Andoni Iraola

Well yes it is.

But scatter gun 20 millions soon add up to an FFP breach.

Traore is another example.

60 million gone with none of them regular starters.
Tyler Adam’s should have been foregone too. Hughes has wasted 80-90m its rank amateur. Hopefully on his way soon.

Andoni is a breath of fresh air compared to O'Neil.

A legend, who will hopefully extend his contract at some stage.

Probably will lose next weekend, but he will give it a bloody good go, rather than trying to contain the opposition

Disagree.

The style of football we play would see a lot of the top teams with a bloody nose.

We just haven't signed the correct players to develop Ariolas tactics.

We don't have any world class players.

Most teams have 1 or 2 at this level.

Man City have 10
Maybe GON would say the same

Easier to play attacking football when you can pick from sinisterra, kluivert, unal, Faivre, Scott etc. AI’s team has cost over £100m above what GON had to pick from. I recall when GON got a lot of stick, we didn’t even have dom or tav fit.

Lose to citeh next week (no worry if it happens) but that will be 7 without a win. Would feel AI will be under-achieving with this squad.

My recollection, from when Bill appointed Andoni and signed the players he did, is that he's happy with a two or three place improvement season on season until we're challenging for Europe. When we do it'll mean our European excursion will last longer than 2 matches in July : )

So long as we are at least 2 places higher with more points I think Bill will be happy. Achieve that and stay inside ffp straightjacket, the job's a goodun' : )

Brighton didn't get where they are in a season : )

My recollection, from when Bill appointed Andoni and signed the players he did, is that he's happy with a two or three place improvement season on season until we're challenging for Europe. When we do it'll mean our European excursion will last longer than 2 matches in July : )

So long as we are at least 2 places higher with more points I think Bill will be happy. Achieve that and stay inside ffp straightjacket, the job's a goodun' : )

Brighton didn't get where they are in a season : )
That’s my recollection also.

Tyler Adam’s should have been foregone too. Hughes has wasted 80-90m its rank amateur. Hopefully on his way soon.

How much has the rank amateur earnt the club ? Asking for a friend who works in a bar.

I presume some of his signings have contributed to seven years and £800 million plus of PL money plus a squad valued at £341 million.

Remember it takes one 6.30am text to get rid, why hasn't it happened I wonder.

I think you get a lot more leeway as a recruiter than a manager.

What you do need however is the recruiter complimenting the manager.

I think you get a lot more leeway as a recruiter than a manager.

What you do need however is the recruiter complimenting the manager.
The guy who employs the manager generally doesn't lose their job when the manager fails.

It isn't right, but it's usually the case.

The guy who employs the manager generally doesn't lose their job when the manager fails.

It isn't right, but it's usually the case.
Should be the first person out the door in reality, but as you say isn't usually the case.

When the recruiter influences who will manage, then signs the players to compliment the manager, it should be that his success is scrutinised.

However, the recruiter always seems to fly under the radar and the manager gets the boot if things don't work out.

Should be the first person out the door in reality, but as you say isn't usually the case.

When the recruiter influences who will manage, then signs the players to compliment the manager, it should be that his success is scrutinised.

However, the recruiter always seems to fly under the radar and the manager gets the boot if things don't work out.
Or three got the boot in our case…

All at large expense.

Good work if you can get it.

Another Aperol Spritz Richard?

Having watched the game, and then the highlights we see Lewis Cook gift the opponents 2 goals in 2 games.

We went 1-0 down against Fulham when he didn't clear the lines and fell over. Arguably affecting the games momentum.

Again today, another Cook error, who laid it on a plate for Ritchie with his inability to clear the line.

It's stupid decisions that have been costing us points due to individual errors.

Smith, Cook twice, Kelly a few games ago.

Cook is tidy, but error prone, same with Smith who lacks discipline.

We are just about 2 or 3 players (starters) away from being a very good side who could push the top 10.

;