Another one bites the dust

Fox27

First Team
It saddens me to announce the passing of another life long Cherry, Des, my Dad.

His first match was just before the war when we thrashed Northampton Town, only for the result to be declared null and void allowing the outbreak of hostilities, that always irked him!

Despite suffering from dementia fo a number of years and no longer being able to get to DC he did at least get to see them play their first ever match in the PL.

He leaves behind a whole family of Cherries so one of his jobs in this world was done.

His last words to me were "for pity's sake, people need to get of Jordon's back, he won't perform by getting barracked!" They weren't, but they could have been ;):)

RIP.
The family of Cherries continues with his descendants.
That would have given him immense pride I am sure.

Very sorry to hear your sad news,

At least he saw his dream come true, like all of us long standing Cherries fans, seeing our Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic/AFC Bournemouth reach the top league in this country.

RIP to another one of The AFCB family...some of us are so lucky to have had family who introduced us to the club...we pass on such great legacies..

Sorry to hear of this Fox27. I met your father on a number of occasions and he was a lovely chap and as you say he was a great supporter of the Cherries.
Very sad that he got dementia, an awful thing, but I am pleased that he did see AFCB in the PL.
Condolences from me and Roz to the whole family.

;