Another window closes without being Cherry picked.

Winsor Cherry

Star Player
What a transfer window!
I feared this might be the window where we lose one or two of our prized assets.

We are certainly not under the radar anymore but once again we have managed to retain our squad. With all the talk about Ake, C Wilson, Frazer, Brooks & prior to injury L Cook Bournemouth have done extremely well IMO to keep them all together.

Whilst being able to hold onto our assets we have brought in Solanke , Mepham & Clyne (loan) that is what I would say is a very good trading window. A few have moved on and freed up a bit of space & cash whilst we still have Tyrone as he has been loaned to Villa. M Pugh has joined Hull (on loan) he certainly leaves with our blessing and we hope to see him in some capacity in the future, in addition to appearing on that wall!

During our ride through the Leagues & whilst trying to become established in the Prem it is only Matt Ritchie (I think) that the club would have preferred to keep. (fanwise Brett Pitman & Yann Kermorgant). Obviously it is unlikely that we will continue to retain ALL our best players but at least when the day comes AFCB should now be able to obtain seriously massive prices.

On top of this Max now has 100% again which Eddie has said is good news. We've just thrashed Chelsea 4-0, Brooks is now being talked about as a possible PFA Young Player of the Year. We now stand just 2 points behind 7th, some 14points above the drop zone, we've achieved all this even after suffering a few bad injuries.

Enjoy the ride Cherry fans, what's not to like?

:utc:

Didn’t bother to watch the Sky ‘hype’ last night, as I didn’t think there would be anymore business re our club.

All the latest news was on their transfer website.

I'm wondering if the timing of Callum's knee 'clean up' was in fact a cunning plan to put a little doubt into the minds of potential bidders as to his fitness? Or just pure coincidence?
I think a lucky concidence. seems he did need it doing and I suspect that with very few games in feb it was an opportune time to sort it. but it did have the benefit of keeping him off the radar.

What a transfer window!
I feared this might be the window where we lose one or two of our prized assets.

We are certainly not under the radar anymore but once again we have managed to retain our squad. With all the talk about Ake, C Wilson, Frazer, Brooks & prior to injury L Cook Bournemouth have done extremely well IMO to keep them all together.

Whilst being able to hold onto our assets we have brought in Solanke , Mepham & Clyne (loan) that is what I would say is a very good trading window. A few have moved on and freed up a bit of space & cash whilst we still have Tyrone as he has been loaned to Villa. M Pugh has joined Hull (on loan) he certainly leaves with our blessing and we hope to see him in some capacity in the future, in addition to appearing on that wall!

During our ride through the Leagues & whilst trying to become established in the Prem it is only Matt Ritchie (I think) that the club would have preferred to keep. (fanwise Brett Pitman & Yann Kermorgant). Obviously it is unlikely that we will continue to retain ALL our best players but at least when the day comes AFCB should now be able to obtain seriously massive prices.

On top of this Max now has 100% again which Eddie has said is good news. We've just thrashed Chelsea 4-0, Brooks is now being talked about as a possible PFA Young Player of the Year. We now stand just 2 points behind 7th, some 14points above the drop zone, we've achieved all this even after suffering a few bad injuries.

You are most certainly not Minty and I cannot claim my £5

What a transfer window!

I would have liked to keep Harry Arter. I know he is only on loan but I don't expect him to play for us again. :-(

What a transfer window!

You forgot to mention the outgoing loan of maybe our highest-paid player!

Being a rosey-red-tinted- glass-full-optimist I hoped there wouldn't be any Cherries picked from the top of our tree. The reward is, hopefully, a visit from the Hot Cross Bunny ( aka Mr Rob Trent ) : )

It sounds like Sam was the one who instigated the move. Why would he want to do that?
To play the game on a Saturday afternoon? Sounds very old school, but he will already be a multi millionaire, and at 29 he may just want a couple of years first choice

You are most certainly not Minty and I cannot claim my £5
I apologise unreservedly for my positivity outburst, I'm unsure what came over me (Snooty :wagging:) it will not happen again!
Caution, negativity & realism is essential now that we are in the mire.
The cost of the injury to Brooks cannot be under estimated & we are now in a relegation scrap.
Injuries are mounting, fatigue is setting in & players think we're safe, it's a lethal combination. Where on earth will our next point come from? Will 33 be enough to survive? I fear not especially with the current surge from the bottom teams.
I bid you good day & you may now claim your £5

Only Chelsea outspent us in the January window. But despite our spending, our defeat at Cardiff shows we are no further forward. When Ibe and Mousett are brought on as a double substitution it tells me that Eddie is now well past his own sell buy date.

Only Chelsea outspent us in the January window. But despite our spending, our defeat at Cardiff shows we are no further forward. When Ibe and Mousett are brought on as a double substitution it tells me that Eddie is now well past his own sell buy date.
I thought EH was past his sell by date when we had a bad run in our first season in the Championship..........................:lol:

Please advise who you would have had on the bench and then brought on? Also, if EH is really past his sell by date - who would you like to manage AFCB?

Being a rosey-red-tinted- glass-full-optimist I hoped there wouldn't be any Cherries picked from the top of our tree. The reward is, hopefully, a visit from the Hot Cross Bunny ( aka Mr Rob Trent ) : )
I remembered. And paid up! And the creme eggs!

;