Antoine Semenyo

Special talent, like I have said all along.

Very few players can strike a ball as cleanly as he does off of both feet. His pace and strength makes him an absolute handful too. Our best signing of the PL era imo.
Michael Zia definitely agreed with you on that one, almost word for word.

Yes so we got semenyo and saved £10m vs signing Jackson. Not bad value
Not when we sell Solanke next season.

We need 2 strikers, and at the price offered Jackson was a great opportunity.

No Solanke this season, but age, costs and FFP considerations he would have been a bargain.

No Solanke this season, but age, costs and FFP considerations he would have been a bargain.

Understand the logic and that’s why we bought adams and Scott despite injury. Back then Jackson was still inured and not expected to return until April so not an option to help us stay up given dom was out injured and expected to be out for a long while too. Thus, not sure Jackson was a viable option short term.

I like unal from what I have seen. Could be a special striker so don’t think we need 2 strikers when dom leaves.

Unal looks alright, but as a like for like replacement for Solanke, or even a back up, Jackson ticked all the boxes.

Unal doesn't have the pace to replace Solanke were he to leave.

He does however compliment Solanke, so long as he remains with us.

Unal doesn't have the raw pace that Jackson and Solanke possess.

Unal looks alright, but as a like for like replacement for Solanke, or even a back up, Jackson ticked all the boxes.

You don’t have to have raw pace to be successful though, although he isn’t as quick as Dom he is clearly more of a physical presence which will probably suit our direct approach.

He looks very good so far from an albeit very limited sample size, a goal and an assist and could easily have been many more. A good signing it would seem on first viewing.

Need to let Jackson go, we didn’t sign him and that’s that. When Dom goes there are plenty of other strikers out there we can recruit who can do well for us. No point in obsessing over a player who is no longer attainable.

Dont disagree re Jackson but don’t think the timing worked plus no guarantee we would we stay up so not unreasonable to speculate there was a limit on financial spend in that accounting year re ffp.

Another decent Hughes signing if it had paid off

Think too early to judge unal just yet as he is coming back from injury too. Different to solanke but capable of making himself the primary striker next season imho

Have we ever had a player of his type before? A winger/forward with power to just muscle his way through? The closest I can think of is when King was at his peak, he was surprisingly strong and would sometimes go straight over the top of defenders and leave them as roadkill, especially near the byline.

We've had loads of tricky wingers and pacey wingers but off the top of my head can't think of one similar to Semenyo before. Anyone?

Your not still banging on about Jackson....I'd like to what boxes he ticks because he looks extremely average.

Have we ever had a player of his type before? A winger/forward with power to just muscle his way through? The closest I can think of is when King was at his peak, he was surprisingly strong and would sometimes go straight over the top of defenders and leave them as roadkill, especially near the byline.

We've had loads of tricky wingers and pacey wingers but off the top of my head can't think of one similar to Semenyo before. Anyone?
Definitely not had a player like this before. His physical attributes rather disguise the fact his footwork is really good and his first touch on those long overhead diagonal balls is outrageous - his timing, placement and awareness is another level entirely.

Berthe? And yes I can see some of you shuddering.

Definitely not had a player like this before. His physical attributes rather disguise the fact his footwork is really good and his first touch on those long overhead diagonal balls is outrageous - his timing, placement and awareness is another level entirely.

Yes, this is it. Not just strength either. But combined with high balance, agility and pace, makes him a real handful for many defenders.

Can go inside or outside with either foot.

Earlier in season was wondering how much he knew about what he was doing (like some wingers), but quite clear he does.

Nearly up there in contention for player of season - certainly most improved, surely. Along, or just behind Christie?

After last season, thought he was too raw, out of his depth and needed a season or so out on loan at 2nd tier club to grow.

The improvement in his first touch has been absolutely ridiculous.

The ball he put in for JK last night is an example of the one area of his game he has needed to improve. If he starts nailing the assists as well as everything else... then I think some very big teams are going to start taking note.

There was a video circulating after Luton of him bringing down a long ball on his instep. He did it again v Palace, even better as the ball came over his shoulder - around 30 minutes in. It was worth the ticket price alone.

(But then Kris Temple said a couple of Tavernier's long diagonal passes (drilled with backspin) were worth the ticket price alone.

George Lawrence.....not as good obviously but similar type/build of winger

We've had loads of tricky wingers and pacey wingers but off the top of my head can't think of one similar to Semenyo before. Anyo

;