Andoni Iraola

Just watched his press conference pre-Liverpool. His style is really open and it was genuinely interesting. I suspect he may become more circumspect and cliched as time goes on but I am certainly enjoying listening to him now.

Just watched his press conference pre-Liverpool. His style is really open and it was genuinely interesting. I suspect he may become more circumspect and cliched as time goes on but I am certainly enjoying listening to him now.
I enjoy listening to him.
I think this was probably his most reserved interview to date.

Agreed. He’s certainly refreshing, more so than any other since Eddie.

SSN

Iraola: Numbers-wise, our business is done​

Bournemouth manager Andoni Iraola on the club's transfer situation:

"Number-wise, we have the players, the numbers. Now, it will depend on the players who could leave, we'd have to substitute them.

"But the club is ready, they are ready for what the market is offering, and you never know when a good player is available.

"Number-wise, I think we are done - but with Alex and Tyler injured, we don't have the numbers today. We will have them when they are recovered.

"It can happen [a signing], there is always movement in the last days of the market, there could be some players leaving and others arriving, I don't know. But it's also possible there are no signings."

You are just willing this guy to succeed because he's so likeable.
He just seems very centred and happy with his life. I don’t think we’ll ever see him as angst-ridden as Eddie was towards the end.

I imagine that his family life will always be more important to him than his football life, just because of his cultural heritage. Probably best for his health ( mental and physical ) to be that way too !

Seems like a thoroughly nice, modest and well balanced bloke. I’m very excited to see what he can achieve with us and our ambitious new owners !

SSN

Iraola: Numbers-wise, our business is done​

Bournemouth manager Andoni Iraola on the club's transfer situation:

"Number-wise, we have the players, the numbers. Now, it will depend on the players who could leave, we'd have to substitute them.

"But the club is ready, they are ready for what the market is offering, and you never know when a good player is available.

"Number-wise, I think we are done - but with Alex and Tyler injured, we don't have the numbers today. We will have them when they are recovered.

"It can happen [a signing], there is always movement in the last days of the market, there could be some players leaving and others arriving, I don't know. But it's also possible there are no signings."
The same SSN who reported yesterday that we still wanted a winger and a striker

The same SSN who reported yesterday that we still wanted a winger and a striker.

Think that was from Mark M at today’s press conference which I just posted on COWS re our business is done.

Mark asked our manager the questions and that was his answer, the same that was on SSN.

Think that was from Mark M at today’s press conference which I just posted on COWS.
Basically nothing is set in stone. He was only talking about numbers not actual personnel.
Anything could still happen and players we currently intend to keep could suddenly be allowed to leave.

Basically nothing is set in stone. He was only talking about numbers not actual personnel.
Anything could still happen and players we currently intend to keep could suddenly be allowed to leave.

Exactly.

Mark M also asked him if you signed another player what position would you like him to be.

Think that was from Mark M at today’s press conference which I just posted on COWS re our business is done.

Mark asked our manager the questions and that was his answer, the same that was on SSN.
But he didn’t say our business is done. He said we had the numbers but he didn’t rule out other new players depending on availability and departures - he even said the club were still looking at the market.

But he didn’t say our business is done. He said we had the numbers but he didn’t rule out other new players depending on availability and departures - he even said the club were still looking at the market.
Tbh SSN reported accurately.
If people interpret that as “our business is done” that’s clearly their mistake. That was neither said nor implied.
He said he was happy with the number of players when all players are fit, nothing more.

So that’s probably how Sky interpreted his answer, re business is done.

Also from the Echo.

ANDONI Iraola did not rule out further business at Cherries this window but stated that he now believes he has the right number of players at the club.

The Basque boss believes that once Cherries’ injury crisis alleviates, he will have the right amount of players for the rest of the campaign.

;