Any chance of getting Eddie back?

A best ever squad that was too good to go down brought relegation.

The performances v crystal palace and newcastle were worse than even anything this season.

Thanks for the memories time to move on.

You're quite right. They swapped places with us between December and January

I've still completely missed the point you're trying to make. So over the course of one week, Everton went from the relegation zone (well 15th if we want to be accurate) to 11th, which means we were pushing for Europe rather than being in a relegation scrap?

Are their people who genuinely wouldn’t have EH back in a heartbeat? Because of one season? A proven manager at this level and by a country mile the best manager we’ve ever had.... seriously? This squad is so toxic that I don’t think there’s a man out there who could achieve automatic promotion this season, but in terms of a man to rebuild and go again, who better than EH? It will never happen, but the fact that some of you don’t want it to is frankly astounding. I was very critical of him last season, I think he got an awful lot wrong and that a lot of it was totally avoidable, but even i would have him back in a heart beat! Show the man a bit of respect FFS, at the end of the day we were only in the position to fail last season because of the miracles that he’d performed in the first place!

Eddie didn’t get much out of the squad for 18 months or so before we went down. Quite a few of the same players. Perhaps Eddie was more astute than we thought when walking away, perhaps he knew he couldn’t rebuild this squad and wasnt going to have loads of money to do it?

We have kept an awful lot of players for, in the modern game, a long time. You can see some might be wanting new challenges.

Not withstanding all of that, I believe the squad is actually finding the intensity of this league too much. The season has been shortened, two games a week, still in the cup etc. I know its easy to say, its the same for everybody else, and it is but I do feel a lot of those teams around us are more used to it. When you play at any level close to this, a drop from 100% to 95% is massive. I’m not making excuses, I’m just trying to fathom why decent players are individually falling short?

Are their people who genuinely wouldn’t have EH back in a heartbeat? Because of one season? A proven manager at this level and by a country mile the best manager we’ve ever had.... seriously? This squad is so toxic that I don’t think there’s a man out there who could achieve automatic promotion this season, but in terms of a man to rebuild and go again, who better than EH? It will never happen, but the fact that some of you don’t want it to is frankly astounding. I was very critical of him last season, I think he got an awful lot wrong and that a lot of it was totally avoidable, but even i would have him back in a heart beat! Show the man a bit of respect FFS, at the end of the day we were only in the position to fail last season because of the miracles that he’d performed in the first place!
I don't even think its about one season.

Ignoring the issue that he might not fancy a return, I would think it might be really tricky to apply a magic formula for a third time.

I don't even think its about one season.

Ignoring the issue that he might not fancy a return, I would think it might be really tricky to apply a magic formula for a third time.
I don’t doubt for a minute that he wouldn’t fancy a return, but the fact that some wouldn’t welcome it is bemusing to say the least. No guarantees of course, there never is, but who could possibly be better qualified?

I don’t doubt for a minute that he wouldn’t fancy a return, but the fact that some wouldn’t welcome it is bemusing to say the least. No guarantees of course, there never is, but who could possibly be better qualified?
But those people who want him back would (probably) be the ones saying that we shouldn't have looked back, or its just the old boys network if it didn't work out instantly.

Ignoring the issue that he might not fancy a return,

I think he’s smart enough to not want to come back. Certainly not under this current guise of Neill Blake and Richard Hughes running things from the shadows.

Let’s not forget, he looked all set to stay right until the 11th hour, if the club really wanted him to stay I believe he would have done.

...aaaah the smell of desperation fills the air

I wouldn't want Eddie back, we need to move on and get some experienced help in for JT or replace him with somone who is tactically sound and can gel this team of bandits together...but it HAS to be a long term project as I don't want to see us as a revolving for managers like Watford or the like.

Are their people who genuinely wouldn’t have EH back in a heartbeat? Because of one season? A proven manager at this level and by a country mile the best manager we’ve ever had.... seriously?
I wouldn't, unless responsibility was devolved, otherwise we'll be back to same old "when Eddie leaves, we're f**ked".

Poor old Stanthevan doesn't know what day of the week it is. He's absolutely all over the place on most threads nowadays.

There's always a first but I agree, why would anyone not want him back with the success we've had with him

;