for a manager to bring in at least 3 or 4 of his own people. To my knowledge the only person we've heard about is his assistant and the Cirque de Soleil bloke (who I doubt has any input on the tactics, skills side of things lol).

Parker brought in 3 and has vast English game background... GON brought in the man from Liverpool.

AI doesn;t even have his assistant, only the likes of Cooper, Elphick and although we don't know how adept they are, have raised question marks as to if they possess the calibre or experience to operate at this level.

It is perhaps a cause for concern given everything about the current setup and AI's background. Perhaps AI has this amazing synergy with Cooper/Elphick and its like a match made in heaven, but I don't think its unjust for people to feel its a cause for concern here. Seems a bit too tinpot, Conference like almost... I'd have expected a new manager from overseas at a PL club to have wheeled in 3 or 4 of his own back room staff tbh.

;